ADA AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft

On what basis amca is generation ahead.
There 'is' no LCA MK2 or AMCA today. So it can't be ahead of anything. But what we've planned for LCA MK2 is very high level of sensor fusion and avionics like Rafale. So Random is correct here.

AMCA 'will have' everything F-35(or future derivatives) has got and more. Hell its airframe is going to be more advance than F-35. Just for example, we're going to put DIRCM on it. But nothing like that exists or will exist on F-35.

I think some of us are really doubting the advancements in avionics that our scientists have made. Just develop our own aero engine and our own indigenous military aviation industry is 100% ready.

Desi Jet engine still remains our biggest hurdle.

Even LCA is also capable of doing EA from radar.

LCA doesn't need that. Some of the F-35 and Rafale's capabilities are not suitable for the LCA, mainly to do with the difference in electrical power.

LCA's radar and EW suite will be technically superior to what's on the F-35 and Rafale today because these two jets are already a decade-plus old. For example, the LCA's IRST will be QWIP and dual channel, which is lacking on the F-35 and Rafale. LCA Mk2's MAWS is also DC+IIR. And DRDO says they have surpassed the Rafale's radar, while Picdel says the Rafale's radar is superior to the one on the F-35 'cause both have similar performance even though the F-35's radar is 65% bigger. The F-35 probably needs some computing and software updates to achieve peak performance, like TR3. LCA should get a GaN-based EW suite, which will naturally make it better than the existing lot. In terms of computing, all three should end up on par with each other 'cause they all use the IMA design.

But the F-35's new upgrades and Rafale F5 will easily match/surpass the LCA Mk2's avionics by 2030, especially with the use of a multifunction GaN-based radar and the fact that both jets have twice the electrical power. I'm hoping the second batch of LCAs (118-201) will allow us to catch up using AMCA tech. We will probably get a GaN-based radar by 2024-25 or so, so we have to wait and watch on that front. In case it's successful, we can use it on both MKI and LCA. Although I don't believe ADA is planning on introducing the more advanced secondary functions on LCA Mk2, like EA and communications, the GaN upgrade will merely be a replacement for GaAs for better efficiency.

Apart from having some hardware superiority versus the currently operational versions of the Rafale and F-35, the LCA will also have all the software goodies, like active stealth, MUM-T and AI-based sensor fusion, all supported by a high-speed patrol link.

In-flight Route Replanning and Survivability Analysis for a Fighter Aircraft

The present-day fighter pilot is desired to have maximum awareness of his surroundings despite the excessive
workload in a highly dynamic environment. So, it is necessary to
provide him decision aiding tools that can help him perform the tasks without compromising on his mission. In-flight Route Replanning under High threat Air defence system is one such aid
as part of the Decision Support System (DSS) that assists the pilot
in evaluating the flight plan routes.

Attachments

• ADA.pdf
    267.6 KB · Views: 108
Traditionally, the hinged door configuration with actuators is used which protrudes outside, thus experiencing the drag force. In the present study, an innovative sliding door operating mechanism is devised such that doors slide within the internal weapon bay and are minimally exposed outside.
images.png

images (1).png

There's something fishy . The AMCA Mk-1 is on the verge of completing it's CDR post which it goes to the Cabinet for funds after which the first prototype would be ready in 3 yrs which is say 2026-27 . Taxi trials should last a yr making it 2028. It should achieve first flight by 2028 . Where's the question of 7 yrs for first flight i.e 2030 ?

Jai ho aircraft has became obsolete even before it's first flight. Still there is no certainty in first flight, sanction & induction. With every passing day dates are slipping ,another case study of how not to develop a aircraft.
IAF , DRDO , HAL and MoD are still not on a single table. That's why.

There's something fishy . The AMCA Mk-1 is on the verge of completing it's CDR post which it goes to the Cabinet for funds after which the first prototype would be ready in 3 yrs which is say 2026-27 . Taxi trials should last a yr making it 2028. It should achieve first flight by 2028 . Where's the question of 7 yrs for first flight i.e 2030 ?
Even HVT said that HLFT-42 will get its 1st flight in 2030 around the time when AMCA gets its 1st flight.

And I have told you that everyone tries to picture roses. South Korea pumped in 1 billion dollars each year from 2010 to 2020 without even a prototype for the KAI KFX.

It takes time. We are seeing only the 2020 to 2023 part where they are moving so quickly. We miss the 10 years, 10 billion USD spent.

I am telling you. AMCA will take as long as it took Eurofighter.

IAF , DRDO , HAL and MoD are still not on a single table. That's why.
Is there anything which we can't *censored* up.

IAF- always on import mode.
Drdo always on sleeping mode
HAL- they are corporate and have no say in ADA programs so dont blame them.
MOD- always on election mode.

Is there anything which we can't *censored* up.

IAF- always on import mode.
Drdo always on sleeping mode
HAL- they are corporate and have no say in ADA programs so dont blame them.
MOD- always on election mode.
We have been unable to buy new/modern BPJs and Helmets for even 25% of our troops since 2014. What do you think.

Few months back, I think it was Navratri...maybe slightly before that. There was an article that "Jawans to get BPJs capable to stop even sniper rounds"

Print media, news channels and Gaurav Arya everyone praised on wow what a huge thing is happening. Wah Modi ji wah. Kya scene hai and stuff.

But no is thinking that we have 12 lakh men and since 2014 we have placed orders for maybe 2 lakh new BPJs and and we are celebrating RFIs for 50k more...

All show no work for me.

Even HVT said that HLFT-42 will get its 1st flight in 2030 around the time when AMCA gets its 1st flight.

And I have told you that everyone tries to picture roses. South Korea pumped in 1 billion dollars each year from 2010 to 2020 without even a prototype for the KAI KFX.

It takes time. We are seeing only the 2020 to 2023 part where they are moving so quickly. We miss the 10 years, 10 billion USD spent.

I am telling you. AMCA will take as long as it took Eurofighter.
I'm fine with AMCA Mk-2 being a bit late as in the definitive model being inducted by 2040-42 T/L given the complexity in technologies to be realised but that's not exactly the case with the Mk-1 .

Granted it'd have certain unique features like IWB , geometric shaping , full CC body , special RAM coating etc but is that reason for a delay of 3-4 yrs & that too it's being announced today in 2023 ? Wonder what happens as we go ahead .

Reactions: Abheer
I'm fine with AMCA Mk-2 being a bit late as in the definitive model being inducted by 2040-42 T/L given the complexity in technologies to be realised but that's not exactly the case with the Mk-1 .

Granted it'd have certain unique features like IWB , geometric shaping , full CC body , special RAM coating etc but is that reason for a delay of 3-4 yrs & that too it's being announced today in 2023 ? Wonder what happens as we go ahead .
The most modern development. The Gripen E. Even that took 7 years of flight testing if I am not wrong. And SAAB has been making fighter jets for like 5 decades and Gripen was already a proven platform.

There is no reason to believe that development cycles can be so compressed without any major investment in money and time already.

If we had for like 5 years back put 2-3 billions on R&D activities and setting up testing infrastructure, then probably yes. But even 2033 is not realistic according to me.

But let's see.

Reactions: Abheer