US - Iran Flare Up

Lol how by killing Iranians? No Americans were on that flight. Out 176 , 90 odd were Iranian , 50-60 were Canadian Iranian

Well that iranians need to answer. But this was not a human error. The aircraft was in visual range, one can see from videos, and some one who sits on the radar can differentiate between a passenger aircraft or fighter aircraft that too just few 5-6 minutes into flight after take off. They might have chose that flight which had the highest number of westerners. Or they were waiting for other flight but shot this one.

EOCCUnGW4AA2tV4.jpg

Why would it bother them? Abraham was a Jew and Islam is an Abrahamic faith right?:D
Jews don't consider Mohamed to be a Prophet leave alone the last Prophet , Paddy. Muslims do.May I recommend reading up on the basics of any religion before commenting. Even material as flawed as Wikipedia will serve as a primer before moving on. It's really tedious & embarrassing schooling you out here. I mean you may be used to being schooled out here there & everywhere. But I'm not used to schooling middle aged idiots.

Jews don't consider Mohamed to be a Prophet leave alone the last Prophet , Paddy. Muslims do.May I recommend reading up on the basics of any religion before commenting. Even material as flawed as Wikipedia will serve as a primer before moving on. It's really tedious & embarrassing schooling you out here. I mean you may be used to being schooled out here there & everywhere. But I'm not used to schooling middle aged idiots.
But sure Muslims love Jews with Islam being an Abrahamic faith, i.e. based on the Old Testament/Torah.

Just accept that Islam isn't really an Abrahamic faith at all.

There is lot more to this plane shooting than that's in public domain.
Right, so the US jammed their entire C4ISR network so badly that it caused a lone Tor system to shoot down an airliner which had only just taken off from their own airport.

It was too low for a fighter jet and too high for a cruise missile. And a cruise missile would not be climbing away from Iran's capital.

Last edited:
Protests pile pressure on Iran after admission of plane strike

January 11, 2020, 11:12 PM GMT

• dc214104c96fe7391b6d44cf8929f7b5
  • 87f7d99aa89631c1f0ef6e4ac76eb8a1
  • 96241f9dad195e3a9f9ac8370710995d
1 / 10

Iranian people gather to show their sympathy to the victims of the crash of the Boeing 737-800 plane, flight PS 752, in TehranMore
By Parisa Hafezi

DUBAI (Reuters) - Iranian protesters and newspapers piled pressure on the country's leadership and riot police stepped up their presence in Tehran on Sunday after Iran's military admitted that it had mistakenly shot down a Ukrainian airliner.

Riot police fired teargas at thousands of Iranians who had taken to the streets late on Saturday in the capital and other cities, many chanting "Death to the dictator", directing their anger at Iran's top authority, Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei.

Reports of the protests were carried by state-affiliated news agencies, while video clips circulated on social media.

Tehran residents told Reuters that police had stepped up their presence in the capital on Sunday morning.

"Apologise and resign," Iran's moderate Etemad daily wrote in a banner headline on Sunday, saying the "people's demand" was for those responsible for mishandling the plane crisis to quit.

All 176 people aboard the flight, many of them Iranians with dual citizenship, were killed.

Protests erupted after Saturday's admission that the military accidentally shot down the Ukraine International Airlines plane minutes after take off on Wednesday, when Iranian forces were alert for U.S. reprisals after tit-for-tat strikes.

For days, Iranian officials had vigorously denied it was to blame, even as Canada, which had 57 citizens on the flight, and the United States said their intelligence indicated an Iranian missile was to blame, albeit probably fired in error.

Iran's president said it was a "disastrous mistake" and apologised. But a top Revolutionary Guards commander added to public anger about the delayed admission, when he said he had told the authorities a missile hit the plane the day it crashed.

CHALLENGES

Another moderate daily Jomhuri-ye Eslami, or Islamic Republic, wrote in an editorial: "Those who delayed publishing the reason behind the plane crash and damaged people's trust in the establishment should be dismissed or should resign."

