India–United Kingdom relations : Updates

Singh received his own reward shortly after.

You shot yourselves because an Irish man told you to. Who's stupid now eh Paddy?:D
You don't read, that's your problem. Or maybe you do, but you being you, require spoonfeeding due to poor comprehension .Thanks to an exclusive potato diet, once upon a time.

Did I say O'Dwyer ordered the soldiers to shoot at unarmed civilians, Paddy? Still down with last night's hangover? Now repeat after me. S-L-O-W-L-Y

MICHAEL O'DWYER WAS THE GOVERNOR OF THE PUNJAB DURING WHOSE TENURE THE JALIANWALA BAGH MASSACRE OCCURRED. BRIG REGINALD DYER WAS THE COMMANDING OFFICER WHO GAVE THE ORDER TO SHOOT UNARMED CIVILIANS.

O'DWYER PUBLICALLY SUPPORTED DYER'S DECISION AND FELICITATED HIM FOR WHICH HE DULY GOT DISPATCHED BY UDHAM SINGH IN 1941 MORE THAN 21 YEARS AFTER THE INCIDENT, & WHO WAS HANGED TILL DEATH, DECLARED A MARTYR & WHO'S STILL REMEMBERED & COMMEMORATED IN INDIA & PAKISTAN TOO TO A LESSER EXTENT.

how many of you remember O'Dwyer & Dyer?

DON'T DRINK & TYPE O'Flaherty. PLEASE DONT. FOR OUR SAKES.

You don't read, that's your problem. Or maybe you do, but you being you, require spoonfeeding due to poor comprehension .Thanks to an exclusive potato diet, once upon a time.

Did I say O'Dwyer ordered the soldiers to shoot at unarmed civilians, Paddy? Still down with last night's hangover? Now repeat after me. S-L-O-W-L-Y

MICHAEL O'DWYER WAS THE GOVERNOR OF THE PUNJAB DURING WHOSE TENURE THE JALIANWALA BAGH MASSACRE OCCURRED. BRIG REGINALD DYER WAS THE COMMANDING OFFICER WHO GAVE THE ORDER TO SHOOT UNARMED CIVILIANS.

O'DWYER PUBLICALLY SUPPORTED DYER'S DECISION AND FELICITATED HIM FOR WHICH HE DULY GOT DISPATCHED BY UDHAM SINGH IN 1941 MORE THAN 21 YEARS AFTER THE INCIDENT, & WHO WAS HANGED TILL DEATH, DECLARED A MARTYR & WHO'S STILL REMEMBERED & COMMEMORATED IN INDIA & PAKISTAN TOO TO A LESSER EXTENT.

how many of you remember O'Dwyer & Dyer?

DON'T DRINK & TYPE O'Flaherty. PLEASE DONT. FOR OUR SAKES.
You still shot yourselves and then blamed the British for it.

Who gives a rat's ar5e if you declared him a martyr? Even ISIS declares its fallen as martyrs.

What's that ?
Single Vehicle Approval tests. All cars not produced in the UK can be treated as grey imports, which means they have to go through these tests. There aren't that many testing stations and they won't be able to cope with the volume, so the supply of EU cars onto the UK market will slow down from 2.5m/year to a trickle, allowing UK-based manufactures to replace them.

Wheels are Round, Drives on Left side of the road most likely :p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
EU might just take them to WTO court as Non Tariff Barriers.
The WTO does not cover NTBs based on safety and regulations, and the EU wouldn't want to do that because it uses NTBs more than anybody to block external access to the EU market.

Besides SVA tests have been present for Japanese grey imports for a long time.

• Informative
Reactions: Gautam
The WTO does not cover NTBs based on safety and regulations, and the EU wouldn't want to do that because it uses NTBs more than anybody to block external access to the EU market.

Besides SVA tests have been present for Japanese grey imports for a long time.
Well very well, if everyone wont be able to sell cars in UK due to safety and regulations blockage due to lack of manpower, then well we can always sell the British Jaguars & Land Rovers, British still consider them their own, even though Indian companies own them.

