News US begins troops withdrawl from Afghanistan

It's a matter of nuances. The Taliban itself isn't a homogeneous group. You may see this exercise as us probing the Taliban. I believe as far as the Taliban goes with the US out of Afghanistan , you'd see a coalescing of Iranian , Indian & Russian interests along with that of the CAR sthans.

nope, operational forces, the ones that actually are marching into cities and villages remain - Hekymetyaar's hizb e islami faction, and elite units derived from the Haqqani faction. This is straight-up ISI-handled forces on the ground.
What this means is that we'd have relied as much on US & Iranian prodding the Taliban to enter into talks with India as well as the latter's inputs on the Taliban plus the Taliban itself may have had elements who wish to talk to India .

would love to be wrong and everyone else here right, history will repeat itself, not that I feel Pakistan will gain huge dividends from talibunnies, but at the end of it goes back to being a back office of ISI with potent enough firepower to be used against India.

India mismanaged it's Afghanistan program by being cheap as always. In the coming years, it will have to pay through its nose.

It's a matter of nuances. The Taliban itself isn't a homogeneous group. You may see this exercise as us probing the Taliban. I believe as far as the Taliban goes with the US out of Afghanistan , you'd see a coalescing of Iranian , Indian & Russian interests along with that of the CAR sthans.

What this means is that we'd have relied as much on US & Iranian prodding the Taliban to enter into talks with India as well as the latter's inputs on the Taliban plus the Taliban itself may have had elements who wish to talk to India .

Ultimately ISI will try its best to decide who the Afghans can have a friendly relationship and to what extent

Infact that is also in our interest

The more the Pakistanis interfere in Afghanistan , the greater will be the blowback -- Both from the West and within Afghanistan

• Agree
Reactions: _Anonymous_
We worked within our budgetary capacities

Did we, really. Think about it.

Making infrastructure also has cost us a
Lot of money
Did our strategy foresee US withdrawal, what contingencies did we build?

Secondly our Military assistance to Afghanistan has always angered Pakistan
So, Why do need to give a shit about pakistan's sentiments.
Pakistan has always said that it Supports Taliban for having an Afghanistan free
From Indian influence
And we should have used that along with Afhan NDS/foriegn office with individuals like Anrullah Saleh to take Pakistanis to the cleaners at the UN.

In future when US think tanks and Geo strategic experts analyse US failure and Pakistani support to Taliban , India will also be dragged into the debate
Taliban victory is going to be imminent, at least we should hold our moral position. I say if the Afghan government is routed, house the Afghan government in exile in India. The moral position will put us at loggerheads with Pakistan and the Taliban, we still remain the only force that has the moral position of anti-jihadi's in the region. If Pakistan uses the Taliban in Kashmir which it definitely will, it further delegitimises Pakistans position on Kashmir.

India mismanaged it's Afghanistan program by being cheap as always. In the coming years, it will have to pay through its nose.

The Question Afghan Taliban and Pashtuns will ask is how many of them are willing to die for Kashmir

10 thousand or 20 thousand

And what will The Punjabi Muslims do while we rain 10 thousand 155 mm shells on POK per day

The Question Afghan Taliban and Pashtuns will ask is how many of them are willing to die for Kashmir

10 thousand or 20 thousand

And what will The Punjabi Muslims do while we rain 10 thousand 155 mm shells on POK per day
A lot of them, If they can wrangle 500 of them and 100 can make it through the border to blow themselves up , there are enough handlers to keep IA busy for the next 5 years. Do not underestimate jihadi brainwashing. If they had that kind of logic they wouldn't be fighting in the ranks of taliban to begin with.

Taliban victory is going to be imminent, at least we should hold our moral position.

F**k morality

Invest in More Artillery

I want 10 thousand 155 mm shells per day on POK for a week , as soon as Taliban gather in the launch pads

F**k morality

Invest in More Artillery

I want 10 thousand 155 mm shells per day on POK for a week , as soon as Taliban gather in the launch pads
Ohh that's a different story altogether. The forces in the corridor of investment will only invest where they can get the biggest commision.

We are here in this state after *censored*ing morality for decades. The festering problem of Pakistan could have been resolved ages ago, right?

Reactions: AbRaj and jetray
nope, operational forces, the ones that actually are marching into cities and villages remain - Hekymetyaar's hizb e islami faction, and elite units derived from the Haqqani faction. This is straight-up ISI-handled forces on the ground.
Hasn't Hikmatyar tied up with the Government of Afghanistan ( GoA) ? In any case , he's a spent force & I never stated that the Taliban aren't on the move.

My larger point was in some ways this is a repeat of the early 90's . Let's not forget that when the Soviets withdrew in 1989 , Najeeb & his men fought ably for close to 3 yrs to keep the Mujahideen at bay. What did the latter in was the collapse of the USSR & it's bankruptcy . Massoud & his men lost to the Taliban - True. The Taliban was staffed with ex & serving ISI / PA elements to a large degree - True.

I don't see this time as being any different. Hence my statement that we'd see a coalescing of Iranian Indian & Russian interests.

would love to be wrong and everyone else here right, history will repeat itself, not that I feel Pakistan will gain huge dividends from talibunnies, but at the end of it goes back to being a back office of ISI with potent enough firepower to be used against India.
Indian response would be predicated on how far & fast the Taliban advance . How effective a defence the present GoA mounts & to what extent the latter can stave off the collapse of their administration . The latter depends a great deal on how far the US is willing to support the GoA with money & arms . To that extent , India needn't expend it's resources & can claim neutrality in that sense to the Taliban.

