Line of Actual Control (LAC) : India & Tibet Border Updates

1- Not of this level.
Not at this level? You mean missle boat and destroyers next to each other, USAF fighters buzzing Chinese ones and vice versa, building artificial islands in seas claimed by others is a level less than few fist fights or few artillery guns moved?
You do know that eastern side of China is more important as it houses all her economic activity and majority of population, right?

2- In US- USSR case it was different as both sides have explicitly said that any type of aggression by other would be met with nuclear retaliation.
What is the source of this?

Reactions: Sulla84
Not at this level? You mean missle boat and destroyers next to each other, USAF fighters buzzing Chinese ones and vice versa, building artificial islands in seas claimed by others is a level less than few fist fights or few artillery guns moved?
You do know that eastern side of China is more important as it houses all her economic activity and majority of population, right?
You have to differentiate b/w some minor incidences and war posturing. Even if two warships of different hostile countries come close to each other, it would not start a war as a single warship can't do that. I always keep that factor in mind when I try to analyse that a war would happen or not. For instance US Iran confrontation didn't escalated as US didn't has enough resources present on that theatre. The US defense was paper thin there.
As far as artificial islands are concerned then I agree that they were major escalation but the countries affected from it didn't had enough military power to resist it.

What is the source of this?
No source sir, it is all open source.

ou have to differentiate b/w some minor incidences and war posturing. Even if two warships of different hostile countries come close to each other, it would not start a war as a single warship can't do that.
I will not call warships blocking each other as minor posturing if blocking patrolling soldiers/police and a fist fight is called major.

One single destroyer has way way way more fire power than all the artillery deployed on LAC.

As far as artificial islands are concerned then I agree that they were major escalation but the countries affected from it didn't had enough military power to resist it.
That area are near Spartley Island occupied by like of Japan too having backing and assurance of USA.

I will not call warships blocking each other as minor posturing if blocking patrolling soldiers/police and a fist fight is called major.

One single destroyer has way way way more fire power than all the artillery deployed on LAC.
Hey, when did I called fistfight and blocking of patrolling as major. And why are acting as a blind on all the things which China is doing on our borders??

That is your assessment, but all those artilleries could sustain a fight for much longer than a single destroyer.

That area are near Spartley Island occupied by like of Japan too having backing and assurance of USA.
But Japan doesn't has capability of it's own and
USA has only ensured the defence of Japan. Plus when all this was happening the countries along SCS were acutely aware of the lack of intent I US administration to seriously confront China. Aur doosre ke haath ki talwaar par kya bharosa Karna.
You see, open source does not mean no source. You have to point out where you read this.
Why should I? I have gone through pain to study of a time when I was not even present in this world. Now with all this labor either you agree with my point on its face value or go and verify it for yourself.

Then which part of this stand off is major according to you?
That fistfight was only an excuse used by China to increase their deployment. Now they have camps all along the galwan valley. They are also increasing the number of jets and and armoured vehicles and artilleries. It is unprecedented, something which we have not seen even during Doklam standoff.

the only thing they managed to do is damage pakistani economy. have you seen it lately? begging saudis and chinese.
India has half a trillion forex reserves. not much effect Pakistan or China is having on the Indian economy.
as much as the Pakistanis want to see a decimated Indian economy, its just not in the works.

People in India follow mixed economy there is always some sort of substitute. More over, 80% of Indians live in hardships, it doesn't affect them whether there is 24 hr water supply or electricity or medical facility so there fore what more can China ruin when there is nothing. Indians can manage in very harsh conditions as well.

What's worst? Instead of getting 1 hour daily water supply, people will get 15 minutes, because China will steal all the water. But you will get the water somehow.

yup thats where chinese are aiming, they have already done the same thing in mekong delta.

India will be better off to focus on economy and securing it's resources, not arbitrarily going up hill. If Chinese are after Indian water resources , Indian can do the same. But foolish military doesn't understand this. If China takes control of Indian lake , some millitary officers will climb up hill around the lake and tell rest of country Chinese are within Indian army's line of sight.

What`'s the use? You are not getting the water, the Chinese are.

They took mansarovar because it's a big lake, they have marked all the prosperous valleys, lakes, glaciers and rivers.
China is aiming till bodh gaya.

To become Buddhist legendary country and steal Indian heritage.

Reactions: Paro

This standoff will continue

NO COMPROMISE will happen

India gets annual Rainfall of 4000 BCM
Whereas our storage capacity is just 200 BCM

So first use the water resources available rather than Bringing water from Kailash Mansarovar

So first use the water resources available rather than Bringing water from Kailash Mansarovar
Just because India receives uneven rainfall it doesn't mean India let's go it's future use water resources. That's a very non visionary and retard thinking. If current generation thinks that way, India can't grow.

North depends on glaciers and lakes in Himalayas, if China secures all of them, kids will die thirsty in UP, Punjab, Himachal, Uttaranchal, Assam.

Reactions: vikata
Just because India receives uneven rainfall it doesn't mean India let's go it's future use water resources. That's a very non visionary and retard thinking. If current generation thinks that way, India can't grow.

North depends on glaciers and lakes in Himalayas, if China secures all of them, kids will die thirsty in UP, Punjab, Himachal, Uttaranchal, Assam.

Global warming will result in all these Glaciers melting rapidly and the water will flow downhill into India

• Haha
Reactions: screambowl

This standoff will continue

NO COMPROMISE will happen

What're you engaging that fool for ? He can't tell his head from his backside, though having said that in his case they're both interchangeable & hence need not be differentiated.Those lakes aren't the carriers of waters from its origins though the Maansarovar is the origin of the Indus, Sutlej & Ghaghra. They acquire practically all their water from glaciers while flowing downstream into India & Paxtan & through the monsoon.

Last edited:
After reading the thread and understanding the ideology of Indians here, most of them don't know why they are protecting Himalayas, what is the importance of lakes which they lack to understand, and why China took on Tibet. Most of them here don't even know it. I have a scenario in Mind.

Scenario:

China once again fights with India for the lakes and water bodies inside Indian territory, because Indians don't find them valuable and depend on global warming to melt them and flow into India. :LOL: . China occupies huge land around all glaciers river sources and lakes and India occupies few km around barren lands in China. After long high level talks, and stylish diplomacy by careless and show offer Indians on TV where Rajdeep, Arnab and print quint shout, both India China come to a conclusion that, cease fire has been declared, and where they are they will stay there.

India gets what it captured China gets what China captured.

What India captures:

Over 10000sqkm inside China, barren desert and rough terrain. Which China intentionally wanted India to capture it as it was no use for them and less strategic important. So China diverted India to take on that territory. :cry:

What China captures:

over 10000sqkm Lakes, river sources , glaciers and valleys to build dams and regulate water supply, settles it's people around those lush valleys and start economic activity. :devilish:

Statement: Leaders in India show victory sign by telling people of India that India military captured 1000+sqkm inside China. Indian people get happy and day to day life goes on. China where as laughs on stupidity of Indians. :ROFLMAO:

China does exactly, what India did to Pakistan in 1965, by allowing Pakistan to get into those barren Indian territory with low strategic and economic use, where as captures more strategic fertile plains of Punjab controlling water canals and economic zones. :cool:

This is most likely to happen. :coffee::unsure: