Indian AESA Radar Developments

This one is a Israeli configuration proposed for HPR by IAI and L&T

46291899695_80e74ed79c_b.jpg

7263325_1528833970644_jpeg8346e8b529d9235ea12ec44115930a5a.jpeg

The cooling unit and power systems for the HPR is the same ones employed in LRTR-3

9907077_lrtrddd_jpeg84f2f63762eb7841f7210916b8d74929.jpeg

As one can see HPR will employ the LRTR-3 containerised

1. 330 KW liquid refrigerant cooling system

2. 12 MW power generating system

Reactions: Ashwin and Sulla84
So, you mean DRDO is understating the range. By how much ?

No idea , because range is not a absolute figure when it comes to radars , it depends on many factors like RCS etc.

But i know for certain that ranges are understated for many of the system's and given that same Tx/Rx are being used even though with corresponding modifications , range capabilities will be higher , but will the range extention be justified vis a vis operationally required/mandated parameters like spatial / range resolution , mtbf , peak power etc it remains to be seen or rather the designers will only be aware of.

Reactions: Gautam
View attachment 11519

first pics of drdo HPR ( high power radar ) active antenna array unit ( AAAU ) ?

In a complete installation there are 4 AAAU's each facing at 4 different directions for 360 degree coverage.

Anyways it kind of looks similar to MFSTAR radar panels , If so what business has MFSTAR in a ground configuration ? Unless drdo took lessons from the same for implementing on HPR .

I leave the questions and answers to you all

MF-STAR is an Israeli radar. I doubt DRDO lacks the competancy required that they have to copy an Israeli design.

MF-STAR is an Israeli radar. I doubt DRDO lacks the competancy required that they have to copy an Israeli design.

Sigh

Everybody knows MFSTAR is Israeli

It seems i should not have mentioned the MFSTAR in the HPR radar post.

I mentioned it only to preemptive any subsequent members raising the above conclusions because it kind of looks like it from the frontal aspect which could be entirely coincidental or deliberate due to familiarity, without any direct connection with MFSTAR .

And now it seems instead of preventing it as i thought, it has only served to worsen it.

Last edited:
Aerodynamics (@Aerodynamic111) Tweeted:
Girish Deodhare, chief of the ADA has confirmed that MWF-Mk2 will come equipped with indigenously developed Uttam AESA radar from the start from 2022 when the aircraft will be rolled out for its first flight in 2023, he also confirmed that even though India’s state-owned HAL Aerodynamics on Twitter ( )

Do read the entire thread.

The geometry of Tapered Slot Antenna(TSA)/Vivaldi Antenna designed by LDRE :
1577349188581.png

Image of LRDE developed & fabricated Vivaldi Antenna/Tapered Slot Antenna (TSA) :
1577349217920.png

Vivaldi Antenna with more refined design, fabricated by DARE :
1577348107320.png

Notice the improvements in fabrication quality ?

5-18 GHz 16-Element Linear Antenna Array Unit
1577348071137.png

5-18 GHz 32-Element Planar Antenna Array Unit :
1577348038397.png

5-18 GHz is usually considered with in S, C, X and Ku bands. These bandwidths are usually used in targeting radars not surveillance radar.

Reactions: Nikhil
MM Wave Collision Avoidance Sensor for UGV

Labs : Defence Electronics Application Laboratory (DEAL)
  • Operates at W band
  • MMW sensor provides range and bearing information of obstacles in the path of the UGV
  • Sensor has operating advantages over IR and Visible bands under fog, cloud, dust and other battlefield Environment
  • Aid to the operator in autonomously guiding the Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV).
1577352232281.png

PZT-Polymer Elements for Advanced Sonar Transducers

Labs
  • Naval Materials Research Laboratory (NMRL)
Technology Cluster
  • Naval Systems and Materials (NS&M)

PZT(Piezocomposite) polymer composite elements and linear arrays for advanced sonar transducers developed by NMRL as a high promise alternative for conventionally used PZT piezoceramic material having the limitation like high acoustic impedance, higher weight factor and poor mechanical properties. The Piezocomposite based sonar transducers exhibit enhanced receiving and transmitting response over a large frequency bandwidth and narrow beam width

1577352378677.png

1577352325830.png

1577352306867.png

Reactions: Nikhil
Some of the many body flushed antennas in the works. I've posted about some of them before on this thread :
Screenshot (651).png

Screenshot (652).png

Pork muscle tissue is often used in lab scale experimentation to check the effect of a EM radiating element on human tissue. Pork muscle tissue has similar magnetic and electrical field permeability to human tissue and is thus a very good substitute.