Chinese Wuhan Virus Thread

That was nasty and will come with future complications, take care. Your severity index on CT scan report should be above 15 out of 25, mine was 7.
Thank god I didn't required oxygen and my SPO2 was above 95 all the time....
i was discharged today. My diagnosis report show covid 19 pneumonia. they have given me everything they had. told me to isolate myself for next week and take readings of SpO2 saturation level daily. let see what happen. I am feeling well though, no fever cough and oxygen level is hovering around 95%.

i was discharged today. My diagnosis report show covid 19 pneumonia. they have given me everything they had. told me to isolate myself for next week and take readings of SpO2 saturation level daily. let see what happen. I am feeling well though, no fever cough and oxygen level is hovering around 95%.

You are still lucky. With coming second wave, I don't think everyone can get hold of ICU bed and other life saving drugs in time.

P.S: I know remdesivir production is being scaled up and export banned. It will take time for supply to match demand

Limited Sputnik V Doses By April-End In India, 850 Million Doses Annually​

New Delhi:
Russian-made Covid vaccine Sputnik V, the third vaccine to be approved by India, will be manufactured by five pharma firms in the country and 850 million doses are going to be produced annually. However, limited doses are going to be available by the end of April.

India's drug regulator, the Drugs Controller General of India or DCGI, approved the Russian vaccine after it got a green signal by a special committee - the Subject Expert Committee of the Central Drugs Standard Control Organization - on Monday as a lethal second wave sweeps the country. The approval comes as several states flagged a shortage in vaccine.

Manufactured in India by Dr Reddy's, Sputnik V has the highest effectiveness - 91.6 per cent -- after the Moderna and Pfizer shots. The vaccine is already in Phase 3 of clinical trials in India and Dr Reddy's had applied for emergency use approval of the vaccine in February.

In a statement, the Russia's sovereign wealth fund - the RDIF (Russian Direct Investment Fund) - said India is the most populated country where the Russian vaccine has got approval. Total population of 60 countries where Sputnik V is approved for use is 3 billion people or about 40 per cent of the global population.

The RDIF has reached agreements with five pharmaceutical firms in the country - Gland Pharma, Hetero Biopharma, Panacea Biotec, Stelis Biopharma, Virchow Biotech - aimed at production of more than 850 million doses per year.

"We believe that first doses will be delivered by the end of April or may be more realistically early May, but definitely in May India will be receiving the doses. And as you know, we have five great manufacturers in India that will be producing doses as well. But it will take couple of months to really ramp up production capacities. So, we believe by June, we will really be at good production capacity in India and will become a very meaningful player in vaccination programme in India. But before that we will be supplying doses, and will have a much smaller market share," Kirill Dmitriev, CEO of the Russian Direct Investment Fund, told NDTV.

In January, India had cleared two vaccines for emergency use - the Serum Institute of India's Covishield and Bharat Biotech's Covaxin.

The Serum Institute of India, the world's largest manufacturer of vaccines, is looking to tie up with the RDIF for the manufacture of the Sputnik V vaccine at their facilities in Pune.

The Russian vaccine -- along with Pfizer and AstraZeneca -- are the top three most preferred vaccines in the country, where 9 out of 10 respondents said they were ready to postpone their vaccination and wait for a vaccine with a higher efficacy, found an YouGov global survey, according to Kirill Dmitriev.

"India is a vaccine-manufacturing hub and our strategic partner for production of Sputnik V. The RDIF has created partnerships with a number of India's leading pharmaceutical companies for production of Sputnik V which will provide for both vaccination of the population in India and global distribution of the Russian vaccine. Over 850 million doses of Sputnik V are going to be produced in India annually sufficient to vaccinate more than 425 million people around the world," Mr Dmitriev said.

Kirill Dmitriev also claimed that the global poll about vaccine preference revealed that in India, Sputnik is the most recognizable vaccine. While 57 per cent people heard of the Russian vaccine, 55 per cent heard of Pfizer and 44 per cent of AstraZeneca.

"One in three respondents (36 per cent) among those who have made their choice, trusts Russia as a leading vaccine manufacturing country," Mr Dmitriev claimed.

As the production capacity is ramped up "India will be producing 10s and millions of doses every month," he said.

