The Indian Navy's MH-60R & Naval Dhruv UHM Helicopters

Their claim, so they know more about it. But towards end of last year the foldable wing design was in the news. So that has progressed & pending CEMILAC certification , now lets see how trials go. Navy usually are very confident about their purchases.
I don't believe this . If something as minor as foldable blades require 3 yrs say since 2021 to be developed , demonstrated satisfactorily & duly certified & 2 yrs later they still require 3 yrs then I really am at a loss for words .

That still doesn't take into account why LUH has not been certified FOC . I'm guessing that's another 3+3 yrs saga beginning God knows when .

I don't believe this . If something as minor as foldable blades require 3 yrs say since 2021 to be developed , demonstrated satisfactorily & duly certified & 2 yrs later they still require 3 yrs then I really am at a loss for words .

That still doesn't take into account why LUH has not been certified FOC . I'm guessing that's another 3+3 yrs saga beginning God knows when .
Not just foldable blades, also composite ones for maritime use, new material so airworthy certification will be lengthy. HAL claimed it was their own funded project. Plus other user suggested changes likely, and on top of that Govt insistence on indigenising+improving local content % & LRU. All these must have taken effect.

The 3 years is perhaps from making the heli to make it fly-worthy, like the time taken by the whole LSP batch from order to delivery & accumulation of flight hours. Maybe that is what he meant.

CEMILAC airworthy certifications take long time. Check Imtar 2021 doc, its huge https://indianairforce.nic.in/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/IMTAR21.pdf

This is probably better to check than Imtar btw, shorter than that

https://dgaeroqa.gov.in/writereadda...ief-testing-certification-military-sector.pdf
Those certifications aren't for the entire product just a sub component which isn't even a complex piece of engineering like the turboshaft engine or avionics . 3 yrs is definitely on the higher side unless such composite materials haven't ever been certified for usage by CEMILAC before.

Besides HAL was claiming they'd require 1-2 yrs back during AI-21 to re engineer the blades into foldable ones & have them certified for operations. Wonder what happened to that ?

Ditching of helicopter, is there any sabotage angle?
Coz we got orders for 60 UHM now..
Most likely huge export orders made no more.

Ditching of helicopter, is there any sabotage angle?
Coz we got orders for 60 UHM now..
Most likely huge export orders made no more.
Sabotage angle...
Mmm, you are ine such kind guy doubts your own wife every night i guess!

60 UHM vs 100+ NUH

=> door kept open for Ka-226 or other type? There is no Naval LUH being spoken off yet

What's the difference between HAL LUH , Naval LUH & NUH ? Aren't the latter 2 the same & essentially the navalised version of the IA / IAF LUH ?

What's the difference between HAL LUH , Naval LUH & NUH ? Aren't the latter 2 the same & essentially the navalised version of the IA / IAF LUH ?
IMO, the NUH is a program by IN to acquire 111 light helicopters for naval operations. The leading candidate was the Panther as they said ALH-Dhruv was too big for some ships even when blade folded. So, now the idea is to divide the program into 60 ALH-Dhruv which now will be known as Utility Helicopters Maritime and for the ships which have small hanger they will most probably procure 51 HAL-LUH in its naval variant.

This seems big.

Screenshot.png

• Informative
Reactions: Sathya