Indian Army Artillery Systems : News and Updates

Which company in the world will tolerate a Customer who asked for a 2 wheeler and after testing for years ...suddenly realized the need of 4 wheeler and demand a change .
You didn't read the reply to that tweets i beleive?

Who was that genius dalal here claimed ATAGS never had high altitude trials done and everyone is lying. Here is the DRDO chief confirming the progress.

The K9 VAJRA-T SPH is an enhanced version of HTW’s K9 Thunder, customized and co-developed by L&T and HTW to suit the specific requirements of the Indian army, including desert operations. Among the requirements, special attention is paid to performance in desert conditions.

Rare sight of aPinaka is 214mm MBRL battery in action..

=====

MBRL is based on the chassis of Ashok layland HMV 6X6 all-wheel-drive truck, features a air conditioned crew cabin in twin-row seat layout, offers sufficient space to house the computation and fire control equipment. Though Indian Army still have older BM-21 regiment operational featuring Russian origin URAL trucks.

Indian Army's 155 mm Sharang Artillery Regiment on move via Indian Railway Military train.

========

Indian Army's 155mm Sharang Artillery Battery somewhere at Thar desert.

=======
=======

I might be refering older soltam upgrades so does OFB & soltam upgrades also as Sharang, this is to reduce confusion, basically all of the three guns are same just different in metallurgy..

I went thru the article thrice . I found no statement of intent or confirmation by any of the principal actors namely the IA , MoD / GoI or L&T on news featured in the article.

Going by your own yardstick it's pure speculation. Hence going by precedents which you've set , I'm asking you , When are you taking this down ?

The two new regiments should equip the two armoured brigades in Depsang and Chushul.

But I find it surprising that the army is not looking for more K9s for the plains beyond the 5 active regiments. I suppose the focus has shifted quite a bit towards the Chinese border, which is more infantry heavy and requires different equipment, and the shortage of SPHs will be addressed through the FRCV in the future.

Reactions: Hydra and Sathya
Keep the Mahindra line of M777, L&T line of K9 and get a private collaborator to OFB for its Dhanush project, and keep the three running.

Untill and unless the ATAGS, Desi ULH and MGS programs mature.

Anything else shouldn't be considered.
But this is not a bad idea. This will help l&t a lot. I think we should welcome this. And l&t has already done a wonderful job on the k9 thunder

But this is not a bad idea. This will help l&t a lot. I think we should welcome this. And l&t has already done a wonderful job on the k9 thunder
Different guns of different origins for the same role is not a good thing. However close our supply lines be to the frontiers, it always increase the problems.