Line of Actual Control (LAC) : India & Tibet Border Updates

He's unhappy with the current situation and is only venting.

In Ladakh, the Chinese have pushed quite a lot towards India. In Depsang, they are right next to the SSN road. In most other places, we have eyeball to eyeball confrontation a bit further away.

But the Chinese have reached the peak of their salami slicing tactic in the region and if they want anything more, they will have to forcibly push the IA out, which means war. Or they have to try the same elsewhere and turn the LAC into LoC. But everything else he's worried about, not gonna happen without going to war.
They are not. Even if Chinese Army is marching in Old Delhi, the leaders will prattle : "Na Koi Ghusa hai, Na Koi Ghus ayaa hei". And its not Modi's word actually, its the words of entire PMO and south block combined.

Reactions: Hydra and Jaymax
You don't get it, don't you? Even though he wrote it clear as day. THERE WILL BE NO WAR/BATTLE. Indian leadership will keep on appeasing China out of fear.

You dont get it , dont you ? even though i wrote it clear a day . IA took kailash range, fought in doklam and all sort of bans on Chinese goods happened Under the same Indian politician whom u claim is appeasing china out of fear

Reactions: Chain Smoker
You dont get it , dont you ? even though i wrote it clear a day . IA took kailash range, fought in doklam and all sort of bans on Chinese goods happened Under the same Indian politician whom u claim is appeasing china out of fear
And then what happened? IA vacated Kailash range, now occupied by Chinese. Indian imports from China grew even this year to record heights. And someone said : "Na koi Ghusa hai Na koi ghus aaya hei". Actually, we did nothing AT ALL. We have done numerous rounds of negotiation and that has lead to nothing. They keep on occupying our land and our army keeps on capitualting due to orders coming from the top.

And then what happened? IA vacated Kailash range, now occupied by Chinese. Indian imports from China grew even this year to record heights. And someone said : "Na koi Ghusa hai Na koi ghus aaya hei". Actually, we did nothing AT ALL. We have done numerous rounds of negotiation and that has lead to nothing. They keep on occupying our land and our army keeps on capitualting due to orders coming from the top.

And you never saw the news of Chinese vacating F4 to F8 ? the point now is IA is mirroring deployment and infact deploying more to be ready for any eventuality and not dismissing the whole issue as a pimple in your face like how salman khurshid used to do during UPA's era. Also, do let me know when was the last time IA did something like this before when it comes to Chinese?

Reactions: Chain Smoker
And you never saw the news of Chinese vacating F4 to F8 ?
The pull back was mutual there. Pangong Lake: India and China complete pull-back of forces

However, we pulled back from kailash range with China doing nothing. That Jaishankar looks like a moron he is each time crying China to keep its disengagement promise.

the point now is IA is mirroring deployment and infact deploying more to be ready for any eventuality and not dismissing the whole issue as a pimple in your face like how salman khurshid used to do during UPA's era. Also, do let me know when was the last time IA did something like this before when it comes to Chinese?
We moved from a position of strength in Kailash range to that of matching now. That my dear is called weakness.

The pull back was mutual there. Pangong Lake: India and China complete pull-back of forces

However, we pulled back from kailash range with China doing nothing. That Jaishankar looks like a moron he is each time crying China to keep its disengagement promise.

We moved from a position of strength in Kailash range to that of matching now. That my dear is called weakness.

Matching of troops is being done right from the conflict start in 2020...........my question still remains , do let me know when was the last time IA/IAF made their intention clear to the Chinese by all assets and conveying the message that we are not pushover .

