New Single-Engine Russian Fighter Unveiled

The problem with this plane is they have designed it to be cheap enough for export, and I don't mean the sticker price, I mean in terms of capabilities. It's far too limited as a next gen aircraft, especially with their engine choice.

The biggest drawback with it is it's not designed as per RuAF requirements. Furthermore, someone has to pay for it. They need to find a bakra that's willing to ignore CAATSA and buy 100+ so it can actually be developed into a real aircraft.

Basically, it's been designed to replace older fighter jets of air forces that are not going to fight the US or China. Another option would be countries that want to set up their own aerospace industries. Or countries that are willing to use it as the low component of the hi-lo mix.

There are four countries capable of operating it in large enough numbers. Turkey, Egypt, Vietnam and Iran. All of them don't worry/care about CAATSA. Turkey and Egypt need to replace a lot of F-16s. Furthermore, Turkey may ask to modernise the aircraft with Turkish avionics and/or the Izdeliye 30. Vietnam can use the Su-57 and this jet in a hi-lo mix, they need to replace 100+ Mig-21s. The Russians can play Iran and UAE off each other, although Iran will win due to CAATSA. Basically, if the Russians bag even one of these countries, the jet will have a future.

In the case of India, it doesn't seem suitable. It's a very expensive LCA Mk2 replacement or it's a very immature, limited Rafale replacement. Plus it's overkill for the LCA role while being insufficient for the Rafale's role. So it has no place at this time. However, since LCA Mk2 squadron requirement is 6+6, in a more modern avatar by the mid 2030s, it can possibly try and eat up a few of those remaining 6 squadrons. Another option is to offer a modernised unmanned variant as a loyal wingman by the mid to late 2030s.
If it's cheap as the Russians claim honestly it could be a good stopgap stealth plane until the amca becomes online. This is also a mig 29 replacement and the Russians displayed a navalised version of this. So wouldn't be surprised if this is offered since the TEDBF itself will come online in 2028.
Honestly we will only buy this from stopping the Russians to offer this product to the Pakistanis. And if we reach that situation. I would rather go for atleast 3-4 squadrons of Russian fifth gen so that we can get hands on the al41-f1 and use it on our mki's..

Reactions: Hydra
If it's cheap as the Russians claim honestly it could be a good stopgap stealth plane until the amca becomes online. This is also a mig 29 replacement and the Russians displayed a navalised version of this. So wouldn't be surprised if this is offered since the TEDBF itself will come online in 2028.
Honestly we will only buy this from stopping the Russians to offer this product to the Pakistanis. And if we reach that situation. I would rather go for atleast 3-4 squadrons of Russian fifth gen so that we can get hands on the al41-f1 and use it on our mki's..

This plane is at least 15 years away from becoming something good. Plus always buy only what the RuAF themselves operate.

Su-57 is a better stopgap option for India. IN won't buy this jet no matter how good it gets, it's not a naval jet plus it's only single engine.

The MKI is better off with 117S, even the Russians are operating the same on the Flankers.

This plane is at least 15 years away from becoming something good. Plus always buy only what the RuAF themselves operate.

Su-57 is a better stopgap option for India. IN won't buy this jet no matter how good it gets, it's not a naval jet plus it's only single engine.

The MKI is better off with 117S, even the Russians are operating the same on the Flankers.

All the Experience Gained by Russia
On SU 57 would be useful in making thia new plane quickly and perfectly

Why are you underestimating Izdeliye 30 engine

Doesn't work like that.

AL-41F1 is 117 (Su-57 Stage One). AL-41F1S is 117S (Su-35S, Su-30SM2).

Type 30 (Izdeliye 30, Second Stage engine) is entirely different, its designation is still secret. The single engine jet has a modernised 117, not Type 30.

lol i'm sure the americans thought that too with the f-22 and then the f-35.

Isn't a Su-35 more expensive or just around 30 mil? edit ya it's like 50 mil.

This is basically the lowest low of the airplane mix.

This plane will be Ready much Before AMCA

AND it will be better than AMCA mk 1

Prices are irrelevant when we can buy MK 1 A for 60 Million Dollars

And why do you think that Russians would NOT. Have learnt from the delays of Both F 35 and SU 57

This plane is a Prestige issue for Russians , they will get it Right

And we also need some options when our AMCA will be Indefinitely delayed

The Su-35 is $30M. The Su-30SM1 is $25M. All thanks to the collapse of the ruble after sanctions.

Size comparison.

