Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning and F-22 'Raptor' : News & Discussion

Electromagnetic pulse, It's more of a TED, but that term is even less known.

The AESA can focus a directed beam of energy. Which can disable electronics.

? The aesa antenna is the transmitting element of the EW/EA suite. It sounds like you need to do some reading on what this tech is.

? The aesa antenna is the transmitting element of the EW/EA suite. It sounds like you need to do some reading on what this tech is.
In all my reading, as far as I know, I've never come across aircrafts using EMP signals to destroy enemy comms or ADS unless it's a weapon ( you seem to be suggesting something else , hence I asked) or the AESA radar for anything more than surveiling or targeting. But that's only as far as I know.

No wonder he gets so flustered when General Hostage hints of the F-35s E-virus capability. I gave this clown more credit than I should have I actually thought he had some sort of knowledge how an AESA radar can be used for EW with the exception of the french planes AESA.

Lol. For all the yapping he does he sure is clueless.
You said E Virus like Stuxnet . You still use the same term . How exactly was Stuxnet uploaded into the Iranian N program to sabotage it ? Have you read about it ?

How exactly does the Lightning plan to download this E Virus to disrupt the comm systems or the ADS ?

I thought , since that exchange with Milspec where you clearly admitted you didn't know how the Lightnings did it but insisted that since Gen Hostage claimed it , it must be true , you'd have wisened up or taken him on his challenge & provided the evidence.

You did no such thing. I can reproduce the entire conversation between the two of you here , if you wish.

All you've done since is repeated those claims from different sources wherein none of your sources have ever demonstrated how such a capability works , just hollow claims from as far as 8 yrs back .

I'm still waiting for your evidence.

I should have I actually thought he had some sort of knowledge how an AESA radar can be used for EW with the exception of the french planes AESA.
Is he really interested? If he was, he would have read the basic stuff, like a lot do. I don't hold myself as knowledgeable, but there are people out there who are.

The Rafale just stuck as AESA antenna on the front of their old PESA radar. It's pretty basic, with no EW/EA capabilities. The 1980's hornet has more capable radar modes. We will see what the 2030's bring for Rafale. They may use it as a test bed for the tech on their next design. The Indians spent an extra $50m a plane, trying to get some specs into it.

Is he really interested? If he was, he would have read the basic stuff, like a lot do. I don't hold myself as knowledgeable, but there are people out there who are.

The Rafale just stuck as AESA antenna on the front of their old PESA radar. It's pretty basic, with no EW/EA capabilities. The 1980's hornet has more capable radar modes. We will see what the 2030's bring for Rafale. They may use it as a test bed for the tech on their next design. The Indians spent an extra $50m a plane, trying to get some specs into it.
So you don't know much about the tech or how it's deployed & are more of a brochure reader . That's precisely what I wanted to check .

Thanks for your time .

• Agree
Reactions: Bon Plan
It seems you are even incapable of doing that. SAD 🙈🙉
I could easily answer that & would have had I not known you're a man of mature years.

Whether it's worth your while to spend time in the company of a juvenile delinquent & emulate him just to kill time or positively contribute to the discussions or just be a silent observer like so many are out here is perhaps for you to ponder over.

Same here. I get my sources researching what pilots, DOD, LM and export nations defense officials say. Just look at his response he thinks I said/made the claim of stuxnet when it was General Hostage. The guy loves to be ignorant.

Not only no EW capability but no GMTI/GMTT capability which all US fighter AESA's have. It's standard.

• Haha
Reactions: _Anonymous_
Same here. I get my sources researching what pilots, DOD, LM and export nations defense officials say. Just look at his response he thinks I said/made the claim of stuxnet when it was General Hostage. The guy loves to be ignorant.

Lol. Here comes the disclaimer & exit clause.
Guess he comes closest to desi act of drinking charanamrit here. 🤣🤣

Not only no EW capability but no GMTI/GMTT capability which all US fighter AESA's have. It's standard.

Not only no EW capability but no GMTI/GMTT capability which all US fighter AESA's have
Also as I said, the old legacy hornet had it. That is a plane from the 80's. Like the Rafale is

The AN/APG-65 and AN/APG-73 are designations for a family of all-weather multimode airborne radar systems designed by Hughes Aircraft (now Raytheon) for the F/A-18 Hornet, and used on a variety of fighter aircraft types. The APG-79 is an upgraded AESA version.

These I band (8 to 12 GHz) pulse-Doppler radar systems are designed for both air-to-air and air-to-surface missions. For air-to-air operations they incorporate a variety of search, track and track-while-scan modes to give the pilot a complete look-down/shoot-down capability. Air-to-surface modes include Doppler beam sharpened sector and patch mapping, medium range synthetic aperture radar, fixed and moving ground target track and sea surface search. In the F/A-18, the radar is installed in a slide-out nose rack to facilitate maintenance.

Reactions: Innominate
It's pretty basic, with no EW/EA capabilities. The 1980's hornet has more capable radar modes. We will see what the 2030's bring for Rafale.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: You don't know anything about it, but you write easily about it. This is called trolling.
That is a plane from the 80's. Like the Rafale is
Poor @Optimist....
Try to think by your self. Don't be the usefull idiot of Whohe.