ADA AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft

I feel that such critical facilities should be more inwards away from shore. An internal geo location itself acts as a deterence & forces the only solution to use BMs or low altitude deep strike by jets. Otherwise in war time they can be more easily targeted by cruise missiles launched by enemy subs, etc. Supersonic cruise missiles already exist & hypersonic ones are being developed. So basically a BMD level system will have to be deployed to protect key facilities against CMs & BMs.

Western Ghats (Nilgiris) is there to cover coimbatore from western side.

I feel that such critical facilities should be more inwards away from shore. An internal geo location itself acts as a deterence & forces the only solution to use BMs or low altitude deep strike by jets. Otherwise in war time they can be more easily targeted by cruise missiles launched by enemy subs, etc. Supersonic cruise missiles already exist & hypersonic ones are being developed. So basically a BMD level system will have to be deployed to protect key facilities against CMs & BMs.
For long south &A&N were not received much attention from armed forces. Your argument is similar to our yester years thinking of not developing infra structure due to china factor. FYI south is having numerous key institutions, organization & labs, enemy can easily target those. What we need to do is increase the offensive /air defense capabilities in A&N & south. I don't see no reason for us to deploy a minimum of two fighter squadron (one mki armed with brahmos another Rafale or similar ), dedicated p8I, AWACS fleets & a ultra long range stationary Radar stations in A&N, along with sufficient air defense systems.
Western Ghats (Nilgiris) is there to cover coimbatore from western side.
No, it cannot do anything. If Himalayas cannot give protection, western ghat also can't do anything with defense. We need dedicated air defense there, & needa to strengthen the alredy existing fighter squadron there.

Leave about country planning, we don't have proper city or street or family planning in most parts of country.🤪😂
Your argument is similar to our yester years thinking of not developing infra structure due to china factor.
Use positive or neutral words & lines like "duscussion", "theory", "idea" instead of accusing or -ve ones like "argument".
Ideally, all the key facilities including capital has to be in the safest geographies. OR the key locations have to be heavily defended, virtually impenetrable if possible. That's why most dedicated airbases are along Pak & China borders.
Unfortunately our captital is Delhi based on Delhi-Sultunate, otherwise in my opinion our caital should have been in Madhya Pradesh, a very appropriately named state. It should have got lots of strategic R&D facilities.

For long south &A&N were not received much attention from armed forces.
Tsunami could also be a big factor. Our & other countries have suffered due to Tsunami, flood, storm.
Every country considers a strategy to locate & protect their facilities depending upon their nature of function & geography.
Our country is a peninsula which narrows towards south & does have INA, tank facility at Avadi, Cochin ship yard, etc.
There is diff. b/w commercial & military locations & their growth.

FYI south is having numerous key institutions, organization & labs, enemy can easily target those.
Coastal cities are important for int. trade & commerce, like i said above, that's diff. from military locations. R&D for Navy can be located on coast for ships & subs but AirForce R&D should be located inwards. I wish we had our own Area-51 :cool: 😂 in central part somewhere, isolated till horizon.
Every country maintains a primary & secondary nuclear & conventional hitlist of adversary countries in case of full blown war. The thing which matters is how strong & quick is the defence. So if a military location is hit then ideally it should be away from major city & commercial facilities.

What we need to do is increase the offensive /air defense capabilities in A&N & south. I don't see no reason for us to deploy a minimum of two fighter squadron (one mki armed with brahmos another Rafale or similar ), dedicated p8I, AWACS fleets & a ultra long range stationary Radar stations in A&N, along with sufficient air defense systems.
That's what i said to have basically a BMD level defence 1st, regular SAMs will be insufficient. And we do have AFBs & Naval airfields & ports, submarines bases, etc. Some people question if we need a 3rd aircraft carrier, i feel funny bcoz in my opinion we need 4-6 active + 2 under repair capacity. We are fortunate to have a sub-continent sized country which does have challenges but it is a gift of nature, history.

bases -1.jpg

bases -2.jpg

Attachments

• 1649323244004.png
    1649323244004.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 134
  • 1649323291130.png
    1649323291130.png
    612 KB · Views: 106
Since we already have levcon in Naval LCA,
We should having data and necessary tech to install it.
They haven't used it in Amca probably because it's not needed.
Some people might have objected levcon for Su-57 too.
But if it gives additional lift & agility then load can be increased slightly. It might allow addition of SWB.