Well very well, if everyone wont be able to sell cars in UK due to safety and regulations blockage due to lack of manpower, then well we can always sell the British Jaguars & Land Rovers, British still consider them their own, even though Indian companies own them.
They're made in the UK though, so more UK jobs and higher UK GDP. EU car manufacturers will be free to do the same if they move manufacturing to the UK. 2.5m cars come in at present and only 800k go out.

This is what I mean when I talk of the opportunities in a no deal, because we are the net importers. This is unfortunately when the EU will keep granting extensions even though they don't want to. They are scared underneath it all, and if we had a PM with some backbone like Thatcher, they would exploit this.

They're made in the UK though, so more UK jobs and higher UK GDP. EU car manufacturers will be free to do the same if they move manufacturing to the UK. 2.5m cars come in at present and only 800k go out.
So you are saying UK is looking for jobs on the economic front, from the Brexit. Was that the primary reason for the Brexit ? I mean sure there will be companies setting up production lines in the UK to serve the local market, but what about the companies that set up shop in UK to serve the broader EU market including the UK. Those companies would now need another entry point to EU market and also need maintain the facilities in the UK for UK market. Isn't that going to scare business away, given that the EU has a larger market ?
This is what I mean when I talk of the opportunities in a no deal, because we are the net importers.
What kind of deal is the EU giving UK anyway in terms of market access and labour movement ? and what does this "no deal" situation bring in terms of market access, labour movement and border management.

You know, I am no economist but from an Indian point of view, UK with no free market access to the EU and vice versa isn't half-bad an idea. I mean we could get a FTA with UK by opening up our services(finance, insurance, accountancy, legal consultancy and education) and Liquor(Scotland, apparently is demanding it) markets in return for labour(IT), pharmaceuticals and engineering exports etc. from UK. Previously we would be bombarded by Germany/France in engineering exports if we got a FTA with EU and ofcourse they have non-tariff barriers for pharmaceuticals and farm products, a rather unfair situation. UK with out free access to EU would have no such issues and is also likely to be more lenient with non-tariff barriers. This way the UK gets to straighten up their trade imbalance with us and we get to strengthen our exports. Again, I am no expert but it doesn't look bad to me.

So you are saying UK is looking for jobs on the economic front, from the Brexit. Was that the primary reason for the Brexit ? I mean sure there will be companies setting up production lines in the UK to serve the local market, but what about the companies that set up shop in UK to serve the broader EU market including the UK. Those companies would now need another entry point to EU market and also need maintain the facilities in the UK for UK market. Isn't that going to scare business away, given that the EU has a larger market ?
We only export 800,000 cars per year to the EU but we import 2,500,000 from the EU, so the net gain is in the UK market.

What kind of deal is the EU giving UK anyway in terms of market access and labour movement ? and what does this "no deal" situation bring in terms of market access, labour movement and border management.
The bottom line is that we don't really care because we are the net importers. There is more to replace here than to lose over there. Basically a large part of the exports we did have going to the EU were services, but those are blocked under any future trade deal anyway, which makes any deal a bit pointless, especially if we have to make huge concessions as regards cash and NI. We're not signing a trade deal just to protect EU goods exports to the UK.

You know, I am no economist but from an Indian point of view, UK with no free market access to the EU and vice versa isn't half-bad an idea. I mean we could get a FTA with UK by opening up our services(finance, insurance, accountancy, legal consultancy and education) and Liquor(Scotland, apparently is demanding it) markets in return for labour(IT), pharmaceuticals and engineering exports etc. from UK. Previously we would be bombarded by Germany/France in engineering exports if we got a FTA with EU and ofcourse they have non-tariff barriers for pharmaceuticals and farm products, a rather unfair situation. UK with out free access to EU would have no such issues and is also likely to be more lenient with non-tariff barriers. This way the UK gets to straighten up their trade imbalance with us and we get to strengthen our exports. Again, I am no expert but it doesn't look bad to me.
It's something that could be looked at and of course that would encourage French and German countries to base manufacturing in the UK to get access to India.

