US Military Updates & Discussions

Looks like this is part of a larger trend. Multiple handles on Twitter are reporting this.

My own personal experience with batch mates, ex colleagues,relatives, friends etc confirms it.

Looks like most white collar workers have had a bit of an epiphany during the pandemic & quit their jobs with no plans in the immediate future of seeking employment instead trying to see the grand purpose behind the lives they've lead & wish to lead .

Ofc this is a privileged group we're talking about who're asset heavy, mortgage lite with a decent investment cum saving portfolio.

But the sheer numbers are mind boggling.
We'll see more of this. People are consciously or subconsciously sensing the sheer uselessness of aspects of life which have been sold to us and what we lapped up unthinkingly. We never realised that too much information can also lead to a society thriving on post-truth.

We'll see more of this. People are consciously or subconsciously sensing the sheer uselessness of aspects of life which have been sold to us and what we lapped up unthinkingly. We never realised that too much information can also lead to a society thriving on post-truth.
Mostly true of the US not so much in Europe or India or even Australia or Canada.

Mostly true of the US not so much in Europe or India or even Australia or Canada.
Possibly true. I think that this is because US is the ultimate developed capitalist society and so many people are getting tired. Indians are still the new kids on the block. But given the excessive pressure being imposed by the private industry while its general output processes are still quite inefficient, i sure that we'll join the bandwagon sooner than later. Of course initially only some will have that privilege.

Last edited:
Possibly true. I think that this is because US is the ultimate developed capitalist society and so many people are getting tired. Indians are still the new kids on the block. But given the excessive pressure being imposed by the private industry while its general output processes are still quite inefficient, i sure that we'll join the bandwagon sooner than later. Of course initially only some will have that privilege.
Well, part of it is due to the relative stress free life in the EU including GB & Australia. It's been 9-5 there for quite some time for most jobs unlike the US where work hours are irregular & stressful for most white collar jobs. Plus with the hire & fire culture there's no emotional bond per se with a company. In that respect we seem to be emulating the US

However, I don't think people quitting their jobs en masse causing a glut on the market is going to be an issue in the near to distant future in India partly because of our young demographic. People like commodites come cheap & are disposable. You'd find a dime a dozen.

The US is different in that folks with skill levels are limited, hence immigration which in turn has political ramifications plus the remuneration is higher, hence outsourcing.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: thinkingcap81