Funny Stuff

Quote of the day🌞

Pakistan is checking all the clauses in their Declaration of Independence to see if India can take back Pakistan through a proclamation by the Indian President.

Specially for words like
"Temporary Partition"

Is this for real ??

1565268860623.png

Testimony to how much damage Trump's mediation offer did. People who have nothing to do with politics and don't post on politics start tweeting about it. In this context, if nothing else, 370 removal will get Modi a ton of votes.

1565269550491.png

So I went to reddit and was bombarded with memes :

"I luv mondays"
1565276687798.png

"Amit Shah thanking the man who helped us remove 370, 35A and bifurcated the State(J&K) and made it UT. #ThankYouMahi"
1565276772491.png

"POK jaane ki taiyari karte hue maahi"
1565276873896.png

So many Amit Shah memes, so many :
1565280420632.png

Ooori baba what kaanspiracy saar !!!
1565280456661.png

The Ladakhi Mad-Lad MP is quite the star now, before that speech nobody knew him. Good for him.
1565280483001.png

1565280529741.png

It is true see here: Hodan Nalayeh: Somalia's 'inspirational' journalist, killed in Kismayo - BBC

I don't think its very funny, a person and her family were killed. It's not like she was out there trying to scam people, she died trying to do a good thing. She was just naive and did not take proper precaution (though what do you do when your hotel is stormed by gunmen?). I guess the biggest moral is to try doing the right thing, but don't lose sight of reality and the dangers of your situation.

It is true see here: Hodan Nalayeh: Somalia's 'inspirational' journalist, killed in Kismayo - BBC

I don't think its very funny, a person and her family were killed. It's not like she was out there trying to scam people, she died trying to do a good thing. She was just naive and did not take proper precaution (though what do you do when your hotel is stormed by gunmen?).
She was a native Somalian ? I thought she was an American journalist(the political left vareity), trying to write a puff piece on Ilhan Omar(I do actively dislike her). I put it on the funny thread as there are no other relevant threads for random news, off-topic is India focused.
I guess the biggest moral is to try doing the right thing, but don't lose sight of reality and the dangers of your situation.
Wasn't there a Western couple who "didn't believe" in terrorism and went on a trip around the world to show how love conquers all ? They were killed by ISIS.
I don't mind people doing a good, if a bit idealistic, thing. However I can't fathom how people, especially from the West, are sometimes so naive to the most obvious dangers.

Reactions: Ginvincible
She was a native Somalian ? I thought she was an American journalist(the political left vareity), trying to write a puff piece on Ilhan Omar(I do actively dislike her). I put it on the funny thread as there are no other relevant threads for random news, off-topic is India focused.

Yea I believe she was a naturalized Canadian citizen. She was supportive of Ilhan Omar, but then again they are both from Somalia and I can understand why she would support her. I also understand perspective for those people who do find it funny, but I personally find laughing at the deaths of good people to be distasteful. She was obviously naive and maybe too proud to really consider how dangerous her home country was.... but I don't think she was a bad person.

Wasn't there a Western couple who "didn't believe" in terrorism and went on a trip around the world to show how love conquers all ? They were killed by ISIS.
I don't mind people doing a good, if a bit idealistic, thing. However I can't fathom how people, especially from the West, are sometimes so naive to the most obvious dangers.

Yes that was another tragedy - D.C. Couple Killed In Tajikistan Attack Were Biking Around The World Together - NPR

Again a naive young couple touring a dangerous region with other Westerners... all killed by Islamists.

It is easy to be naive and believe in the best of people. Growing up I had classmates from all over the world and was exposed to many cultures. My neighbors were latino, I had a Somali roomate in college, Iranian researchers in my lab, many European and Asian exchange students, etc. My two best friends were a Saudi guy and an Italian guy, we got into so much trouble together over the years :ROFLMAO:...I would guess this is more or less true for many people in cities or more urbanized areas around the West. The environments we grew up in were peaceful and there was little conflict until now. People here are spoiled and just don't understand how good life is in the West compared to the rest of the world. Too much empathy.

Hopefully someday we can just take our bikes and cycle across the world, meeting people from around the world and experiencing different cultures. I don't know if that day will be in my life or not.

It is easy to be naive and believe in the best of people. Growing up I had classmates from all over the world and was exposed to many cultures. My neighbors were latino, I had a Somali roomate in college, Iranian researchers in my lab, many European and Asian exchange students, etc. My two best friends were a Saudi guy and an Italian guy, we got into so much trouble together over the years :ROFLMAO:...I would guess this is more or less true for many people in cities or more urbanized areas around the West. The environments we grew up in were peaceful and there was little conflict until now. People here are spoiled and just don't understand how good life is in the West compared to the rest of the world. Too much empathy.

Hopefully someday we can just take our bikes and cycle across the world, meeting people from around the world and experiencing different cultures. I don't know if that day will be in my life or not.

At least kids then had idealism. From all over the world.The more the prosperity, the more the hedonism seems to be the mantra, now.

Which is why while I don't quite agree with the vegan or aggressive vegetarianism movement out here, particularly since the BJP has come to power, I appreciate the vegan movement though I'm a pure non vegetarian.

The youth are going to inherit the earth. What the rest can do is ease their way - idealistic mistakes and all.

Hope to see pragmatism.

• Agree
Reactions: Ginvincible