Air Battle over Kashmir : MiG-21 Bison shoots down F-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20221106_005841.jpg

Screenshot_20221106_005924.jpg

The US is dumping cold water on India's claim it shot down a Pakistani F-16​

• The US inspected Pakistan's fighter inventory after a February dogfight, in which India claimed that one of its MiG-21 Bison aircraft shot down a Pakistani F-16, and found nothing missing, Foreign Policy reported on Thursday.
  • The report followed others indicating that Indian pilots had missed their targets in the air raid in an embarrassing failure.
  • "As details come out, it looks worse and worse for the Indians," an expert told Foreign Policy.

India proudly claimed that one of its Russian-designed MiG-21 fighters shot down one of Pakistan's US-made F-16s before being downed by a Pakistani missile in a dogfight in February, but a US inventory of Pakistan's fighters found nothing missing, Foreign Policy reported on Thursday, citing two senior US defense officials.

Pakistanis did not waste 5 aim-120s on a single IAF MKI two missiles were used one to shoot down the Mig and the other a long range shot on the MKI. It is the missile that missed the MKI that was recovered and displayed if more missiles were used the IAF would have displayed all of them to make a bigger case against PAF.

Reactions: BMD
We don't even ask others to accept our claim that one of those could be PAF jet. Despite this if one cannot distinguish between 2 different falling jets, one without smoke trail and 2nd with smoke trail, nothing logical can be expected out of the discussion. Regards.
But where is the downed F-16? Not one single Tweet or YT video or picture anywhere. It's very difficult to cover up such a thing in today's media climate. They could just as easily be the same aircraft at different stages of falling and from different angles. I.e. if a plane is moving towards me or away from me whilst falling, then it looks to be falling straight down, especially at distance.

Reactions: LX1111
But where is the downed F-16? Not one single Tweet or YT video or picture anywhere. It's very difficult to cover up such a thing in today's media climate. They could just as easily be the same aircraft at different stages of falling and from different angles. I.e. if a plane is moving towards me or away from me whilst falling, then it looks to be falling straight down, especially at distance.
There are three videos taken and published with different angles, one from Indian administered side of Kashmir village location name Thanamandi east direction , other 2 from Pakistan side of administered Kashmir, 1st in Charhoi and 2nd in Khuiratta. All these videos show the jet falling from the clear sky with white trail of burning smoke. Now we all know from publically available videos of the day from Pakistani side of administered Kashmir that Abhinandan's Mig21 fell down first, without a burning smoke trail, video already shared above.

Then we have locals caught in very first video where he is heard clearly speaking in Urdu (very similar to Hindi) of shooting bullets in the Indian airforce pilot leg/legs with blood spill all over, and extensive beating by the "Baba ji" in one of the videos from Pakistani side of administered Kashmir. Now we all know that wasn't Abhinandan as we could see not only him walking with ease days later but also on active flying duty.

I am not even mentioning the fiasco by DGISPR and Imran Khan statements of capturing more than one IAF pilot and the fact that they specifically refered to one of pilots admited to CMH for life threatening wounds.

Who do you think they guy was, an 👽?

Anyways as we said earlier, someday somewhere stories will be written all over again as is the history of the nation. We have all heard about F16 downing in similar fashion and how conveniently it was omitted from public views.

And so are the Pakistani pilots making counter claims, so are pilots who go to training events and come back with different stories. There are also lots of reasons why missiles can miss, IF that is what happened. Launched out of range, out of parameters.

Where are the F-16's that were shot down? Where is the cockpit footage? Both of you two talk BS.
Where is the cockpit footage? You do realise that Abhinandan's Mig 21 was shot down inside Pakistani side of administered Kashmir that's where the footage is.

The jet which shot down the F16 allegedly was a Mig21 Bison piloted by IAF pilot Abhinandan. After firing the missile, he was himself shot down moments later. As far as I understand cockpit footage is stored in the jet itself unless footage, Snapshot shared transferred over the secure channel. I doubt he had sufficient time to take stock of situation with alarm beeps going off in his cockpit and to transfer the evidence to IAF control. But who knows?

So the first video seems to show an Indian pilot captured by Pakistani Army.

2nd video, what am I even looking at other than it has the same shaped trail as the last, which claims something else.

The only solid evidence is that the IAF pilot was either shot down or crashed.

Some weirdness at a glance. India claims Su-30 presence but their own radar image shows only F-16s and MiG-21s.

And a MiG-21 definitely crashed somehow.
First video shows the capture of Abhinandan and mention of second pilot "Doosara banda" who, they are saying, they shot 2nd guy with gun bullets. Another evidence of more than 1 pilot and 1 jet.