Criticism of the authorities in Iran is not unusual, but it tends to stay in narrow boundaries.

The press attacks and protests add to challenges facing the establishment, which in November faced the country's bloodiest unrest since the 1979 Islamic revolution.

As Saturday's protests spread across Iran, including major cities such as Shiraz, Isfahan, Hamedan and Orumiyeh, U.S. President Donald Trump said on Twitter: "We are following your protests closely, and are inspired by your courage."

"There can not be another massacre of peaceful protesters, nor an internet shutdown. The world is watching," he said, posting his tweets in both Farsi and English.

Britain said its ambassador in Iran had been briefly detained on Saturday by the authorities in Tehran. A news agency said he was detained outside a university for inciting protests.

Condemning the arrest, British Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said Iran "can continue its march towards pariah status ... or take steps to de-escalate tensions and engage in a diplomatic path forwards."

Protests inside Iran followed a build up of tension between Iran and the United States, which withdrew from Tehran's nuclear pact with world powers in 2018 and then re-imposed sanctions that have steadily crippled the Iranian economy.

'HORRIFIC'

On Jan. 3, a U.S. drone strike in Iraq killed prominent Iranian commander Qassem Soleimani, responsible for building up Iran's network of regional proxy armies in Iraq and beyond, and Tehran responded with missile strikes on U.S. targets in Iraq.

No U.S. soldiers were killed, but in the tense hours after that, the Ukrainian Boeing 737 was cleared to take off from Tehran airport and then brought down by a missile fired in error by an operator who mistook the plane for an attacker.

"Shooting down a civilian aircraft is horrific. Iran must take full responsibility," Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said.

Trudeau said Iranian President Hassan Rouhani had committed to collaborating with Canadian investigators, working to de-escalate tensions in the region and continuing a dialogue.

Rallying to the establishment, Iranian lawmakers praised the elite force's commanders for courage in admitting the error, according to Fars, a news agency seen as close to the Guards, a parallel military set up to protect the theocratic system.

Iranian officials sought to portray the plane disaster as a second blow to a mourning nation after Soleimani's death in a U.S. drone strike.

Soleimani's funeral had prompted huge public gatherings, which the authorities described a show of national unity. But the displays of emotion have been swiftly overshadowed and protesters on Saturday tore up pictures of the slain general.

Public fury at Iran's authorities had grown as questions about the plane crash mounted. Iranians on social media asked why officials were busy fending off criticism from abroad rather than sympathising with grieving families. Others asked why the plane was allowed to take off at a time of high tension.

A very interesting situation. We (i.e. @nair and few more of us) had delved on this in the older forum. A world of opportunities open up for India. If played right.

Unlike the popular misconception, Mr Trump is not the fool that everyone takes him to be.

Honestly, what will be the targets for the Iranians? US bases in Iraq? US, under him, will be happy to get out of it on the pretext that the present dispensation has asked US to quit.

This serves his and ironically US' interests in 02 ways:

1. Draw down of troops, something that the US public wants and he fought an election on.
2. Allows for a situation wherein Iran will also target US facilities in the GCC countries. That shall force the Saudis to act. Situation becomes interesting for Saudis and the GCC alliance as they shall have to either get involved in Iraq (if US forces withdraw) directly or indirectly and also open up another front against Iran from Pakistan (Baluchistan angle). This also pits Iranians and Pakistanis against each other, with the latter having no option but to side with KSA on this, thereby pitting Pakistan against Iran in Afghanistan as also opening up a can of worms in Baluchistan and Baluchistan-Sistan region. And we all know why that serves US' interests too (CPEC)

It is something we predicted will be the action by US. With Turkey at loggerheads with Iran in Syria, with Saudi Arabia in Libya, this will effectively put the so called Islamic world against one another.

Well played indeed.