Lt Gen Joshi , when Asked about the Kailash Range Withdrawal Said to Gaurav Sawant " Occupation of those Heights will Not Give Any Advantage in Perpetuity "

The same words are repeated here

Looking at The Terrain and Deployment of both Forces , we can see that Both Armies are very close to each other

So instead of Occupying some heights which have to be Maintained with Regular Supplies , it is better to create Permanent Structures for Men and Materials

Also for keeping an eye on enemy movements , you dont need to occupy each Peak , a few vantage points are enough along with ISR assets in the Air

When Firing starts , Nobody will Shell the peaks

All Permanent structures will be targeted to make it impossible for the enemy soldiers to live , sleep and fight

@Saaho

Instead of Occupying Each and every Peak in That Area , we need to have Maximum possible Artillery Support for Rapidly Targeting their Supporting Infrastructure , once the Hostilities
Break out

See this Innovative idea developed during Doklam

Once 120 MM mortars start raining on PLA , they will come to their senses

That is why they are merely Staying in Eastern Ladakh and Not opening Fire on us , they know that there will be huge casualties

Matching of troops is being done right from the conflict start in 2020...........my question still remains , do let me know when was the last time IA/IAF made their intention clear to the Chinese by all assets and conveying the message that we are not pushover .
Here is a simple question : When Chinese attacked Indian soldiers, why a massive and unacceptable response was not given? Why the "fire at will" was not allowed? Why this tip-toeing to Chinese? To be honest we were in a position of strength there, but we let it go. Recently, Chinese have threatened Japan with Nuclear war. Why we have not tested our own nuclear weapons and MIRV using this as a pretext? Our posturing has been weak in past and weak now. We show and convey that we are a pushover otherwise Chinese wont try pushing in.
@Saaho

Instead of Occupying Each and every Peak in That Area , we need to have Maximum possible Artillery Support for Rapidly Targeting their Supporting Infrastructure , once the Hostilities
Break out

See this Innovative idea developed during Doklam

Once 120 MM mortars start raining on PLA , they will come to their senses

That is why they are merely Staying in Eastern Ladakh and Not opening Fire on us , they know that there will be huge casualties
Biggest problem is this: no one in our PMO or South block is willing to take any real action. Simply no one. We are first to say "hostilities are over". Be it pakistan be it china. Rest, as they say are details.

Biggest problem is this: no one in our PMO or South block is willing to take any real action. Simply no one. We are first to say "hostilities are over". Be it pakistan be it china. Rest, as they say are details.

In our country and society , War Casualties are Acceptable ONLY when we are Defending or Retaliating

If we start a conflict now , the entire media and political class will say that
" Modi is getting soldiers killed for electoral politics "

We have to Justify War to our people
Like in 1971

So we will not start war , let China move in further if it wants a War

But China too is making all its moves on its own side of LAC

And in the meantime , just keep accumuating weapons and wait for the Enemy to make a move

If we start a conflict now , the entire media and political class will say that
" Modi is getting soldiers killed for electoral politics "
Well, in that case it will be a conflict with external power, declare emergency, round up all these vermins and get rid of them.

Well, in that case it will be a conflict with external power, declare emergency, round up all these vermins and get rid of them.

Let me say the same thing in different words

Right now India is just coming out of the Covid disaster , which has not only Reduced the Size of our economy but also killed an unknown Number of people

The citizens are more concerned about
inflation and unemployment

Let me say the same thing in different words

Right now India is just coming out of the Covid disaster , which has not only Reduced the Size of our economy but also killed an unknown Number of people

The citizens are more concerned about
inflation and unemployment
Emergencies and invasions are never according to one's convinience. They need to be tackled when they come.

• Agree
Reactions: Hydra and Jaymax
Trouble with India is this desi saying : "Ain Shikar ke waqt kutiya hagasee".

Most of the time India has this "strategic independence". Its a pathetic excuse for not doing required diplomatic leg-work.

None of bureaucrats in Indian Foreign Services have needed smarts nor inclinations nor motivation to actually work diplomacy.

Only once that was done, in the time of Indra Gandhi and results were really great. Somehow, after her we have lost ALL ability and motivation to do anything worthwhile.

The short of it is, it is very much possible to create a diplomatic and military bulwark against China but it will take will to do it and a cost to it. Its about time we do it.

This guy needs to think about how many land border sharing countries have the kind of military strength to stand up to China on the border? China is poking Russia, Mongolia, India, Bhutan, Nepal... its a very long list.
Leaving India, rest all are willing to let China capture their territory or have accepted it.

India would have done well if we had fashioned a military coalition against China. We knew this issue since 60s. Its a shame we did nothing.