Modification might be good for performance but it's really bad for timelines. Any change now and project gets delayed by 3 years more.

Some people might have objected levcon for Su-57 too.
But if it gives additional lift & agility then load can be increased slightly. It might allow addition of SWB.
Do u guys think we should give Levcons to AMCA, like in Su-57, for more lift, agility? :oops: o_O:geek:🧐🤓

View attachment 23530

View attachment 23531
Aerodynamic design of a fighter is not based on what people think or believe. It is derived from wind tunnel testing and simulations based on service requirements.

Hope they will never substitute MB ejection seat with indigenous one to make amca 100% indigenous.
And may I say, WHY NOT... 🤔

With the expansion in industrial manufacturing base and especially military and aeronautic manufacturing base it's only natural to go for a 100% indiginisation including ejection seats for fighter planes to prevent any type of blackmailing by so called first world countries...

And may I say, WHY NOT... 🤔

With the expansion in industrial manufacturing base and especially military and aeronautic manufacturing base it's only natural to go for a 100% indiginisation including ejection seats for fighter planes to prevent any type of blackmailing by so called first world countries...
Because thats thr last line of escape mechanism when you are in air, you need decades of experience, R&D, case study & trial & error methods to perfect it. A count who took 10+ years to design a parachute will definitely screw this. After all they are our people, should provide a top end ejection seat, not an Indian made one.

Because thats thr last line of escape mechanism when you are in air, you need decades of experience, R&D, case study & trial & error methods to perfect it. A count who took 10+ years to design a parachute will definitely screw this. After all they are our people, should provide a top end ejection seat, not an Indian made one.
First, We have 15 to 20 yrs for R&D efforts for ejection seats.
Secondly do you think I would like to risk our brave pilot's life using unreliable ejection seats.
My only concern is to make our military hardware sanction proof and not putting our pilot's life in danger. Hence the R&D efforts.
If NOT MADE IN INDIA for ejection seats then why not the entire fighter plane too citing Indian fighters to be unreliable.
Also what took Martin Baker decades to perfect India can achieve in a decade or 2 because of higher knowledge base about ejection seats and ability to reverse engineering the ejection seats. So it's very much possible to make a competitive system without any compromise within a decade or 2....

Reactions: warmonger
Aerodynamic design of a fighter is not based on what people think or believe. It is derived from wind tunnel testing and simulations based on service requirements.
Obviously, wind tunnel testing & CFD modelling have to be done. Tell me something which i don't know. If DSI will be implemented then levcon will be a challenge. But there should be some benefit why Su-57 has it. I'm not saying that AMCA must have it too. But i was expecting if someone could tell me when to choose levcon. N-LCA also has it, means it will provide more lift, means it might increase load capacity slightly.
MK1 is just the 1st prototype. MK2 is also intended thereafter & a new powerful engine is indicated to be developed in JV.

The visit of UK PM Johnson seems to have produced a confusing report of joint statements mentioning UK involvement in production of a JV engine for AMCA. I thought that SAFRAN had been selected. Is the talk of a possible JV with UK just to make SAFRAN aware that the deal is theirs to lose if they do not offer enough or the cost is too high?

http://****/safran-or-rolls-royce-india-keeps-everyone-guessing-on-the-engine-front/#more-281897

The visit of UK PM Johnson seems to have produced a confusing report of joint statements mentioning UK involvement in production of a JV engine for AMCA. I thought that SAFRAN had been selected. Is the talk of a possible JV with UK just to make SAFRAN aware that the deal is theirs to lose if they do not offer enough or the cost is too high?

Avoid clickbait blogs and videos, look for joint statement for yourself. No one else got any additional information.