Line of Actual Control (LAC) : India & Tibet Border Updates

I would start there, although the idea of fighting over a mountain top is somewhat bizarre, like fighting over a cigarette butt. :ROFLMAO:

Well , if this is your knowledge and Understanding of Mountain Warfare , then you have NO RIGHT to comment on this particular thread

Your comment is not only pathetic but absolutely Foolish

I would repeat my earlier question to you which you conveniently avoided

Have you ever seen 5000 metres plus mountain chains

Do you even know the basics of mountain warfare

What is the importance of occupying higher peaks

you are under impression that gps guided munitions will fly up & down over the jagged mountains as if it were some bird looking for mac donalds outlet. Yes getting supplies up the mountains is hard but mountain also provides cover to supply chain unlike the flat plains. Once the mountains are occupied it is very tough to dislodge , requires 1:5 or more than that which means a small force can hold back a large one.

yeah add some 5000lb or 10000lb of load to that plane and see whether it takes of or not.
You drop it from the correct side of the mountain, or fly directly along ridgeline and cluster bomb it.

Not if you take the supplies out before they reach the mountain.

Are you saying that a J-11 or J-20 can't fly over a mountain?
Well , if this is your knowledge and Understanding of Mountain Warfare , then you have NO RIGHT to comment on this particular thread

What is the importance of occupying the high ground? That's hardly unique to mountain warfare.

• Haha
Reactions: Shaktimaan

what they call mountains we call foot hills in himalayas, mainland EU and US hardly have any mountain range that go past 6000m. Only thing we can relate a bit is the cold weather.

You drop it from the correct side of the mountain, or fly directly along ridgeline and cluster bomb it.

Not if you take the supplies out before they reach the mountain.

Are you saying that a J-11 or J-20 can't fly over a mountain?

What is the importance of occupying the high ground? That's hardly unique to mountain warfare.
crap, dude stop insulting your self and amusing us with such gems, even a delivery guy would have better practical knowledge. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Bali78 and Jaymax
In any terrain , whether it is plains or mountains, an invading force can make a few gains

But the real question is whether it can hold on to those gains

That is what is happening in Ukraine , where Russia is wasting enormous human and material resources to hold on to occupied territory

And this is what will happen to PLA too

Even if it comes in 10 KM ,it will not be able to hold onto any territory without suffering enormous casualties

The Whole CCP -- PLA domestic power structure will collapse , if 1000 PLA soldiers are killed

And looking at the mountainous terrain of Ladakh and Arunachal
It is Not worth it for XI

The Chinese can absorb a lot of losses. If they ever decide to not fight India, casualties won't be at the top of the list of reasons.

Hell no, I've read enough of your comments on the Ukraine thread to know that isn't even nearly possible. Seriously though, what's up there?

I cant speak for the Russia Fanboys or in your case the NATO fanboys, I m just stating the obvious - Everyone who is in the mix is just looking to advance their own interests.

While we are talking - whats with the puppy love for the west?

I cant speak for the Russia Fanboys or in your case the NATO fanboys, I m just stating the obvious - Everyone who is in the mix is just looking to advance their own interests.

While we are talking - whats with the puppy love for the west?
What's with the puppy love for Russia? It's like they can do no wrong by some people, it's always NATO's fault somehow.

Except Ukraine, who is just trying to survive, while Russia attacks them and some idiots call them Nazis because they cracked down on separatists.
crap, dude stop insulting your self and amusing us with such gems, even a delivery guy would have better practical knowledge. :LOL:
A delivery guy with a drone perhaps.

What's with the puppy love for Russia? It's like they can do no wrong by some people, it's always NATO's fault somehow.

Except Ukraine, who is just trying to survive, while Russia attacks them and some idiots call them Nazis because they cracked down on separatists.
Whataboutery again. I am asking why this holier than thou position for NATO - they are working to preserve their interests. They propped up Ukraine like a sacrificial goat. Did the UK not know Putin will react when they ran SEAD drills in Ukraine simulating runs on Russian defenses?

Did they not make noises about NATO membership which never came. The western objective is to bleed Russia and bring about regime change. Protecting the integrity of Ukraine is not on their agenda.

Whataboutery again. I am asking why this holier than thou position for NATO - they are working to preserve their interests. They propped up Ukraine like a sacrificial goat. Did the UK not know Putin will react when they ran SEAD drills in Ukraine simulating runs on Russian defenses?

Did they not make noises about NATO membership which never came. The western objective is to bleed Russia and bring about regime change. Protecting the integrity of Ukraine is not on their agenda.
Ukraine, a democracy, fighting off an attacker is whataboutery because it happens to be Russia? I don't see why you think they were propped up like a goat? I also don't see why you think it's massively in NATO's interests. Sure, it's an extra country out of the Russian sphere, but there's like 30 countries already in NATO, and Ukraine wasn't getting in anytime soon anyway. Ukraine has been occupied by Russia overtly or covertly for centuries, we were well used to it and it bothered us not.

When did the UK run SEAD drills in Ukraine? UK doesn't really even have proper SEAD capability TBH, much as it shames me to admit that, maybe against a Buk but that's about it.

They've been doing that since 2008:

Nope, Russia is kind of doing that for themselves. As I've said many times on this forum, sometimes when you just leave your enemies alone long enough with enough rope, they accidently hang themselves. Putin did that when he bribed Yanukovych to join the EEU against the wishes of his people and against his campaign promises, and then refused to accept the result of doing that. One mistake after another, each one larger than the first.

Well the supplies seem to be helping Ukraine protect itself, agenda or not, kind of the opposite effect to peddling Russia's oil really in that respect.

Did they not make noises about NATO membership which never came

The same noise what big mouth Amit Shah made for votes in parliament "Jaan de denge" And then skirmish with China happened. China mobilized and opnely challenged, Aja le le Aksai Chin. And here you are with lost 60sqkms of territory in Ladakh. (Koi nahi ghusa ji koi nahi ghusa). Stupid man!

If this Amit Shah utilizes even 1% of his brain in foreign policy what he uses to break MLA's that will do more for country.

Indians needs to learn to shut their mouth , talk less and do more.