2nd video gives 2 different smoke details, one with smoke trail and 2nd without smoke trail. There are multiple videos of the both jets from not 1 but multiple angles which render the assertion moot that it could be the same jet.

Solid evidence of Jet debris and Abhinandan capture, no evidence could be better than this, that we all agree right from that day.

India's statements have remained the same with whatever evidence IAF shared and we could gather from internet. Not the same case for Pakistan and its establishment which seemed to change their statements frequently and conveniently.

Reactions: Sathya
Where is the cockpit footage? You do realise that Abhinandan's Mig 21 was shot down inside Pakistani side of administered Kashmir that's where the footage is.

The jet which shot down the F16 allegedly was a Mig21 Bison piloted by IAF pilot Abhinandan. After firing the missile, he was himself shot down moments later. As far as I understand cockpit footage is stored in the jet itself unless footage, Snapshot shared transferred over the secure channel. I doubt he had sufficient time to take stock of situation with alarm beeps going off in his cockpit and to transfer the evidence to IAF control. But who knows?
After he arrives back to india, not a single word has come out from his mouth that he had shot down any aircraft.

Since you, because of your superpower pride and @BMD for his Ruski/Indo hatred don't believe our pilots and IAF, then I present to you someone from your side confirming F16 kill. @Tom Cooper, lol:

View attachment 25116

View attachment 25115
@BMD @Innominate

Kudos👏👏👏👏👏👏👏 to both of you to completely bypass my post where I quoted your guy @Tom Cooper who accepted F16 loss.

Guess it's too hard for your Western pride to accept that our brave pilot in a Mig 21 shot down your western fighter paragon F16😎

After he arrives back to india, not a single word has come out from his mouth that he had shot down any aircraft.
Not true. And I believe it will not come out of his mouth publically till Official secrets act apply on him.

Not true. And I believe it will not come out of his mouth publically till Official secrets act apply on him.
Man if IAF can allow Minty agarwal to come infront of camera & give 23 minut interview, IAF definitely can allow its alleged star of 2019 Abhinandan to come infront of camera.

Man if IAF can allow Minty agarwal to come infront of camera & give 23 minut interview, IAF definitely can allow its alleged star of 2019 Abhinandan to come infront of camera.

That's a valid question. However both were preview to different set of confidential information I understand hence difficult to compare from civilian view point. My uncle who heads a static military installation and brother who takes part in active ops rarely (both in NE sector), don't face same level of official secrecy due to their field of work, similar story with my ex-teacher who works in major air force station in western sector.

@BMD @Innominate

Kudos👏👏👏👏👏👏👏 to both of you to completely bypass my post where I quoted your guy @Tom Cooper who accepted F16 loss.

Guess it's too hard for your Western pride to accept that our brave pilot in a Mig 21 shot down your western fighter paragon F16😎
Lol. Tom Cooper from f16dotnet who overheard from unnamed sources. :rolleyes:

I could care less if India shot down a PAF Viper but unfortunately for India it isn't true and you're just going to have to deal with it... or believe the lie what do I care. Seems many Indians in here are comfortable living in denial anyways. (Ukraine war).

Lol. Tom Cooper from f16dotnet who overheard from unnamed sources. :rolleyes:

I could care less if India shot down a PAF Viper but unfortunately for India it isn't true and you're just going to have to deal with it... or believe the lie what do I care. Seems many Indians in here are comfortable living in denial anyways. (Ukraine war).
Ok. Is there a conclusive proof that F-16 is not shot down?

If F-16 is not shot-down, then Pak can have credible journalists (including a couple of leftists from India) take a count of all their F-16s, that will give credible ammunition to our (i.e. Indian) opposition parties, and an egg in the face of Modi govt for giving highest medal for Abhinandan (for his bravery shooting down an F-16).

Pak really hate Modi, why are they not doing it?

That's a valid question. However both were preview to different set of confidential information I understand hence difficult to compare from civilian view point. My uncle who heads a static military installation and brother who takes part in active ops rarely (both in NE sector), don't face same level of official secrecy due to their field of work, similar story with my ex-teacher who works in major air force station in western sector.
My funda is
1) India had definitely hit the target inside Balakot on feb 26 2019, The pakistani hesitant to open the site for full long month to outsiders is sufficient for my assumption.
2) On feb 27,PAF's strategy they choose is a brilliant one.
3)They shoot down an IAF fighter for sure.
4)Our alleged super fighter MKI was not able to do much. I dont care about its altitude
5) They successfully droped the payload inside Indian military complex, its an act of war.
6) Our media, political leadership portrayed feb 26 & feb 27 is a grand success for India.
7)Modi reiterate his position as a machoman and was busy in attending election rallies.
8) In international community sees feb 27 is victory for Pakistan, for obvious reasons.
9) Lastly i dont buy IAF/GOI claims of F16 getting obliterated by Mig21.
10)IK managed spread an image (a fake image) as more mature politician.