In the event of the worst case scenario that the Taliban do capture the entire country , we'd closely see how they respond to India . We've already shut down our consulates in Jalalabad & Herat . This leaves us with the embassy in Kabul & possibly two functioning consulates in Kandahar & Mazar I Sharif. A good deal of how the Taliban behave would be clear in that if they acquiesce to Pakistan's demands that we shut down all our consulates.

Beyond that it's the usual usage of expendables thru infiltration in Kashmir.

I think our security establishment has already gamed these scenarios. I'd be very surprised if they haven't.

Let's face it . Our role there was always limited. There's only so much we can do without sharing a land border with Afghanistan.

Last edited:
A lot of them, If they can wrangle 500 of them and 100 can make it through the border to blow themselves up , there are enough handlers to keep IA busy for the next 5 years. Do not underestimate jihadi brainwashing. If they had that kind of logic they wouldn't be fighting in the ranks of taliban to begin with.
Insurgencies such as Taliban and that in Kashmir are defeated by heavy application of manpower along with firepower

Men have to fight and Kill Men in a Direct and Close quarter Battles

US needed 1 million men in Afghanistan

That was not possible

We have enough men and Guns on LOC

Insurgencies such as Taliban and that in Kashmir are defeated by heavy application of manpower along with firepower

Men have to fight and Kill Men in a Direct and Close quarter Battles

US needed 1 million men in Afghanistan

That was not possible

We have enough men and Guns on LOC
We need to pay back pakistan in the same coin and make them pay a higher price. Its pretty stupid to fall into the trap set by them. Their entire idea is to tie up our forces.

We are here in this state after *censored*ing morality for decades.
Its not morality its incompetence & dont care attitude with equal contributions. Problem is unless the politicians are directly affected no action is taken. Who cares if kashmir burns or if any soldier dies, its just statistics for them. We wake up only when some incident takes place.

To hell with morality , we need to flip sides and support taliban. It might sound like stupid idea but in reality taliban sooner or later will try spreading their influence in pakistan all we need to do is give a bit of push by supporting them. Sooner or later talibunnies & pakistan will be at each others throats.

Its not morality its incompetence & dont care attitude with equal contributions. Problem is unless the politicians are directly affected no action is taken. Who cares if kashmir burns or if any soldier dies, its just statistics for them. We wake up only when some incident takes place.

To hell with morality , we need to flip sides and support taliban. It might sound like stupid idea but in reality taliban sooner or later will try spreading their influence in pakistan all we need to do is give a bit of push by supporting them. Sooner or later talibunnies & pakistan will be at each others throats.
Except we forget, Taliban on it's own was/is/will be nothing without ISI/Pakmil Support.

Most defence enthusiasts here know the etymology of Taliban, it wouldn't hurt us to remind ourselves what Taliban is.

We need to pay back pakistan in the same coin and make them pay a higher price. Its pretty stupid to fall into the trap set by them. Their entire idea is to tie up our forces.
Payback.

Yes, we here, a small congregation of enthusiasts who have studied, the recent timeline, want payback. Soldiers on the front want payback, families who have lost life and limb want payback, but what about corridors of power.

Forget insurgent groups and rebels within pakistan; Indian government will not even subsidize export items which can kill Pakistani exports. Look at most of the textile stocks, have been on a downhill since the last decade. What stops Indian government to subsidize spices, textiles, garments and device a stretegy to root out Pakistan. If anything this dispensation was more than happy to bail out Pakistanis by exporting them cheap cotton.

Payback is far from reality, lets hope the government doesn't bend over backwards to appease Pakistan.

We have fantastic leaders like siddhu who were posting Pakistani mandi rates for vegetables and grains, to point at trade normalization.

Reactions: AbRaj
Payback.

Yes, we here, a small congregation of enthusiasts who have studied, the recent timeline, want payback. Soldiers on the front want payback, families who have lost life and limb want payback, but what about corridors of power.

Forget insurgent groups and rebels within pakistan; Indian government will not even subsidize export items which can kill Pakistani exports. Look at most of the textile stocks, have been on a downhill since the last decade. What stops Indian government to subsidize spices, textiles, garments and device a stretegy to root out Pakistan. If anything this dispensation was more than happy to bail out Pakistanis by exporting them cheap cotton.

Payback is far from reality, lets hope the government doesn't bend over backwards to appease Pakistan.

We have fantastic leaders like siddhu who were posting Pakistani mandi rates for vegetables and grains, to point at trade normalization.

Sir , please dont mind me asking
But I want to know what do you gain
By Arguing with the Evil Pakistanis on
P-D-F , especially that mofo and SOB called Oscar or SQ8

Sir , please dont mind me asking
But I want to know what do you gain
By Arguing with the Evil Pakistanis on
P-D-F , especially that mofo and SOB called Oscar or SQ8
At least he doesn’t act like a troll feed for degenerate PuDF masses unlike dozens of guys like that HostileGa#du,Cutiya1,2,3 , HIVPOSITIVE,Chu***yaspokesmen etc who gets orgasms by getting abused again and again by the scums. You guys just can’t live without your daily dose of pakii degeneracy.
I never understood why they have so much urge for posting on PuDF and if they can’t help but post something, why get involved in mental masturbation. I mean why not just post and let the degenerates sulk in the agony.

Then again it’s a fact that we have much higher number of morons and mentally challenged people to understand this.

Last edited:
Reactions: STEPHEN COHEN