Chinese Wuhan Virus Thread

How the heck Chinese stopped using masks when whole world is expecting wave after wave...

When virus is identified as man made., why cost is not imposed on Chinese for its irresponsible action s?

At the least, Shouldn't the world award the late Chinese doctor who first identified the virus?

They have been vaccinating 20 million a day since May.

As for the rest, without EU participating in taking any action, it's going to be useless. The people who are alive want to see the "big picture" and just make money with China as usual. Maybe get some trade concessions in exchange for looking the other way.

Reactions: Sathya
Let me say something very disappointing. The only infectious disease that humans can eliminate through vaccines is smallpox.
No. Almost ALL the deadly childhood diseases have been eliminated by vaccination.

Measles, pertussis (whooping cough), Hemorrhagic Septicemia (Galghotu), Diptheria, Polio come to mind.

Polio was such a menace that people were too worried to allow their kids even venture outside. In worst cases people suffering from polio needed a contraption called iron lung to live.

We don't think too much about these diseases is the very proof that they have been eliminated.
They have been vaccinating 20 million a day since May.

As for the rest, without EU participating in taking any action, it's going to be useless. The people who are alive want to see the "big picture" and just make money with China as usual. Maybe get some trade concessions in exchange for looking the other way.
Reminds me of appeasement policy of Neville from 1938 or so. Didn't tame Hitler.

I can't quite tell how genuine the information provided here is but it seems to tick all the boxes for cliches on Muslims.

Zydus Cadilla applies for vaccine approval for ZyCov-D 3 dose vaccine.

I was expecting this. Its symptomatic efficacy is 66.6% only.
While Moderate, Severe and Death protection efficacy is 100%.

Given that it has been tested in 28000 people, its a decent vaccine but competition is MUCH better.
For a 3 dose vaccine it should have done better.
It would have been better if they had collected variant data as well by genome analysis.

The undercounting of covid death have been MASSIVE. In MP, 5 times more deaths were registered from ALL causes as compared to averages from other years. Those who were saying 20-30% undercount, this is the answer to their DUMB assertion. If this is MP, I shudder at thought of what would be the case in UP, Orissa, Bihar etc.

1625155295404.png

The undercounting of covid death have been MASSIVE. In MP, 5 times more deaths were registered from ALL causes as compared to averages from other years. Those who were saying 20-30% undercount, this is the answer to their DUMB assertion. If this is MP, I shudder at thought of what would be the case in UP, Orissa, Bihar etc.

View attachment 20114
Stop beating a dead horse every one knows that there is massive undercounting. Cannot wake up ppl who pretend to be asleep.

A Tale of 2 Vaccines.

It's that time of the year again. Never better to be a Paxtani. Those 3 million vaccines, well, they're about to bring a lot of joy to naya Paxtan, maamu .

@Nilgiri ; @safriz

Chinese vaccines should be counted as placebos
When you use words difficult to understand & not part of every day usage , do ensure you attach a link describing it for the less privileged. Maamu may get the impression you're poking fun at Naya Paxtan's efforts at vaccine development restricted as of now to colour packaging & labelling along with bottling it ( perhaps) .

Mind it.

China's amazing part is NOT the quality or efficacy. Its scale. And scale is perhaps the most important skill to master in all sphere of governance.
Even if SinoVac etc give a 50% efficacy against symptomatic infection and 60% efficacy against severe disease and death, Thats a lot. Half of your otherwise ICU bound patients are now not going to end up in ICU. That can be difference between the mess we were in May and how we were in say September last year. If you can do that much for entire nation than coupled with a halfway decent medical care and a strict administration you will be able to live through pandemic without messing up your economy royally. Thats an achievement in present scenario.