1626893331645.png

1626893390222.png

1626893550099.png

Attachments

• 1626893318884.png
    1626893318884.png
    418.8 KB · Views: 155
  • 1626893432903.png
    1626893432903.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 182
  • 1626893450498.png
    1626893450498.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 155
Reactions: Hydra
And we also need some options when our AMCA will be Indefinitely delayed
Finally people in this forum start becoming more realistic. This was not the case when i joined here.
Anyway, what i feel is that the new Russian single engine stealth fighter if at all materialized on time,it will pit against Chinese j31 in international market. Also it may not be in the same class with mig21, the new fighter will be performing mig21's role as a first line of defense aka a quick reaction intercepter like mig21. As @randomradio said, it's not a russian airforce backed program, it may die like mig35 too.
Most interesting part is their new deck based fighter. It has more chance to see the light of the day than their single engine fighter. There is a genuine requirement exist with Russians for a new deck based fighter. Interestingly this may rival our TEDBF in international market.

Currently, this plane is a paper plane. Same as mythical LSA or MSA. Russia will need money to actually develop it. Where that money will come from? Obviously... they want it from India. Pakistan does not have that kind of money and China wont fund it.

One word. MONEY.

• Agree
Reactions: AbRaj and Hydra
Currently, this plane is a paper plane. Same as mythical LSA or MSA. Russia will need money to actually develop it. Where that money will come from? Obviously... they want it from India. Pakistan does not have that kind of money and China wont fund it.

One word. MONEY.
It's quite unfortunate that this plane is threat to our mwf and TEDBF programme. India will only invest if we are honestly interested in raising extra squadrons specifically for fifth gen interception role. For which this plane has been specially designed for.

I feel we will have to buy atleast two squadrons for su57 in around 2025-2027 period considering the f35's aren't coming neither the IAF shows interest in them. Once the Chinese j20 becomes better and more lethal and more squadrons are raised that will seem like a better deal.
Also I doubt this plane will take 15 years to come online. They have most of the basics ready just need to miniaturise it along with the engine. I think they will still use the 117s for most of their testing though. Most probably use a smaller variant of byelka radar or the fga 35/50. That eots might take some time. But even the material of construction doesn't seem much different to su 57.

Mki is better with the 117s but I doubt we will upgrade the engine. And if that's the case we can wait a bit longer and get hands on a bigger package with some newer engine tech..

- The sample presented bears the side number "75". Presumably, at the Sukhoi Design Bureau, the project was carried out under the designation T-75. In turn, Bulatov said that the Design Office proposed to assign the Su-75 index for the "internal" version of the aircraft.

- The aircraft is considered officially developed by the OAK on its own initiative without the allocation of the Russian Defense Ministry and with OAK's own funds. It can be assumed that, in fact, part of the funding came from the Russian Ministry of Industry and Commerce (as was the case at one point in the PAK FA program) and, apparently, the work was still coordinated with the military. . Part of the funding may come from a foreign source (the United Arab Emirates may, according to the 2017 agreement).

- The first flight of the LTS prototype is scheduled for 2023, the construction of the next flight prototypes - for 2024-2025, the completion of state tests - for 2026. The first delivery to customers should take place in 5.5 years, that is, at the end of 2026.

- From the characteristics of the LTS aircraft in the presentation, it was reported that it should have a speed of up to M = 1.8-2, a flight range of 3000 km, a ceiling of 16.5 km, a permissible overload of 8g, a payload 7400 kg maximum. LTS chief designer Mikhail Strelets said the LTS "has the greatest flight range for 'light' aircraft and the length of loitering when searching for a target or awaiting target designation, the highest payload capacity."

- The LTS avionics are apparently based on the Su-57 avionics, and the radar with AFAR will presumably be a scaled-down version of the N036 radar with the Su-57 in terms of the number of modules. For LTS radar, the possibility of simultaneous tracking of 30 air targets and shooting six of them is declared (this is about half of the previously announced indicators for H036).

- It is claimed that both the manned versions of the LTS and its unmanned modifications will be able to operate in a network-centric combat system and function as part of a group of manned and unmanned aircraft. "We are planning to carry out such tests," said the chief designer of LTS Strelets.

- Deputy Prime Minister Yuri Borisov said that the Russian Federation has an anchor customer for the new Checkmate light fighter.
"We already have it, we are doing it for him," Borisov said at the MAKS-2021 airshow. He explained that we are talking about a foreign air force.

