Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning and F-22 'Raptor' : News & Discussion

I mean it does suck when you are better and can't sell something.

Something the French at least in competition with the F-35 would not understand :)

Sources: Finnish Defense Forces nominates US F-35 as Finland's new fighter
The Finnish Defense Forces proposes the US F-35 as Finland's next fighter. The matter is confirmed to Iltalehti from several sources of foreign and security policy.

No surprise here.

Sources: Finnish Defense Forces nominates US F-35 as Finland's new fighter
The Finnish Defense Forces proposes the US F-35 as Finland's next fighter. The matter is confirmed to Iltalehti from several sources of foreign and security policy.

No surprise here.

Nothing surprising about the F-35 fitting inside the budget the more expensive Hornet operates under.

And it's better for the Finnish to stay under the American umbrella with other Nordic countries.

Europe alone will soon outmatch the Russian airforce without USAF.
Nothing would terrify the Europeans more than that.

The thing you need to understand is that they're freeriders. They want Uncle Sam to hold them in his arms and tuck them into bed and tell them a nighttime story. The worst thing they can imagine is if the US decided to stop protecting them. And they figure that if they were strong, it'd give the US the opportunity to pull out and focus forces elsewhere, so they don't want to be strong. Europe's weakness is a blackmail, a way to entrap America to stay there as their shield forever.

The thing you need to understand is that they're freeriders. They want Uncle Sam to hold them in his arms and tuck them into bed and tell them a nighttime story. The worst thing they can imagine is if the US decided to stop protecting them. And they figure that if they were strong, it'd give the US the opportunity to pull out and focus forces elsewhere, so they don't want to be strong. Europe's weakness is a blackmail, a way to entrap America to stay there as their shield forever.

Sometimes in life you don't get a choice. I don't think there's a choice anymore.

So that all the spare cash can be spent on illegal immigrants instead.

The worst thing they can imagine is if the US decided to stop protecting them.

This is going to happen eventually though.

Reactions: zinswinsin
So that all the spare cash can be spent on illegal immigrants instead.

This is going to happen eventually though.

Like USA should be plan B when it comes to Russia, not plan A.

Plan A should be the Europeans, obviously.

I desperately am hoping for a Labor gov in the UK and a Tempest FCAS merger.
That's desirable, although unlikely. The Russians are gonna be a very different beast in 10-15 years. Merely 10-15 years ago, they had nothing.

Like in 2014 I would have said Russia's prospects are more bullish, but after US shale and green revolution I don't see Russia lasting economically.

I know know we've said that forever, but Tesla is striking directly into Russia's economy with every car sold.

Anyways, Russia in 10-15 years will not outpace the F-35.

Like USA should be plan B when it comes to Russia, not plan A.

Plan A should be the Europeans, obviously.

Unfortunately Europe has not started heading in that direction yet.

I desperately am hoping for a Labor gov in the UK and a Tempest FCAS merger.

Too many cooks in both the programs.

Like in 2014 I would have said Russia's prospects are more bullish, but after US shale and green revolution I don't see Russia lasting economically.

I know know we've said that forever, but Tesla is striking directly into Russia's economy with every car sold.

Anyways, Russia in 10-15 years will not outpace the F-35.

Russia is an emerging economy. In 10-15 years they won't be as dependent on oil.