@nair damn ... we need to go poke our friends on our west with a 'we told you so' post on the relevant thread !!!
I agree sir that if this happens then it will be an ideal situation for us. But sadly that is not going to happen.
Untill MBZ holds the reign of UAE no war is going to be fought b/w Gulf countries and Iran.
The best bet for US is to go for a regime change in Iran and bring back a secular government of Shah or even Rouhani would be sufficient for it provided the demise of Ayatollah. The new regime will be hugely leaned towards west in exchange of lifting of economic sanctions, It will also have cordial relationship with Gulf and even Israel.
This will effectively close the door of ME for China. Turkey will get sidelined in ME politics and may even find itself engaged in a bloody conflict against proxies in Libya and Syria.
I would like to take the liberty of predicting two more things :-
Advent of an independent Kurdish nation.
All the opposition of Assad's regime by western powers through proxies taken back.

Reactions: Hellfire
Do you think that Iran shooting down the airliner has provided US forces in Iraq a breather...? Because, I think were it not for the downed jet, Iranian backed PMU, would have already started sustained bombardment of US bases in Iraq...

Do you think that Iran shooting down the airliner has provided US forces in Iraq a breather...? Because, I think were it not for the downed jet, Iranian backed PMU, would have already started sustained bombardment of US bases in Iraq...
No sir. The whole sequence of events was carefully planned and in no ways Iran was going to do something which could escalate into full scale war. The shooting down of plane happened due to fog of war but if Iran had decided to go all out then this incident could have hardly prevented it from doing so.
Regarding to the bombing of US bases by Iranian proxies they are still doing it on a daily basis.
Iranian regime has now adopted a long term strategy to force US pull out from the countries that are in Iranian influence. And this is the first step by making ME too hot for US forces through proxies. Second is to use the influence it has on other governments of ME and force them to pass resolution to order US forces to pull out from their respective countries. We have already seen that in Iraq.
But despite all that Iranian leadership will not succeed as there is going to be a regime change in Iran much before the fruition of all these plans.

Reactions: BlackOpsIndia
Iran plane crash: Video appears to show two missiles striking jet - CNN

Video appears to show two missiles striking Ukrainian passenger plane over Iran
I thought they thought it was a cruise missile??? It takes two missiles to bring down a cruise missile?
Weren't earlier reports amply clear as to the reason why the Ukrainian plane crashed, Paddy? Those reports clearly mentioned SAMs were fired. Later, the Iranian government admitted to the same. What's with your BS speculations as to Cruise missiles being fired?

I thought they thought it was a cruise missile??? It takes two missiles to bring down a cruise missile?
To increase kill probability. Sometimes missiles with different seeker mechanism are combined in a volley. One having radar seeker and one having IR seeker.

To increase kill probability. Sometimes missiles with different seeker mechanism are combined in a volley. One having radar seeker and one having IR seeker.

The Iranian Radar operators are stupid

That plane was climbing and a big plane must appear different than a small missile on the Radar

And what about the transponder of a Civilian plane

They must have hit it by a Manpad

The Iranian Radar operators are stupid

That plane was climbing and a big plane must appear different than a small missile on the Radar

And what about the transponder of a Civilian plane

They must have hit it by a Manpad
With blood of 160 civilians, they can never claim any salvation. Heck, they should have stopped ALL air traffic and planned ahead. They were attackers, lol. They had all the time in the world to plan it.

Reactions: Abhay rajput
After Iran fired those missiles at US bases ,19 flights had taken off , this was not the only one

New Video Shows Two Iranian Missiles Hit Ukrainian Plane
Tells you about the professionalism of "Revolutionary Guards". It was asking for trouble.

@vstol Jockey You seem to have some idea about civil aviation too. How hard will it be for person(s) with right authorization to walk into ATC and ask them to stop all flights from taking off? I doubt it can be "Jammed" but any means.

Last edited: