Agriculture in India : News, Updates, Discussion & Analysis

THREAD!!

For all those who are following the farmer's agitation but don't know what's it all about. Excellent omnibus thread detailing the entire business of how certain States have come to monopolize the MSP & having cornered the bulk of FCI procurement are now blackmailing the government to continue with this lopsided system. Do give it a read.

THREAD!!

For all those who are following the farmer's agitation but don't know what's it all about. Excellent omnibus thread detailing the entire business of how certain States have come to monopolize the MSP & having cornered the bulk of FCI procurement are now blackmailing the government to continue with this lopsided system. Do give it a read.
FYI an average Punjab farmer gets more on subsidy than annual income of farmers of MP, UP and even Maharashtra.
And then FCI is forced to buy 5-6 times of others states quota in just two states of Punjab and Hariyana only. Even per farmer quota in these two states is several times more than rest of the country

Oh, I have asked because in headlines it is written Trudeau and Khalistan and not about farmers
Trudeau is fully into Punjab politics lol. His Defence minister is a Punjabi Sikh who never misses any chance to take potshots at India. But I thinks its more of a political obligation than anything else because their opponents are far deeper into this whole Khalistan mess. Someone them are regular faces in Khalistan rallies and campaigns.

Eom1Lo4U0AADafa

Don't care. If the farmers want to regress let them rot. These are not farmers but middlemen and communists. View attachment 18793View attachment 18794
This is not a farmer protest but a .5 front of the 2.5 front war. This protest doesn't make sense..
Wtf...and this is how u identify a bhakt...no logic, no reasoning...if someone is protesting against govt, called them 0.5 front, anti nationalist....what kind of dumb *censored* logic is this..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201129-145646.jpg
    Screenshot_20201129-145646.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 206
Don't care. If the farmers want to regress let them rot. These are not farmers but middlemen and communists. View attachment 18793View attachment 18794
This is not a farmer protest but a .5 front of the 2.5 front war. This protest doesn't make sense..

There is no middleman in Punjab mandi system, only service providers. This protest makes sense to them, who are going to hurt by these laws. You are nobody, so stop giving certificates of patriotism. By your definition, anyone who is not a Dalal of BJP/Modi is part of .5 front.

Reactions: Shaktimaan
Wtf...and this is how u identify a bhakt...no logic, no reasoning...if someone is protesting against govt, called them 0.5 front, anti nationalist....what kind of dumb *censored* logic is this..
Because the loudest groups are the middlemen,khalistanis,communists and their lackeys. Not the farmers. Because it doesn't effect them much. They are just taken for a ride. Stop being emotional everyone with a sane mind is supporting this reform only corrupt bicholiyas lose their money. Same for the Shaheen Bagh drama. It's a .5 front war and you are delusional vif you cannot see through it...

There is no middleman in Punjab mandi system, only service providers. This protest makes sense to them, who are going to hurt by these laws. You are nobody, so stop giving certificates of patriotism. By your definition, anyone who is not a Dalal of BJP/Modi is part of .5 front.
No modi is himself dalal of the Ambani's but this doesn't change the fact that it's bicholiyas that will lose out on this.
Every system has middlemen and these union wala are just taking everyone for a ride. If Punjabi farmers can't compete in the free market it's their fault of them being cocky. Also if the older system is superior how do you explain the high frequency of farmer suicide in Punjab. Stop justifying this drama because of your Marxist indoctrination. A better law could be tabled I agree with complete removal of mandis and incriminating middlemen behaviour. But it's a step in the right direction.

Also if they want to continue practice stubble burning and then ban diwali, good luck. I will not be a party to this insanity in the name of corrupt communists and political prostitutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bali78
Guys I'm from Punjab and i assure you that these are genuine farmers who are protesting out there in Delhi and they have their doubts. Govt. might have made these laws with good intentions but they need to clear these doubts and reach consensus with the farmers ASAP because khalistanis and other anti-India elements would be eager to take advantage of this situation to destabilize our country.