U.K - News, Updates & Discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cut the comedy, Paddy else the Chinese will ensure none of the British ships cross the Suez into the Bab el Mendheb straits. In dummy terms no UK ships go past the Red Sea courtesy Chinese base in Djibouti.

You had your pants taken off by the moth eaten Iranian regime & their rag tag militia for crying out loud.
Yes, let them try take on NATO in that territory. They won't do nearly as well as on Battlefield IV I can assure you and that base won't last long after it's been carpet bombed with cruise missiles.

• Haha
Reactions: _Anonymous_
Yes, let them try take on NATO in that territory. They won't do nearly as well as on Battlefield IV I can assure you and that base won't last long after it's been carpet bombed with cruise missiles.
Why NATO, Paddy? Is the formerly "Great" Britain afraid of getting a spanking were it to confront China on its own? Why, just over a150 years ago you won the Opium war against them, with a great deal of Indian support , one must add , without which you'd be as helpless as you're today.

Why NATO, Paddy? Is the formerly "Great" Britain afraid of getting a spanking were it to confront China on its own? Why, just over a150 years ago you won the Opium war against them, with a great deal of Indian support , one must add , without which you'd be as helpless as you're today.
Why was an alliance against Saddam Hussein in the first Gulf War? China's only a naval power in the SCS.

Why was an alliance against Saddam Hussein in the first Gulf War? China's only a naval power in the SCS.
You'd have to ask the US that. But then that's the US. They could conjure up an alliance. Who's ever going to stick their neck out for a cold damp miserable decrepit & increasingly insignificant isle in the back of the beyond?

You'd have to ask the US that. But then that's the US. They could conjure up an alliance. Who's ever going to stick their neck out for a cold damp miserable decrepit & increasingly insignificant isle in the back of the beyond?
Plenty, if China start interfering with traffic through the Suez Canal. Can't see Egypt or Saudi Arabia being too happy about that either.

• Haha
Plenty, if China start interfering with traffic through the Suez Canal. Can't see Egypt or Saudi Arabia being too happy about that either.
You think KSA can counter China. Lol 😝.They're another version of the UK, paddy. They couldn't handle a rag tag bunch of underarmed undersized urchins in their backyard. As far as Egypt is concerned, why would they be interested? Pls check out the location of Bab El Mendheb straits, will you. And for the umpteenth time, pls desist from commenting on geo political events with immediate effect.

You think KSA can counter China. Lol 😝.They're another version of the UK, paddy. They couldn't handle a rag tag bunch of underarmed undersized urchins in their backyard. As far as Egypt is concerned, why would they be interested? Pls check out the location of Bab El Mendheb straits, will you. And for the umpteenth time, pls desist from commenting on geo political events with immediate effect.
In that specific region yes. It would be a suicidal move for China to start a war there. China's a big deal in its neighbourhood, but elsewhere it isn't.

Why would Egypt be interested? Well it's their canal you dipshit, they collect revenue on ships passing through, no ships, no revenue. So if China were to start meddling with that, then they wouldn't be happy. I suspect China would find itself on the wrong side of an Arab coalition, as well as a NATO one. It would be the single dumbest move anyone's made since Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait.

In that specific region yes. It would be a suicidal move for China to start a war there. China's a big deal in its neighbourhood, but elsewhere it isn't.

Why would Egypt be interested? Well it's their canal you dipshit, they collect revenue on ships passing through, no ships, no revenue. So if China were to start meddling with that, then they wouldn't be happy. I suspect China would find itself on the wrong side of an Arab coalition, as well as a NATO one. It would be the single dumbest move anyone's made since Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait.
Was referring to the Bab el Mendheb straits. This lies after the Suez Canal as the Red Sea opens into the Indian Ocean, you bullock. The Suez Canal is Egypt's responsibility not what lies & happens after it. Let's not even discuss KSA. Now, any more brain dead theories you want flushed , Paddy . Go ahead, make my day, punk.

Was referring to the Bab el Mendheb straits. This lies after the Suez Canal as the Red Sea opens into the Indian Ocean, you bullock. The Suez Canal is Egypt's responsibility not what lies & happens after it. Let's not even discuss KSA. Now, any more brain dead theories you want flushed , Paddy . Go ahead, make my day, punk.
If the strait is closed the canal is effectively closed too. What do you think people will do, pay to go through the canal and then turn back, pay to go through again, and then go all the way round? :rolleyes: It would also increase the cost of petroleum products made with Gulf oil, it would be the quickest route China could take to a complete kicking.

If the strait is closed the canal is effectively closed too. What do you think people will do, pay to go through the canal and then turn back, pay to go through again, and then go all the way round? :rolleyes:
We were referring to ships from the UK not other nations. You stop repaying Chinese debt. You cross the straits into the Indian Ocean. Ka boom.

We were referring to ships from the UK not other nations. You stop repaying Chinese debt. You cross the straits into the Indian Ocean. Ka boom.
We're a major part of the Western economy, and a major customer of the Suez, so there's nobody going to stand for it. Chinese made this mess itself, and it must pay for it.

Great way for China to lose some aircraft carriers though, would pave the way for a Taiwanese independence declaration.

• Haha
We're a major part of the Western economy, and a major customer of the Suez, so there's nobody going to stand for it. Chinese made this mess itself, and it must pay for it.

Great way for China to lose some aircraft carriers though, would pave the way for a Taiwanese independence declaration.
Let me correct you Paddy. Were a major part of the Western economy & a major customer of the Suez. Not since Brexit.
Note - the Egyptians didn't even consider the Typhoon.They plumbed for the Rafale - lock stock & Barrel. That's what ex colonies think of the UK - a has been running on empty.