I mean I get it that their most major radar company RTI and most major EW company KRET state 10 years behind the west in MMIC technology. But I mean you were given more than 10+ years to have improved modules like their biggest rage of mass producing LTCC modules for lower AESA costs and heat resistance. But instead the aircraft is just a downsize of the already existing N036 radar. Better off sticking to Su-57s for domestic production or go serve your pilots as cannon fodder with these aircraft. Now I am just sticking around for the export potential of it. Is it still too late to create a new airborne radar platform?

- The sample presented bears the side number "75". Presumably, at the Sukhoi Design Bureau, the project was carried out under the designation T-75. In turn, Bulatov said that the Design Office proposed to assign the Su-75 index for the "internal" version of the aircraft.

- The aircraft is considered officially developed by the OAK on its own initiative without the allocation of the Russian Defense Ministry and with OAK's own funds. It can be assumed that, in fact, part of the funding came from the Russian Ministry of Industry and Commerce (as was the case at one point in the PAK FA program) and, apparently, the work was still coordinated with the military. . Part of the funding may come from a foreign source (the United Arab Emirates may, according to the 2017 agreement).

- The first flight of the LTS prototype is scheduled for 2023, the construction of the next flight prototypes - for 2024-2025, the completion of state tests - for 2026. The first delivery to customers should take place in 5.5 years, that is, at the end of 2026.

- From the characteristics of the LTS aircraft in the presentation, it was reported that it should have a speed of up to M = 1.8-2, a flight range of 3000 km, a ceiling of 16.5 km, a permissible overload of 8g, a payload 7400 kg maximum. LTS chief designer Mikhail Strelets said the LTS "has the greatest flight range for 'light' aircraft and the length of loitering when searching for a target or awaiting target designation, the highest payload capacity."

- The LTS avionics are apparently based on the Su-57 avionics, and the radar with AFAR will presumably be a scaled-down version of the N036 radar with the Su-57 in terms of the number of modules. For LTS radar, the possibility of simultaneous tracking of 30 air targets and shooting six of them is declared (this is about half of the previously announced indicators for H036).

- It is claimed that both the manned versions of the LTS and its unmanned modifications will be able to operate in a network-centric combat system and function as part of a group of manned and unmanned aircraft. "We are planning to carry out such tests," said the chief designer of LTS Strelets.

- Deputy Prime Minister Yuri Borisov said that the Russian Federation has an anchor customer for the new Checkmate light fighter.
"We already have it, we are doing it for him," Borisov said at the MAKS-2021 airshow. He explained that we are talking about a foreign air force.

I mean I get it that their most major radar company RTI and most major EW company KRET state 10 years behind the west in MMIC technology. But I mean you were given more than 10+ years to have improved modules like their biggest rage of mass producing LTCC modules for lower AESA costs and heat resistance. But instead the aircraft is just a downsize of the already existing N036 radar. Better off sticking to Su-57s for domestic production or go serve your pilots as cannon fodder with these aircraft. Now I am just sticking around for the export potential of it. Is it still too late to create a new airborne radar platform?
Stop gloating Paddy. The Russians have a functional 5G program. Your 6G program is still very much a paper project . Come back here when you achieve something substantial there. Till then keep basking in reflected glory about all the job work BAe & other Brit techno coolies oops so sorry Brit companies carried out in the F-35 program like it's your own.

One word. MONEY.
Hydra and lolwa has a lot of pocket money, dont you dare to underestimate these bois. Stephan Cohen can arrange few million Bitcoins too. And not to forget IA Kashkaol Khan N.
All of these bois are super intalligent and wealthy, and can buy whatevevr shit anyone throws in the market.

Hydra and lolwa has a lot of pocket money, dont you dare to underestimate these bois. Stephan Cohen can arrange few million Bitcoins too. And not to forget IA Kashkaol Khan N.
All of these bois are super intalligent and wealthy, and can buy whatevevr shit anyone throws in the market.
Exactly I have trillion dollars in my bank account it's just that indian goverment hasn't asked me. And Therefore I haven't assisted the government..

• Haha
Reactions: Bali78 and AbRaj

The Russians don't have the money or the time to develop a new radar so them downsizing was prettty much expected. Even the Americans have basically played around three radars around all there systems except APG 77 and 81 being a later development. The gripen aesa radar is basically a downsized captor aesa. This thing will be bought by the Russians for making it export eligible. Atleast one squadron will be bought by the Russians. Like they did with the mig 35.
They are using similar components to the su 57 even the irst which might be a downsized variant or the same irst. The only thing that will take time is the eots and engine. If those things get ready by the next two years. This will be ready on the export market by 2026-2027(still extremely ambitious). This plane is what the f35A was meant to be without f-35's avionics capabilities..