West Bengal and North East : Political Discussions

What can I say, the zeal of a convert has to be seen to be believed. Remember an old post where I wrote about racism of mainlanders towards NE folks is a problem, the reverse is also true but less discussed. Racism among NE folks themselves are never discussed but its very much there. Also remember I mentioned the contempt the converts show for others. The more news you read about the NE the more you will be able to understand what I meant.

From the article : "He also addressed the ethnic tension and upheaval between Mizos and Brus, both in Mizoram and Tripura. He also wrote that in case of any strain between the two communities in Tripura will no doubt have repercussions in Mizoram and vice versa."

I don't know vice -versa but the rest is true. The Reangs, Brus and Mizos form a small minority in Tripura. Tripura is small but we do have the second largest population in NE after Assam. Their inter tribe frictions won't make it to the mainstream political map of Tripura. The Mizoram CM knows it, hence the letter. If the issue was greatly problematic for us, there would be no need for open letters.

Reactions: _Anonymous_
The Mizos have a problem with the Chakmas too, very sad when considered that a large portion of their state was erstwhile Chakma territory. Not surprising then, that the states they feel comfortable in NE are the predominantly Hindu states of Tripura and Assam.

Talking of which, i personally feel that this is where our previous generation in Assam erred. The Nagas and the Mizos have built their state on the edifice of their religion, whilst we were more concerned with our language. As a result, the Assamese speaking Bangladeshi miya imposters have had the opportunity to propagate taking that advantage. Had we learnt our lessons from those states, keeping our religion, language and culture on the same pedestal we wouldn't be in this mess now where our brothers get murdered by 'peaceful' goons in broad daylight. Though i must add that the tide is changing for good..

The Mizos have a problem with the Chakmas too, very sad when considered that a large portion of their state was erstwhile Chakma territory. Not surprising then, that the states they feel comfortable in NE are the predominantly Hindu states of Tripura and Assam.

Talking of which, i personally feel that this is where our previous generation in Assam erred. The Nagas and the Mizos have built their state on the edifice of their religion, whilst we were more concerned with our language. As a result, the Assamese speaking Bangladeshi miya imposters have had the opportunity to propagate taking that advantage. Had we learnt our lessons from those states, keeping our religion, language and culture on the same pedestal we wouldn't be in this mess now where our brothers get murdered by 'peaceful' goons in broad daylight. Though i must add that the tide is changing for good..
Contrary to your assertions nothing is changing. The situation on the ground in Assam is very much what it has been throughout. Tomorrow if the NPR followed by the NRC is implemented those Assamese language & culture chauvinists will be back on the streets violently agitating against granting of citizenship to pre 2014 Bangladeshi Hindus whereas I think one can safely assume that the native Assamese populace - tribal or other wise are already a minority.

Contrary to your assertions nothing is changing. The situation on the ground in Assam is very much what it has been throughout. Tomorrow if the NPR followed by the NRC is implemented those Assamese language & culture chauvinists will be back on the streets violently agitating against granting of citizenship to pre 2014 Bangladeshi Hindus whereas I think one can safely assume that the native Assamese populace - tribal or other wise are already a minority.
I think that you are mistaken, we, of all other Indians, would welcome a foolproof NRC most, as it affects us more than other states. Well, not only us, the entire NE in fact.

I think that you are mistaken, we, of all other Indians, would welcome a foolproof NRC most, as it affects us more than other states. Well, not only us, the entire NE in fact.
How do you explain the anti CAA agitation in Assam by AASU & other Assamese organizations then?

How do you explain the anti CAA agitation in Assam by AASU & other Assamese organizations then?
CAA and NRC are two separate issues altogether. I don't necessarily subscribe to their idea of violent protests, but it must be mentioned that the jatiyotabadi organizations have a point too. Assam has imbibed more refugees compared to its native population, more than any other state. All we are asking is that no new Bangladeshi should come here, and in case of any such eventuality other states should share the burden.

Anyway, i am the wrong person to discuss this with, as i wholeheartedly support CAA like many others from my state(subject to riders)!

CAA and NRC are two separate issues altogether. I don't necessarily subscribe to their idea of violent protests, but it must be mentioned that the jatiyotabadi organizations have a point too. Assam has imbibed more refugees compared to its native population, more than any other state. All we are asking is that no new Bangladeshi should come here, and in case of any such eventuality other states should share the burden.

Anyway, i am the wrong person to discuss this with, as i wholeheartedly support CAA like many others from my state(subject to riders)!
The CAA was specifically brought in to accommodate the Bangladeshi Hindus & isolate the Bangladeshi Muslims in Assam irrespective of the spin the GoI may have given it & it is indeed linked to the NRC to be undertaken in Assam followed by the rest of India. You may also extend this line of reasoning to WB .

If it's your claim that the Assamese nationalists have a point, what exactly is their bone of contention but this that they do not want to accommodate the Bangladeshis irrespective of their religion. Their cut off date is 1971-72 as per the Assam accord whereas the CAA legalised citizenship of Bangladeshi Hindus & Buddhists before Dec 2014.

