Brexit and Future of UK : Discussions

D2sq56nXgAA-EpC.jpg

Please don't extend the deadline again.

I'm not sure how these things are done, but we'll give you full marks in the next Eurovision Song Contest if you don't extend the deadline.

At the moment Parliament seems hellbent on achieving a deal that has none of the benefits of being in the EU and none of the benefits of leaving it either.

I wonder if members here recognize how fortunate we are to have a person like BMD in our midst. BMD is like one of those mythical heroes you read in history books. Like, say, the captain of the Titanic. The ship has hit the iceberg and broken into 2 and is on it's way down. Yet the captain has not flinched and is going down with it with a brave look. Kudos to such strength of character!

I wonder if members here recognize how fortunate we are to have a person like BMD in our midst. BMD is like one of those mythical heroes you read in history books. Like, say, the captain of the Titanic. The ship has hit the iceberg and broken into 2 and is on it's way down. Yet the captain has not flinched and is going down with it with a brave look. Kudos to such strength of character!
The captain of the Titanic was a brave man & unlucky but certainly not a fool. @BMD isn't brave nor unlucky but certainly a fool. That explains his nonchalance.

1. We never had any political capital in the EU, it was always a Franco-German dominated institute.
2. It will be a betrayal.

1. We would likely veto further integration.
2. Well Macron said the EU must reform. What reforms have there been since?
3. Good.

Britain's asked the EU to hold off reforms until Brexit is done. Which makes logical sense.

this has sparked the poet in me again to an original composition

BREXVICTUS in honor of @BMD

Out of the night that covers me in Brexit,

Black as the pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of Nigel Farrage

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of Economists and sensible people

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the poverty (and penury),

And yet the menace of the last two years

Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how poor my pay,

How charged with punishments the EU,

I am the master of my fate (kind of),

I am the captain of my soul (sort of).

this has sparked the poet in me again to an original composition

BREXVICTUS in honor of @BMD

Out of the night that covers me in Brexit,

Black as the pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of Nigel Farrage

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of Economists and sensible people

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the poverty (and penury),

And yet the menace of the last two years

Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how poor my pay,

How charged with punishments the EU,

I am the master of my fate (kind of),

I am the captain of my soul (sort of).
Poetry to @BMD is like playing Mozart to a cow.

To begin with, I wasn't wrong in calling you a fool.Let's illustrate why I call you so. To begin with, that's not a cow. It's a bull. See those sacs hanging at the rear. They aren't udders, you fool. They're testicles. You lack them, so you won't recognize then easily.

Secondly, that's not a flute, it's a shehnai - a musical instrument from the woodwind family of such musical instruments accompanied by a percussionist. This isn't an unusual feature in rural / semi urban areas of India where you have such performance artists eking out a living usually accompanied by a show animal which in this case happened to be a bull.

Finally, the bull isn't trampling the man. It's trained to sway when a tune is played while standing on that prostate man.

I'm guessing Some Paddy from Ireland filmed it and gave it his own spin.