• Informative
It's something that could be looked at and of course that would encourage French and German countries to base manufacturing in the UK to get access to India.
I remember reading about something like this a year or so back. I can't seem to remember where, sorry. The writer had the same conclusion as you in case UK manages to get a trade deal with us early or at least before the EU. Should the opposite become true, there is a strong possibility of migration of UK companies to EU states to gain preferential access to Indian market.
This brings me back to my original point where I said Brexit didn't seem like a bad idea at all from India's point of view. Whether we like to admit it or not we need to grow our economy and we need market access. EU including the UK is our largest trading partner, but getting more preferential market access to EU including UK would need us to trade an arm and a leg. However, an internal bickering with in the EU and a breakup like the Brexit proposes presents an interesting situation. Now both sides have a lot to gain by getting an early deal with India and a lot to lose other wise, this provides us with more leverage than we previously had. Of course all this is meaningless if we fail to get any deal at all or we get a India-ROK FTA like deal where they seem to gain everything and we seem to lose everything.
We have to keep in mind what both sides really want. Both UK and EU want increased volumes of trade where as India wants increased value of trade.

I remember reading about something like this a year or so back. I can't seem to remember where, sorry. The writer had the same conclusion as you in case UK manages to get a trade deal with us early or at least before the EU. Should the opposite become true, there is a strong possibility of migration of UK companies to EU states to gain preferential access to Indian market.
This brings me back to my original point where I said Brexit didn't seem like a bad idea at all from India's point of view. Whether we like to admit it or not we need to grow our economy and we need market access. EU including the UK is our largest trading partner, but getting more preferential market access to EU including UK would need us to trade an arm and a leg. However, an internal bickering with in the EU and a breakup like the Brexit proposes presents an interesting situation. Now both sides have a lot to gain by getting an early deal with India and a lot to lose other wise, this provides us with more leverage than we previously had. Of course all this is meaningless if we fail to get any deal at all or we get a India-ROK FTA like deal where they seem to gain everything and we seem to lose everything.
We have to keep in mind what both sides really want. Both UK and EU want increased volumes of trade where as India wants increased value of trade.
Well you won't have as much to lose or gain with the smaller UK market. A bilateral trade deal between two economies with similar nominal GDP is always easier. The EU will never give you a competitive trade deal, they only ever offer trade deals where they will be the net exporter by a huge margin.

• Agree
British soil used for jihadist activities

Until 2008, there had been at least 200 indigenous active terrorist cells being monitored by the Security Service MI5 and MI6 with 4,000 British Muslims considered as a threat to national security. But the bone-chilling information had appeared in the Daily Mail in March this year. The newspaper said, a secret government report has warned that more than 3,000 British children are being taken to Pakistan each year and enrolled in extremist summer schools. The Home Office study says courses at Koranic madrassas teach a ‘glorified version of jihad’. Officials fear some youngsters will be radicalized and return to the United Kingdom with a warped ideology and pose a terrorism risk.

Two of the 7/7 bombers, Mohammad Sidique Khan and Shehzad Tanweer, enrolled on madrassa courses in Pakistan a year before they launched their deadly attack in 2005, which killed 52 people. But the security services in Britain has established that some Pakistani parents take their children back to their native homeland during summer holidays under the pretext of visiting extended family. In reality, they sign up for lessons at some of Pakistan’s estimated 20,000 madrassas.

The report says some of those madrasas receive funds raised in Britain and that UK-based imams have established seminaries in their ancestral homeland.

It identifies three madrasas of concern – the Darul Uloom Haqqania (DUH) madrassa in the remote Khyber Pakhtunkhwa region bordering Afghanistan; the Jamia Binoria in Karachi and Jamiatul Uloom Ul Islamia in pakistan occupied Kashmir.

Each has denied involvement in extremism. The DUH madrasa has previously been labelled the 'University of Jihad' because former students include Asim Umar, an Al Qaeda leader, and it awarded an honorary doctorate to the former Taliban leader Mullah Omar.

There are also fears that British taxpayers may have inadvertently provided it with funds.

