6 laser beams are combined here.
@Gautam @randomradio
IMG_20210722_140158.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Gautam
Any idea about the laser output.
6 laser beams are combined here.
@Gautam @randomradioView attachment 20346
Very interesting specs. What is this from ?

They are using water for cooling. Then the laser must be a Solid State laser. Water cooling is very risky & complicated business for Gas Dynamic lasers. Solid state lasers have an efficiency ~40%. That means 40% of the supplied power is converted to laser, the rest 60% is waste heat.

69kW is heat load of the laser. Assuming total power supplied to the laser source is "x". Then :

69= 60% of x
x= (69*100)/60 = 115kW

Therefore power of laser = 40% of x = (40*115)/100= 46 kW

A 46 kW Solid State Laser is pretty good for many military uses. The scalability of Solid State Lasers makes it very desirable for military applications.

A dehumidifier integrated into the laser cooling system. Interesting.
It seems DRDO assumes the system will see prolonged deployments in very humid environments. May be the LORDS will become a component of coastal security in the future.
Naval use I assume. And I believe it’s the right approach considering that naval vessels do have sufficient power and space for such a power hungry weapon.

Very interesting specs. What is this from ?

They are using water for cooling. Then the laser must be a Solid State laser. Water cooling is very risky & complicated business for Gas Dynamic lasers. Solid state lasers have an efficiency ~40%. That means 40% of the supplied power is converted to laser, the rest 60% is waste heat.

69kW is heat load of the laser. Assuming total power supplied to the laser source is "x". Then :

69= 60% of x
x= (69*100)/60 = 115kW

Therefore power of laser = 40% of x = (40*115)/100= 46 kW

A 46 kW Solid State Laser is pretty good for many military uses. The scalability of Solid State Lasers makes it very desirable for military applications.
From tender I think it's the same 50kw laser system which drdo chief revealed about. And yes it will have ship motion compensation.

• Informative
Reactions: Gautam