Ok. Is there a conclusive proof that F-16 is not shot down?

If F-16 is not shot-down, then Pak can have credible journalists (including a couple of leftists from India) take a count of all their F-16s, that will give credible ammunition to our (i.e. Indian) opposition parties, and an egg in the face of Modi govt for giving highest medal for Abhinandan (for his bravery shooting down an F-16).

Pak really hate Modi, why are they not doing it?
Uh yeah have you not been paying attention to this thread?

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Pakistan’s F-16 combat jets have all been accounted for, U.S.-based Foreign Policy magazine said, citing U.S. officials, contradicting an Indian air force assessment that it had shot down one of the jets in February.

India and Pakistan engaged in an aerial battle over the disputed region of Kashmir a day after Indian jets crossed over into Pakistan to attack a suspected camp of anti-India militants.

An Indian jet was brought down during the fight and its pilot captured when he ejected on the Pakistani side of the border. India said it, too, had shot down a Pakistani aircraft and the air force displayed pieces of a missile that it said had been fired by a Pakistani F-16 before it went down.

Foreign Policy said in a report published on Thursday two U.S. defence officials with direct knowledge of the matter said U.S. personnel had done a count of Pakistan’s F-16s and found none missing.

The F-16s are made by Lockheed Martin and, under an end-user agreement, the United States required the host country to allow for regular inspections to ensure they were accounted for and protected, Foreign Policy said.

Details of the India-Pakistan air engagement have not been fully provided by either side. If the U.S. report turns out to be true, it would be a further blow to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who had said that India had taught Pakistan a lesson.

“Truth always prevails,” Pakistan’s army spokesman said in a Tweet. “Time for India to speak truth about false claims & actual losses on their side.”

Elections were couple weeks away and Modi needed some type of win. Anyways the proof is on India since they are the ones making the claims and have failed miserably.

Remember when they said more debris of the supposed 4-5 aim-120s fired would be displayed? So what happened?

I'm still waiting.

Remember when they said more debris of the supposed 4-5 aim-120s fired would be displayed? So what happened?

I'm still waiting.
Nobody in official capacity said we will display 4-5 AMRAAMs debris. That's an outright lie & fallacy. Finding all AMRAAMs debris was nearly impossible due to rough geography. Finding one in short time was more of a luck, not denying the efforts of search parties.

I just see people from western world spreading so much disinformation of that magnitude, when it suits them, is beyond logical reasoning.

Uh yeah have you not been paying attention to this thread?

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Pakistan’s F-16 combat jets have all been accounted for, U.S.-based Foreign Policy magazine said, citing U.S. officials, contradicting an Indian air force assessment that it had shot down one of the jets in February.

India and Pakistan engaged in an aerial battle over the disputed region of Kashmir a day after Indian jets crossed over into Pakistan to attack a suspected camp of anti-India militants.

An Indian jet was brought down during the fight and its pilot captured when he ejected on the Pakistani side of the border. India said it, too, had shot down a Pakistani aircraft and the air force displayed pieces of a missile that it said had been fired by a Pakistani F-16 before it went down.

Foreign Policy said in a report published on Thursday two U.S. defence officials with direct knowledge of the matter said U.S. personnel had done a count of Pakistan’s F-16s and found none missing.

The F-16s are made by Lockheed Martin and, under an end-user agreement, the United States required the host country to allow for regular inspections to ensure they were accounted for and protected, Foreign Policy said.

Details of the India-Pakistan air engagement have not been fully provided by either side. If the U.S. report turns out to be true, it would be a further blow to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who had said that India had taught Pakistan a lesson.

“Truth always prevails,” Pakistan’s army spokesman said in a Tweet. “Time for India to speak truth about false claims & actual losses on their side.”

Elections were couple weeks away and Modi needed some type of win. Anyways the proof is on India since they are the ones making the claims and have failed miserably.
US DOD has categorically stated, they are not aware of any such physical count and they have neither accepted or not rejected the Foreign policy news article. You didn't pay attention while posting the news article where it makes claims without any official confirmation on record. Bulk of such reports are printed day in day out without any official confirmation. Take it with a bucket load of salt.

Reactions: Paro
Status
Not open for further replies.