United States Navy (USN) : News & Discussions

Super Hornet jet blown off carrier Harry S. Truman during rough weather​

A Navy F/A-18 Super Hornet jet “blew overboard” and off the deployed aircraft carrier Harry S. Truman Friday due to intense winds and heavy rain in the Mediterranean Sea, officials said Sunday.

The incident happened while the carrier was conducting an at-sea replenishment.

All I could do when I heard this.

Someone is going to do some brig time... But if this sailor is non-binary trans it will likely get promoted for bravery.

• Haha
Reactions: RISING SUN and BMD

How good is the naval engineering capabilities of USN. That retired vessels took multiple hit to sink.

In today's world to even disable any warship we will need to salvo fire 4-5 anti ship weapons.
It took two old subsonic antiship missiles to disable and a day later sink a huge cruiser. USN ships are made to take a beating for obvious reasons which one reason happens to be that sometimes we get morons for captains that like to crash into subs and other ships.

We arent so far from WW2 when sinking a carrier was one hell of a job.
It's the separate water-tight compartments that make it difficult, you need to flood several of them to sink the ship. Much easier to go for a mission kill. All WW2 armour brought was extra weight, meaning less offensive capability. Armour is not going to stop a missile with a 200-1000kg warhead.

This is the state of affairs of the USN. A minor storm in the tea cup near the aptly named China Lake in the Mediterranean & a Super Hornet is blown overboard.

The Chinese would be laughing their arses off. Why? Coz the East & South China Sea are known for storms much more severe than the Mediterranean can ever conjure up. They're called typhoons. And sometimes they escalate to super typhoons. Google it sweetie, for I'm damn sure dyslexic retard that you are you'd think why the heck is he bringing up tycoons here. Besides he's misspelt the word.

I sincerely hope the USN doesn't spend 37 days like it did a few months earlier salvaging the Lightning it lost in the SCS. That would be like rubbing salt in ones wounds. It's precisely this kind of preparation that gives actors like China the impression that the US is a declining power just like Russia & the latter did what they just carried out a few months ago in Ukraine, something unthinkable a decade earlier. Then again so decade earlier the JSF didn't exist & everybody including the Chinese were anxiously awaiting their entry into service to see if it'd live up to it's inflated reputation. They must Guffawing at the competence of the USN now. @Innominate

You must have been angry then really hurt that YOU of all people would be ban. Your first ban on this forum and it's due because I got under your skin. :ROFLMAO:
5th or 6th ban in as many years. No, you weren't responsible as much as my altercation with another member & the moderator's idiosyncrasies involving videos which can or cannot be linked here. The way I see it - His site, his rules ( after all he pays for it's upkeep) unlike the mushy talk we were given 5 yrs ago about it being "Our Forum " . If not comfortable will shift to a more neutral platform viz the bird app where most of the action is happening, which I have .
Just look at what you've become.... How sad. It's like you want the mods to desperately beg you not to stay away and admit to everyone here it was a horrid mistake to ban such a je ne sais quoi member like you. Poor boy. :LOL:
Actually there are 5-6 members with you & Paddy at the top of the list who'd like to see me gone for good including the management here. I figured why give them the pleasure. Let them do what needs to be done.

As far as you're concerned you sure are very flexible. When asked to bend, only you can pull off such a flex ( pun Intended ) that you manage to miss your own backside as only you can & as reflected in every post you make including the one here. Everything about you is about I , me, myself. I've no doubt you'd give even the most conceited narcissist a run for his money.

Je ne sais quoi is something you'd never be charged with.

BTW nice try at sounding erudite with that bit of French here not betraying your trailer park background & mongrel ancestry for once . I'd put it down to all your interaction with the cultured & sophisticated French members here who turn their noses up at anything & everything American however classy it may be which sort of completely rules you out & my own efforts at curing a complete vulgarian like you. The latter hasn't been in vain, I see. All the more reason for me to stick around. Lucky you!!

Toodles for now.

• Haha
Reactions: Innominate
1658514668313.png

Reactions: SammyBoi