The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government, which controversially handed a £2.2 million grant to the madrasa in 2016, will have received £283 million from Britain to help boost education when a ten-year project ends in 2020.

How about home-grown jihadists in Britain?

According to information, nine-eight percent of the Muslims living in United Kingdom do send their children to local madrassas, which are mostly run by the community councils and mosques. A survey showed, over fifty percent of the males and females of Bangladesh origin, who either live in Britain or had migrated from some of the European nations have already been radicalized. These Muslims though are using Britain as a great place of better earning, they consider non-Muslim Britons, particularly Jews and Christians as their enemies. Some of the Muslim men and women are even engaged into ‘love jihad’, who actually trap the other sex through romantic pretention with the goal of getting them converted into Islam.

Since 2009, a Bangladeshi family has been living in United Kingdom and is almost openly continuing jihadist and illegal activities. Md. Shahid Uddin Khan (Army No: BA002428, Course: 8-BMA, Commission Date: 10-06-1983) and his wife and daughter currently are continuing activities sitting in United Kingdom. On January 17, 2019, Dhaka residence of Md. Shahid Uddin Khan was raided by the members of the Counter Terrorism and Transnational Crime (CTTC) unit of Bangladesh Police.

CTTC, based on secret information, raided House No. 184, Road No. 2, Baridhara DOHS in Dhaka, Bangladesh on January 17, 2019. This house is owned by Md. Shahid Uddin Khan and was allegedly used as a warehouse for arms, explosives and propaganda materials of Islamic State (ISIS). During the raid, large volume of weapons, detonator, counterfeit Bangladesh currency notes and jihadist materials of ISIS were recovered by the CTTC unit.

Following this recovery, three separate cases against ISIS-funder Md. Shahid Uddin Khan, his wife Farjana Anjum, daughters and other accomplices were lodged. The cases are: Cantonment PS, Case no 10, Section-6(2)/7/11/12 of Anti-Terrorism Act 2009 (amendment 2013); Cantonment PS, Case no 11, Section-25-A, Special Power Act 1974; and Cantonment PS, Case no 12, Section-19-A of Arms Act 1878.

In 2009, he invested two million pounds in the United Kingdom in exchange of obtaining immigrant status under Visa Tier 1, vide VAF No. 511702. Later the family had laundered an unknown amount of money and brought that into the United Kingdom.

Sitting in Britain, Md. Shahid Uddin Khan and his family are not only funding Islamic State (ISIS), but they also are helping other jihadist outfits such as Hamas.

Main culprit who funded Sri Lanka jihadist attacks:

According to media reports, four months before the Sri Lanka attacks, ISIS funder Md. Shahid Uddin Khan had sent large amount of money to his Colombo-based jihadist contact via Dubai. Khan has been living in the United Kingdom for last few years along with his family. Sitting in Britain, Khans are continuing various forms of jihadist activities. Recently he has established an organization named ‘Astha’ which aims at unseating democratically elected governments in the world and replace those with Caliphate. By now, Md. Shahid Uddin Khan already has expanded his activities in Sweden and the United States through two of his recruits.

According to documents available with various intelligence agencies in Bangladesh, Md. Shahid Uddin Khan hails from a radical Muslim family while his wife Farjana Anjum too hails from a similar family background. This couple’s daughters though are living and being educated in Britain is notoriously radicalized and is working as lone wolves. They have been targeting various individuals and trying to convert them into Islam.

In January this year, Md. Shahid Uddin Khan used illegal channel in transferring an amount equivalent to ninety-two thousand dollars. This amount went from Dubai to Colombo. It may be mentioned here that, last year this newspaper published several reports exposing a secret conspiracy by a conglomerate of several jihadist outfits of staging terrorist attacks in a number of South Asian nations.

British soil used for jihadist activities | Asian Tribune

So basically everything that our intelligence said was happening in UK through out the years was true, if not worse. Their authorities know about it and more or less choose to do nothing. Wonderful, bloody wonderful. And Canada seems to be following UK's footsteps.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: BMD