Indian Army Artillery Systems : News and Updates

E8E_IlaVkAgWhQt.jpg

#DRDO WLR Swathi mountain variant mounted on BEML TATRA 6X6 was under #IndianArmy trails at #Ladakh & #Sikkim After #IndiaChinaFaceOff in 2020, It can detect Motar shell from 5-20kms, 155mm or 122mm from 5-30kms, maximum range is 50kms on instrument.

Swathi radar system required 2 vechile s
Other one for power!!

Range is also too close to enemy artillery range..

Seems like it's useful during peace time cross border firing, low intensity conflicts.

I think we need even more mobile long range GaN based Aesa in solitary vehicle..

• Agree
Reactions: Lolwa and Hydra
Swathi radar system required 2 vechile s
Other one for power!!

Range is also too close to enemy artillery range..

Seems like it's useful during peace time cross border firing, low intensity conflicts.

I think we need even more mobile long range GaN based Aesa in solitary vehicle..
We need indigenous equivalents of systems basically:
Krashuska 4 (but a version that works) .
These can jam around 400 km.
The other is the turkish Koral EW. Samyukta is in similar capability but has lesser range
COBRA counter battery radar.
1280px-Aistenok_radar_maks2009.jpg

And aistonyak. This system can be made and I think BEL already has made one with AESA. So a portable one like this would be good too. Although I think the army has a similar system like this.

Reactions: Sathya

#indianarmy Pinaka 214mm Multiple Launch Rocket System In Action With A Range Of Maximum 80 Kilometers, Pinaka is a complete MBRL system, each Pinaka battery consists of six launcher vehicles, each with 12 rockets six loader-replenishment vehicles three replenishment vehicles two Command Post vehicle (one stand by) with a Fire Control computer, and the DIGICORA MET radar. A battery of six launchers can neutralise an area of 1,000 m × 800 m. #indianarmy

Problems with specific type of ammunition was always known. We were taking 6 months to generate the firing tables. A year to raise the first 18 guns in a unit. There was reason for it. Ofcourse the same cannot be replicated in few weeks. It's impossible.

This is a sophisticated piece of equipment. USA should have provided M198s from its reserves. More robust.

Reactions: Ashwin and Hydra