Indian Aircraft Crash Notification

Wow. Why the hurry to proclaim the root cause even before the agencies investigate. Aircraft are complex machinery with million parts, and then there is training, flight conditions, vintage of the aircraft. Many things can go wrong.
And IAF crashing planes to pressurize government is biggest piece of B.S I have heard today.
Read few more of his tweets . He’s quite a character. Know it all type(Harfunmaula) :D

Atleast we found his body. One of my Junior, Lt. Punia was returning from the carrier back to Goa at night and disappeared over sea. His body and wreakage has not been found till date.

Atleast we found his body. One of my Junior, Lt. Punia was returning from the carrier back to Goa at night and disappeared over sea. His body and wreakage has not been found till date.

One pilot got rescued, other pilot may not have went down or drifted to far off..

We don't have any sonar or other under water sensors to screen the suspect areas?

Is it difficult to screen under water areas for pilot or ejected seat?

How will they search for it?
Please enlighten us.

One pilot got rescued, other pilot may not have went down or drifted to far off..

We don't have any sonar or other under water sensors to screen the suspect areas?

Is it difficult to screen under water areas for pilot or ejected seat?

How will they search for it?
Please enlighten us.
I have myself survived an ejection over sea. I was badly wouned but the wound was numb. I was not able to jettison my parachute and hit the water with it. Got badly entagled in it. But I knew my drills. Instead of inflating my maewest, I went under water to free my legs from the parachute chords. That gave me freedom to swim. after that I inflated my maewest as i knew that now I will not go down with the parachute to the bottom of the sea. I even started swimming back to the shore. Thankfully, my leader was orbitting over me and guided the rescue choppers. I had three lives that day. One from the blown up aircraft, second from the parachute and third from the school of baby sharks who were homing on me from the blood that was oozing out from my right arm which got torn during ejection thru the canopy. In Kirans, you have to jettison the canopy first. But I had no time as the aircraft had blown up so I ejected thru the canopy and I ejected beyond the safe ejection limits of the Martin Baker Mk4HA seats. yet survived. Even in my second ejection I had ejected outside the safe enevelope of Mk10 ejection seat.
Normally when a pilot goes down, it is important to find the wreck of the aircraft first. we know the flight path and so the search can be limited to a small area. But over sea, the problems of tide and currents can take you anywhere. Plus you have the sea which swallows everything and also throws back everything. If the pilot is incapicitated for any reason while ejecting over water, his chances of survival are nearly zero. Another factor is the height difference betwen ejection and altitude of the aircraft aircraft. Higher is the altitude, more is the separation between the wreck and the pilot. My ejection over sea was done at 250 feet altitude. So the wreck of the aircraft was discovered within no time. The radar was plotting my pick up point from sea and that was used as the origin to begin the search.

Can someone take all these old stupid junk and crush it under a steam roller or something? Why are we flying 1960 junk after 60 years and why the hell we keep on buying russian junk planes.
Chinese have even larger numbers of F7P
Although they are comparatively newer and better maintained (allegedly) due to competent aviation industry.

FC1/JF17 was supposed to replace older F7s but Chinese never did that

Can someone take all these old stupid junk and crush it under a steam roller or something? Why are we flying 1960 junk after 60 years and why the hell we keep on buying russian junk planes.
Irony is that same governing body is implementing scrapge policy for 15+ year older vehicle on road.

ground all mig-21s. they are very old fighter jets. you can buy more mig-29s from russia easily. a group captain was flying this jet. who asked him to fly this jet? i think maintenance of this jet is impossible now. too old.

• Agree
Reactions: TARGET
ground all mig-21s. they are very old fighter jets. you can buy more mig-29s from russia easily. a group captain was flying this jet. who asked him to fly this jet? i think maintenance of this jet is impossible now. too old.
Iski toh! Puncturewallah passing advice on how Ferrari driver out to drive in a race. Now I've seen it all.

Instead of MIG -29 add more LCA MK1A or Rafale fighter jet

Reactions: Hydra
rafale is very costly. homegrown fighter jet is the right answer. you have large number of migs so replacing them with other jets is a big problem.
Rafale is immediately available to us compared to LCA MK1A due to the low production rate. Yes, it's expensive but 1/4th of Mig 21 number will be enough to add the deterrence and offensive capability to IAF.

Reactions: Arsalan123