Post Brexit, Johnson is desperately trying to land an FTA with whoever it is who'd have the UK & he's prettyyyyy desperate.

Well, there's a saying out here when one sees a motionless snake in one's path. Is it real? Is it alive?
The phrase is - stretch your hand out to feel it. If it strikes it's real & alive.

The analogy being UK should be man enough to stop repaying Chinese debts. And we all know the UK isn't man enough to do so. They'd soil their collective underpants at the very thought. Move on to something more plausible, Paddy.

Last edited:
Let me correct you Paddy. Were a major part of the Western economy & a major customer of the Suez. Not since Brexit.
Note - the Egyptians didn't even consider the Typhoon.They plumbed for the Rafale - lock stock & Barrel. That's what ex colonies think of the UK - a has been running on empty.

Post Brexit, Johnson is desperately trying to land an FTA with whoever it is who'd have the UK & he's prettyyyyy desperate.

Well, there's a saying out here when one sees a motionless snake in one's path. Is it real? Is it alive?
The phrase is - stretch your hand out to feel it. If it strikes it's real & alive.

The analogy being UK should be man enough to stop repaying Chinese debts. And we all know the UK isn't man enough to do so. They'd soil their collective underpants at the very thought. Move on to something more plausible, Paddy.
The UK is still a major part of the Western economy, with or without Brexit. The 3rd largest GDP in the western hemisphere. Everyone should stop paying their debts after this otherwise there's nothing to stop them doing it again.

• Haha
The UK is still a major part of the Western economy, with or without Brexit. The 3rd largest GDP in the western hemisphere. Everyone should stop paying their debts after this otherwise there's nothing to stop them doing it again.
Stop behaving like a stuck record will you Paddy. Grow up & smell the coffee. Everything that you say about UK is no longer applicable. You use the past tense for all that's glorious w.r.t UK. It's as simple as that. From now on its a race to the bottom as far as you're concerned. The better ones among your PM may arrest the slide a bit but they'd never be able to stop it. Your collective goose was cooked the day you exited EU. Whatever is happening to you now is Chronicle of a Death Foretold.

What's happening to the hard border required now between Northern Ireland and Irish Republic?
If there's no deal, whatever we like.
Stop behaving like a stuck record will you Paddy. Grow up & smell the coffee. Everything that you say about UK is no longer applicable. You use the past tense for all that's glorious w.r.t UK. It's as simple as that. From now on its a race to the bottom as far as you're concerned. The better ones among your PM may arrest the slide a bit but they'd never be able to stop it. Your collective goose was cooked the day you exited EU. Whatever is happening to you now is Chronicle of a Death Foretold.
I'm stating facts based on economic figures.

THREAD!!

On the repercussions of Brexit for a Brit couple aiming to settle in France post retirement, Paddy.

@BMD ; @Picdelamirand-oil
:) :) :)
Spoke to a Brit yesterday and reminded them they would need health insurance to visit Sweden and rest of EU from end Dec. she hadn’t realised that Brexit meant that!

We had Brexit voting Brits with a holiday home near us, they used to come for six months of the year. We pointed out they couldn’t do that post Brexit. “Very unfair, typical EU” they said. Put their house on the market. “We’re buying in Spain.”

This is very much key. Where UK citizens once had the right to work, live and retire ANYWHERE in the EU now they are considered the same as if they had come from India, Cameroon or China. Just another foreigner. O the irony.

What is remarkable is how many British people do not understand that the removal of 'Free Movement' applies to them as well. They really do think it only applies to non Brits.

email from the Father "My son is coming over to sort all this out. We all feel this is very unfair and we have been badly treated. We have paid our taxe d’habitation and we have rights. The French should not be allowed to do this, please help us in our fight to put this right.

New message. He wants to know if the Mayor could be "squared away with a "good drink" and if he was open to a "deal". I again said the Mayor is not who he needs and that this is all an EU matter, I suggested he contact Ursula von der Leyen. He asked if I have her number.

Brief WhatsApp message from idiot son. They want compensation from someone
  • They do not know how much they want
  • They do not know why they should get it
  • They do not know who should pay it
  • They do know it's not their fault (for some reason)

He has said he will be ...... (drum roll)..... "talking to Nigel Farage about this"

Long email from the original couple. They are very angry. Feel they have been lied to (not sure if they mean me or the UK government) and want "compensation" (again not sure who from). Want me to write a letter confirming they knew nothing about the effects of Brexit.

Another call, this time from the son. He's decided to come over next week and "sort this all out with the Mayor" I tried to explain that it's nothing to do with our Mayor and that this is down to the UK leaving the EU. He said he didn't vote for Brexit to have this

The wife called my wife again. More tears, seems the idiot son has been shouting at his work about this and has been sent home to cool off. Meanwhile they have made the decision to sell the house and have asked if could help with viewings. We have said yes

Received a largely incoherent message from the idiot son via WhatsApp. Says that my wife and I are 'part of the problem', wants to know what we are doing to help, should have warned his parents, Farage was right, (not sure what about), something about the War, the Empire etc.

My wife has just spoken with the lady of the couple in question. She is in tears as she has just today realised the full extent of what is going to happen. They had planned on retiring here in about five years when her husband retired but no longer. They will now have to sell

Further follow up. Their son (lives in UK, uses house for holidays) called me at lunchtime. "Is this true what those *censored*s in Brussels are doing to my parents?, we'll see about that. They have no right right to treat us that way"

Quick follow up to this: They have always assumed I am British and only recently discovered I have dual nationality. When I told them and revealed all my EU rights were protected I was told that was, "very unfair" and "typical of the EU"

Status
Not open for further replies.