National Security Advisory Board Blows 5g Bugle Build Local Muscle Get Real On China & News Pertaining To Huawei's Prospects Around The World.

We can't let China take advantage. What were we doing not creating such network and beyond, I thought of mapping every brain in India and thereby collate with data.... Well you know the prospects, Chin already does it, we don't out of Moral compass.

India should go for Nokia, Ericsson, Alcatel etc. Why should we go for Chinese stuff? Simultaneously Indian companies should develop their own base stations. In fact Mukesh Ambani does have a telecom research lab for last 10+ years. I don't know what they are doing these days though.
The point is these "BC" Abuse the host who taught them. Understand it from the root. As long as you are tied up in a accord with western or Chinese companies you cannot influence them. All this crying, is about Bharat breaking out and reclaiming its own strength as the "Engine of this world".

Well, China just tried to screw us at UN.

Unless we hit them back & hit them severely that sends a message that every action of theirs will have consequences, they will continue to try to screw us.

They enjoy substantial trade deficit with us, why should we be scared to start a trade war?!!

Ninjamonkey (@Aryanwarlord) Tweeted:
All #India needs to do is reject @Huawei as well to bring the #mobile telephony empire built by #China crashing down.
Will @PMOIndia take this leap?

That's impossible. Huawei already has dozens of customers. And there's China anyway.

India should go for Nokia, Ericsson, Alcatel etc. Why should we go for Chinese stuff? Simultaneously Indian companies should develop their own base stations. In fact Mukesh Ambani does have a telecom research lab for last 10+ years. I don't know what they are doing these days though.

For laundering tax money by saying investing in R&D. Mukesh Ambani has contributed zilch to R&D in India despite being India's most successful businessman over a decade. He wins business by buying cheap items to win the market. But he has not evolved to control the market.

Indian companies have already designed 4G LTE Chips deployed in base station and repeaters. And probably designed for broadband chips too. But a standalone chip is nothing. It has to be tested with the whole package and environment. That means other providers have to use Indian chips in their design to prove the capability.

BSNL should evolve from a telephone company to telecommunication design & manufacture company. Start designing routers, networkers, base stations cheaply. And then evolve like Huawei.

India shouldnt rush into 5G deployment. They can dedicated 5G capable regions or areas in cities for such technology related companies to refine their research like automatic cars, survellaince etc. I would be even glad if companies are encouraged to do 6G research from now on. Telecom companies are in losses and rolling 5G's right now will make them default.

Indian companies have already designed 4G LTE Chips deployed in base station and repeaters. And probably designed for broadband chips too. But a standalone chip is nothing. It has to be tested with the whole package and environment. That means other providers have to use Indian chips in their design to prove the capability.

BSNL should evolve from a telephone company to telecommunication design & manufacture company. Start designing routers, networkers, base stations cheaply. And then evolve like Huawei.

India shouldnt rush into 5G deployment. They can dedicated 5G capable regions or areas in cities for such technology related companies to refine their research like automatic cars, survellaince etc. I would be even glad if companies are encouraged to do 6G research from now on. Telecom companies are in losses and rolling 5G's right now will make them default.
All that is good, thambi. What can we accomplish now?

Why should we transform BSNL into telecom R&D organization, when C-DOT is there for last 35 years. Our bureaucrats tried their level best to derail C-DOT on behalf of MNCs and did quite well in that front.

BTW which Indian company designed 4G LTE chip?

Thanks for the info. This one looks like a serious development. Even though the chip is designed for CPE, it's certainly in the right direction. Kudos to the founders for taking the leap.
15 years back I was part of a team which was designing a micro Node B (small BTS for WCDMA) and we used combination of FPGA and DSP processor for all Phy layer processing. This chip would have made our life much easier and product could have been rolled out much faster.
I hope Indian government promote these guys rather than blindly importing communication equipments.

Why should we transform BSNL into telecom R&D organization, when C-DOT is there for last 35 years. Our bureaucrats tried their level best to derail C-DOT on behalf of MNCs and did quite well in that front.

BTW which Indian company designed 4G LTE chip?

Even BSNL has been destroyed to favour private companies. One reason is to trim its workforce to sustainable levels. I have no idea what CDOT has been doing. Moreover its not a commercial entity. BSNL being a commercial entity can transform itself by allying with Indian private sector.

All that is good, thambi. What can we accomplish now?

I would say, give R&D tax breaks any company involved in research. I did say, Indian speeds havent even reached true LTE which is 100mbps, while original 4G is around 1gbps. So we have scope for improvement for 4G which would take years. Its just 1-2 years back 3G coverage has been improved across India and it was introduced in 2011-12 timeframes.

Miss the 5G bus, adopt 6G research, work with telecom and cellular companies and emerge successful. But long term vision has to start now. While missing 5G has its own disadvantages like its related tech companies missing business in India or FDI for such companies, but its worth it to have our own indigenous tech.

Even BSNL has been destroyed to favour private companies. One reason is to trim its workforce to sustainable levels. I have no idea what CDOT has been doing. Moreover its not a commercial entity. BSNL being a commercial entity can transform itself by allying with Indian private sector.
C-DOT has designed telephone exchanges which has powered the initial telecommunication revolution of India during late 80s and throughout 90s. More than 90% of BSNL's rural telecom infrastructure is from C-DOT. It's primary role was to design telecom equipments and then license both private as well as govt companies like ITI for manufacturing. I believe C-DOT MAX (40,000 line main automatic exchanges) are still working in Jaya nagar and Indira Nagar in Bangalore.
It's quite unfortunate that ex CDoTians are now running the show in Qualcomm, Cisco and other communication/networking companies in US, where as C-DoT itself is struggling for survival.
As far as BSNL is concerned, they should blame themselves for the situation they are in right now. I have interacted with them both as a customer as well as technology partner. Their customer service has been pathetic for decades and they just refused to come out of the mindset of monopoly era. Of course Govt played it's bit by not providing 4G spectrum. But BSNL was already set to fail even before that. During my last visit to India, I had multiple disruptions during my hr long conference call using BSNL internet. Eventually I switched to Airtel mobile hot spot and it worked quite well. No government can save any organization which fails to provide minimum QoS.