Agni & Prithvi Ballistic Missiles : News & Discussions

FkBeyYAWIAASglJ

FkBst78WIAABl72

FkBst6-WYAAp1ng

This is a great visual

Last edited:
Seen from there I think, given the trajectory is pretty high, definitely very lofted you can see given its seen at the same time from the entire eastern India. So what we are seeing is something in space or very high up that can be seen from a large area. This is the reason why they mention range can be extended if needed.

There are only three possibilities for such a view from Aizwal.

1. Fired from a submarine near Kolkata

2. Fired towards east all over Thailand, Combodia and splashed in Pacific.

3. Not Agni 5

There are only three possibilities for such a view from Aizwal.

1. Fired from a submarine near Kolkata

2. Fired towards east all over Thailand, Combodia and splashed in Pacific.

3. Not Agni 5
First option is correct, except for testing done from Abul Kalam island from where such tests are done, instead of a submarine. They do it from the island just offshore as if you launch from land , at least 50 sq km area nearby starts trembling , the ground literally shakes due to massive liftoff force. Agni 3 tested recently , such experience happened.

• Informative
Reactions: RISING SUN
Seen from there I think, given the trajectory is pretty high, definitely very lofted you can see given its seen at the same time from the entire eastern India. So what we are seeing is something in space or very high up that can be seen from a large area. This is the reason why they mention range can be extended if needed.
If earlier Agni-5's max range was 8000km in compressed trajectory with light payload, now that seemingly they have reduced more weight, could it reach 10,000kms?

It would be awesome if we've the capability to strike any part of the world with Agni-5.

Reactions: marich01
First option is correct, except for testing done from Abul Kalam island from where such tests are done, instead of a submarine. They do it from the island just offshore as if you launch from land , at least 50 sq km area nearby starts trembling , the ground literally shakes due to massive liftoff force. Agni 3 tested recently , such experience happened.

No it has been fired from much closer to Myanmar coastal areas. Or Fired from Kalam island towards Andeman sea instead of normal testing towards southern hemisphere.

Reactions: marich01
If earlier Agni-5's max range was 8000km in compressed trajectory with light payload, now that seemingly they have reduced more weight, could it reach 10,000kms?

It would be awesome if we've the capability to strike any part of the world with Agni-5.
No idea, we can only guess ourselves. Officially it will always be capped at under 5500km probably. New tech of BGRV/MIRV the priority now. We definitely have good energy material now that even low altitude Shaurya can fly hypersonic so new ordeal must be on capability enhancement, ie multi-payload delivery over long range. Would love to know CEP, must be very low now compared to before.
No it has been fired from much closer to Myanmar coastal areas. Or Fired from Kalam island towards Andeman sea instead of normal testing towards southern hemisphere.
Can not tell that myself, did not see when it went off :D
Most reports say its from wheeler Island, from where the notam was.
First phase it seems :love:

Come on guys , can't you tell a photoshop job when you see one . Since when does India test it's BMs or any missiles flying over cities ? Look the backgrounds of some of those pics. It's flying over built up areas .
It is not photoshop I saw it from my home too, timing also the same for everything, 5:48 - 5:50pm. Check youtube & search light sky for the past hour or today & you will see, its also shown in news. Can be the missile or a meteor (unlikely but there is some meteor shower going on apparently).

A very simple example, you can see K2 peak of the Himalayas from certain part of Bangladesh too at specific time of the year, now imagine this is a missile that went up 100s of km. What would you see?

It is not photoshop I saw it from my home too, timing also the same for everything, 5:48 - 5:50pm. Check youtube & search light sky for the past hour or today & you will see, its also shown in news. Can be the missile or a meteor (unlikely but there is some meteor shower going on apparently).
Then it has to be a meteor shower. India or no nation for that matter except Paxtan & China risks testing missiles flying overland over built up areas.

• Haha
Reactions: Innominate
When I wrote India doesn't as a policy test missiles overland it doesn't matter if it's exo or endo atmosphere. The rule stays .

You mean the Chinese. They're upto some mischief
I fear one thing. If indeed this is A5 , then A5 might not have reached its intended target area.

I am no expert but 500+km altitude will be needed right? And looking ar these pics....

When I wrote India doesn't as a policy test missiles overland it doesn't matter if it's exo or endo atmosphere. The rule stays .

You mean the Chinese. They're upto some mischief
i think its visible from all the places because of really high altitude, not that its flying over those regions.
Else the other possibility is a meteor at the same time. But ANI got defense sources announce the test, and one of the video above show the Balasore region where you can clearly see smoke trail went up & the next stage lit up which is very similar to the other lights.

• Agree
Reactions: RISING SUN