Last edited:
The CAA was specifically brought in to accommodate the Bangladeshi Hindus & isolate the Bangladeshi Muslims in Assam irrespective of the spin the GoI may have given it & it is indeed linked to the NRC to be undertaken in Assam followed by the rest of India. You may also extend this line of reasoning to WB .

If it's your claim that the Assamese nationalists have a point, what exactly is their bone of contention but this that they do not want to accommodate the Bangladeshis irrespective of their religion. Their cut off date is 1971-72 as per the Assam accord whereas the CAA legalised citizenship of Bangladeshi Hindus & Buddhists before Dec 2014.
The question about the bone of contention in your second para has been self answered in your subsequent sentence. For the jatiyotabadis, the cut off of 1971 is sacrosanct and they don't want any tinkering with that as they are hand-in-gloves with the Bangladeshi muslim organisations. They don't understand that the miyas are gnawing away at the bulwark of our society in Assam, and will pose more of a danger than the Bangladeshi Hindus ever will. Not for us, we respect the Assam Accord but understand that this is an evolving document and improvements can be made. If you ask an Assamese in the streets of Ghy today, he/she wouldn't hesitate to concede that the cutoff year of 1951 makes more sense(but even that may not be enough).

80 percent of our native population were wiped out couple of centuries back, first by a civil war(moamoria rebellion) and the rest by Burmese invasions and atrocities. We Assamese Hindus have a much lower TFR than the muslims, so there's no way we can win the demographic war imposed on us without the help of the Bangladeshi Hindus in Assam. Some of us appreciate this bare fact while the Assamese Nationalists have their heads shoved into their rears.

As for the first part of your post, for the umpteenth time CAA and NRC are not linked. Only the peacefuls and libturds think that way. CAA is an enabling piece of legislation on humanitarian grounds and it doesn't give a blanket citizenship cover. Whereas NRC will be(if it prospects) more like a national database of verified citizens like the CNIC of Pakiland.

Bangladeshi Hindus in Assam are only a subset of CAA beneficiary, do you know that it will help persecuted ethnic tribal minorities from BD get citizenship too.

For the jatiyotabadis, the cut off of 1971 is sacrosanct and they don't want any tinkering with that as they are hand-in-gloves with the Bangladeshi muslim organisations.
How would this benefit the miyas? A good deal of them infiltrated after 1971 .

Some of us appreciate this bare fact while the Assamese Nationalists have their heads shoved into their rears.
The sheer nuisance value & street power these organizations can muster can't be dismissed off hand. After all they did command a sizeable following & paralysed the state during the Assam agitation.

As for the first part of your post, for the umpteenth time CAA and NRC are not linked. Only the peacefuls and libturds think that way. CAA is an enabling piece of legislation on humanitarian grounds and it doesn't give a blanket citizenship cover. Whereas NRC will be(if it prospects) more like a national database of verified citizens like the CNIC of Pakiland.

Bangladeshi Hindus in Assam are only a subset of CAA beneficiary, do you know that it will help persecuted ethnic tribal minorities from BD get citizenship too.
Let's agree to disagree.
WTF ?!?! A baby ! How the hell do you do this to a baby ?

There's some confusion. Apparently the husband of the woman in the pic had his throat slit by miyas due to an altercation, not the child.

There's some confusion. Apparently the husband of the woman in the pic had his throat slit by miyas due to an altercation, not the child.
The perpetrators were Bihari origin muslims not miyas, but we get the drift. Many centuries back my ancestors showed mercy to those knobheads after defeating them in wars and this is how these ingrates repay us.

Moot point being, the Ms are the same whether they are miyas or other ethnicities. Look at our Axomiya muslim brothers as an example, their way of life once was virtually indistinguishable from us, but now they too have descended into the filth. Even after being ethnically and culturally subjugated by the miyas, they would probably side with them and not us.

After 1971, a huge number of Bihari muslims from BD also came to Eastern/NE India apart from the BD miyas. Those are the real scums, thoroughly believed in the ideology of Porkyland. Think of themselves as the descendants of Afghans and Turks. They have no place being here, each of those c unts need to be weeded out.

Reactions: _Anonymous_
How would this benefit the miyas? A good deal of them infiltrated after 1971 .
There is a term we use for those dimwits- 'Chanda party'. They don't give a hoot about our language and culture. Do you think the miyas would continue to mention Assamese as their mother tongue once they cross the majority threshold? Everything they do benifit their own pockets and the miyas. Very sad! They would be booted into obscurity very soon.

You ought to follow this guy @Gautam

His knowledge on the various tribes of the NE, Hindu Muslim relations in India & Indonesia is unmatched . Here he's getting flak from the Mizo Christians.
If you are a nationalist Indian, you ought to be disappointed. I have had online interactions with him, backs up his opinions with hard facts but he's a strong Assamese nationalist though not from Assam. His tribe ruled over a major chunk of lower Assam and North Bengal.