Agni & Prithvi Ballistic Missiles : News & Discussions

Is there any missile with name 'Agni-2P' under development?

I came across an image of TEL having 5 set of wheels but Agni-1P has 4 set of wheels.

Reactions: marich01
Post karo
20221123_015146.jpg

Reactions: Chain Smoker
Is there any missile with name 'Agni-2P' under development?

I came across an image of TEL having 5 set of wheels but Agni-1P has 4 set of wheels.
I remember once Indranil da discussed about it. I spotted the tweet as I was searching for the Agni 3 test just now, so very coincidental I found that tweet, please check the reply tweet also below sir!

My thought: Agni 2P is a tech-feed prog. With a length of ~20 mtrs, its road mobility is limited. Instead a K4 based missile (with a new nose cone) will be the mainstay for the 2000-3500 km delivery. It's 13 mtrs long, already canisterized and a common base for ASAT, K4 missiles.

Reactions: Chain Smoker
If the issue at Yangtze is causing India to launch Agni 5, escalate the matter in media, release a video footage then I am very sure that its not just the issue of one LAC event. Chinese are definitely up to something which government is monitoring.

If the issue at Yangtze is causing India to launch Agni 5, escalate the matter in media, release a video footage then I am very sure that its not just the issue of one LAC event. Chinese are definitely up to something which government is monitoring.
Its more like the opposite, this launch was notified on 28/29th November, then on 8th December the Arunachal Pradesh wide IAF exercise was published. The clash happened on 9th Dec. Join the dots. Was too much to handle for them perhaps.

This says it flew over Mizoram? That's near China .. are you sure this is Agni 5? Which direction did they fire?
Seen from there I think, given the trajectory is pretty high, definitely very lofted you can see given its seen at the same time from the entire eastern India. So what we are seeing is something in space or very high up that can be seen from a large area. This is the reason why they mention range can be extended if needed.

• Agree
Reactions: RISING SUN