"So we expect the monthly production volumes in India to actually exceed 50 million doses a month in summer. Now to get there we are working on amounts that we will decide only after the final approval comes, because we need to priortise the countries which gave us approvals already. So right now, we will definitely have some doses ready for India market in May but this will not be a huge number, this will be something to get us started but eventually we will go to 50+ million doses a month in India of Sputnik V vaccine," he added.

India has been waiting for new vaccines as 16 of its states record a huge spike in infection. On Monday, the country logged 1,68,912 new Covid cases -- the sixth record rise in seven days. This morning, the country's tally was pushed to 1.36 crore cases with 1.61 lakh fresh infections.

"We are very pleased to obtain the emergency use authorisation for Sputnik V in India," Dr Reddy's Laboratories co-chairman and managing director G.V. Prasad said in a statement.

Current Gen X is hoarding all drugs that they may need, irrespective of wastage. I also remember last year when HCQ went out of stock due to same middle class that now exceeds 300 million. I also secured 1 strip of HCQ under peer pressure.

Let's hope we can produce enough life saving drugs as by now, we pretty much know covid-19 treatment using hit and trials by doctors worldwide.

We are better informed than a year before and that's why treatment should be aggressive.

‘Double mutant’ Covid variant means two mutations together in single virus, that if happened to a lethal virus part like spike protein, which the virus uses to infect a human cell, may make virus more infectious and deadlier. It changes the shape of the virus and help it escape the immune system as antibodies can’t recognize it. E484Q and L452 both are such escape mutations found in the double mutant’. Though less lethal, these mutations are more infectious and highly transmissible.

National Virology Centre, Pune, in genome sequencing analysis of 361 test samples from Maharashtra has found that the coronavirus double mutant was the main reason behind Covid-19 spread. 220 or 61% samples out of 361 samples confirmed presence of coronavirus double mutant or the coronavirus lineage now known as B.1.617.

The new findings add to the previous data about coronavirus double mutant in Maharashtra, the state that is now recording over 50,000 cases daily in the second wave of Covid and carries around half of India’s active caseload burden.

PLease monitor sp02 level every 2 hrs.. If level drops below 92-90 then get yourself admitted immediately..

ok i will narrate my whole covid experience, Which lasted 18 days.

I got covid from my father as i was taking care of him. The day his covid report came positive was the day i got symptoms of covid. I took all precaution yet i to got infected somehow.

It all started with joint and back body pain as i was making food in kitchen for my father, it came from nowhere by evening i got a fever of 100 F and by night it was 103°F+. next day the story continue , fever 100+ continuously even after taking 650mg paracetamol + other medicine. By night it was 102°F +.
my father doctor recommended covid test immediately so the hospital send an ambulance to take my sample on day 3. By nightfall my father oxygen level fell to 85% & he was shifted to hospital.
Same night my temperature touch 105.4 and i started hallucinating .
I took two 650mg paracetamol at 12 mid night , a wet cloth to my head along with a dose of my father covid medicine ( ivermectin etc) and went to sleep. day 4 morning fever 102.3°F .... I couldn't even move from my bed until food guy arrived. by Daytime temperature fell to 100. By evening my covid report came positive and a doctor was assigned to me. a medicine nurse would arrive next day and will provide covid medicine for home isolation he said.
the same night at 3:AM i suddenly wake up and started shaking , it was the worst thing ever , i was so cold and shivering was so bad that my whole body started feeling pain . i never felt something like that before. I immediately started a heater close to my bed for 1 straight hour until shivering stop. Put a thermometer in my mouth. Fever was 104.6 F and SPo2 was 82%. I immediately took a 650mg paracetamol tablet , a water cloth to my head and WhatsApp it to my doctor and went to sleep.
8 in the morning ( day 5 ) the doctor call me to take reading once more and send him screenshots. My fever fell to 101.3 and SPo2 was hovering around 84%.
this was it , doctor told me to pack my bag with essential items as they were going to shift me to hospital. i told him to send ambulance after 12 . My medicine arrived by 9 and i started cleaning and sanitising my house. By evening i was shifted to hospital.

my hospital stay ( 13 days ) was one of the most brutal. i would say life changing event for me. I witness 3 deaths right in front of me , 1 suicide attempt and i almost died at one time. but this story will be big so to be continued....

Last edited: