West Bengal and North East : Political Discussions

Wonder why he hasn't joined BJP yet...
If he had to join the BJP, he would've done that before the elections. I'm sure the BJP may have definitely sent feelers to him. After all he's the only known face of the Congress there who's continued to win elections on his own steam given that the Congress organization there is in shambles. Now, after he's been elected to head the Congress in the LS, that possibility has ended. It seems Adhir Ranjan Choudhary has yoked his future with that of the Congress. For better or for worse.

• Agree
Reactions: RATHORE
If he had to join the BJP, he would've done that before the elections. I'm sure the BJP may have definitely sent feelers to him. After all he's the only known face of the Congress there who's continued to win elections on his own steam given that the Congress organization there is in shambles. Now, after he's been elected to head the Congress in the LS, that possibility has ended. It seems Adhir Ranjan Choudhary has yoked his future with that of the Congress. For better or for worse.

Strange, and losing move.

Unfortunately the final list has been very disappointing to say the least. SC had diluted the condition so much and with so many indigenous people left out, he veracity of the NRC has completely degraded and the whole exercise was for nothing. This list will be eventually rejected by one and all...

With the kind of govt we have in the state and centre, I, personally was very hopeful that at least 90% accurate list will be published. Alas!!! Very disappointed and disgusted. Time may not give us another better opportunity to correct a 70 years old mistake... My hope for my beloved state has been brutally crushed and I'm at a loss of words...

Reactions: _Anonymous_
Unfortunately the final list has been very disappointing to say the least. SC had diluted the condition so much and with so many indigenous people left out, he veracity of the NRC has completely degraded and the whole exercise was for nothing. This list will be eventually rejected by one and all...

With the kind of govt we have in the state and centre, I, personally was very hopeful that at least 90% accurate list will be published. Alas!!! Very disappointed and disgusted. Time may not give us another better opportunity to correct a 70 years old mistake... My hope for my beloved state has been brutally crushed and I'm at a loss of words...
Let's see what the GoI will do in this matter. I personally don't think they're the kind to take this as a final defeat. To make matters worse, Ranjan Gogoi in in the chair of the CJI. One would've expected a better sensibility displayed in drafting up the methodology of the NRC from his end. After all he was the presiding judge who declared that the NRC be compiled.

Reactions: hembo