The coming Global Backlash against China

When will you stop quoting from highly speculative fantasy articles from near defunct portals ? To think I wasted 5 min of my life & bandwidth on this unimaginative piece. Is yahoo popular among old farts in UK & RoI, Paddy?

When will you stop quoting from highly speculative fantasy articles from near defunct portals ? To think I wasted 5 min of my life & bandwidth on this unimaginative piece. Is yahoo popular among old farts in UK & RoI, Paddy?
I'm sure you're a Chinese spy.

• Haha
Reactions: AbRaj
I'm sure you're a Chinese spy.

This is why you need to keep yourself updated, Paddy. By reading from the right sources instead of from moribund sites. While the rest of the world are watching how would the major power blocs handle China, your former bumchums & brother in arms go ahead & bail out China with France going oh! Mon dieu for the sake of appearances but in typical French fashion permitting the deal nevertheless, while you go Orgasmic over a fantasy article.

Haven't we repeatedly told you to stay away from geopolitical threads & restrict yourself only to technical stuff or your favourite threads viz - movies, jokes, memes, songs, dish, etc. Don't force us to petition the authorities here to restrict your access to all other threads save those listed above for low quality low IQ threads & articles.

Reactions: JustCurious

This is why you need to keep yourself updated, Paddy. By reading from the right sources instead of from moribund sites. While the rest of the world are watching how would the major power blocs handle China, your former bumchums & brother in arms go ahead & bail out China with France going oh! Mon dieu for the sake of appearances but in typical French fashion permitting the deal nevertheless, while you go Orgasmic over a fantasy article.

Haven't we repeatedly told you to stay away from geopolitical threads & restrict yourself only to technical stuff or your favourite threads viz - movies, jokes, memes, songs, dish, etc. Don't force us to petition the authorities here to restrict your access to all other threads save those listed above for low quality low IQ threads & articles.

An attempted counterpoint by the good general.

There is going to be some amounts of backlash, but it entirely depends on Europe whether it will be successful or not. Right now it doesn't look like Europe is interested in respecting its COVID-related deaths.

There is going to be some amounts of backlash, but it entirely depends on Europe whether it will be successful or not. Right now it doesn't look like Europe is interested in respecting its COVID-related deaths.
That's Europe for you.

@Bon Plan, @Picdelamirand-oil, @A Person, @halloweene

Well I was talking about a global backlash from the free world, I don't think the EUSSR can be included in that.

That's Europe for you.

Never mind COVID, SCS or the situation in Xinjiang, China's antics in Hong Kong alone should be enough for the EU to cancel their investment deal. I hope sense prevails. It's actually enough for Europe to sanction China.

But then people are still awaiting the long promised sanctions on China by the UK over the Hong Kong issue, along with giving citizenship to the citizens of Hong Kong from Jan. The UK has to lead by example if Europe is to go against Chinese pressure in the investment deal.

• Love
Never mind COVID, SCS or the situation in Xinjiang, China's antics in Hong Kong alone should be enough for the EU to cancel their investment deal. I hope sense prevails. It's actually enough for Europe to sanction China.

But then people are still awaiting the long promised sanctions on China by the UK over the Hong Kong issue, along with giving citizenship to the citizens of Hong Kong from Jan. The UK has to lead by example if Europe is to go against Chinese pressure in the investment deal.

Pls don't try to make a virtue out of a necessity, Paddy. You're barring Huawei coz of security reasons not to isolate China. Besides what's this got to do with the way they've dumped the treaty you've had with them on the future set up in HK. You ought to be unilaterally sanctioning them. But BJ lacks the cojones to do so. Why? Coz UK is now officially a 3rd rate power. Such a fall from the days of the Raj & when Brittania ruled the waves not more than 75 yrs ago. Tsk Tsk!

Pls don't try to make a virtue out of a necessity, Paddy. You're barring Huawei coz of security reasons not to isolate China. Besides what's this got to do with the way they've dumped the treaty you've had with them on the future set up in HK. You ought to be unilaterally sanctioning them. But BJ lacks the cojones to do so. Why? Coz UK is now officially a 3rd rate power. Such a fall from the days of the Raj & when Brittania ruled the waves not more than 75 yrs ago. Tsk Tsk!
Well I thought the EU was supposed to provide such functions as a 'major player', but sadly it's no US when it comes to taking a stand. It must be a 3rd rate power too by that reckoning. At least the UK can be a 3rd rate power on its own and doesn't need 27 nations to elevate it to the level of 3rd rate power.

Well I thought the EU was supposed to provide such functions as a 'major player', but sadly it's no US when it comes to taking a stand. It must be a 3rd rate power too by that reckoning. At least the UK can be a 3rd rate power on its own and doesn't need 27 nations to elevate it to the level of 3rd rate power.
You've a problem with the EU? Take it up with the French members here. EU inaction or pussilanimity doesn't equal British inaction. Why should an equivalence even be drawn?

The only intention there is to reduce American pressure on yourself. 2027 is already a joke. By then 6G's gonna start trickling in. This in no way helps Hongkongers or your own security.

What you need is stuff that hurts China directly.

Australian Senator Predicts War Between US and China in ‘Three to Five Years’

Both the US and Australia have stepped up military cooperation with other countries in the region to counter ChinaDave DeCamp Posted onDecember 28, 2020CategoriesNewsTagsAustralia, China
With US-China relations at their lowest point in decades, one of Washington’s closest allies in the Pacific is gearing up for a potential war between the two superpowers. In an interview with Australia’s Seven News, Australian Senator Jim Molan said he expects a conflict to break out soon.
“We are likely in the next three to five years or in the next five to ten years to be involved in a war between China and the United States,” Molan said. The senator made the comments while discussing the budget and capabilities of Australia’s military. “The ADF (Australian Defense Forces) has never been better than it is now,” he said.
Molan voiced his concern over Washington’s current military capabilities, particularly the size of the US Navy. “In 1991, the US Navy was 600 warships strong. Now it’s less than 300,” he said.
Like Washington, Canberra has taken an increasingly hostile stance against Beijing in recent years, and China-Australia relations have been rapidly deteriorating. Both the US and Australia have taken steps to boost military partnerships in the Indo-Pacific with the aim of countering Beijing.
The US, Australia, Japan, and India make up the informal alliance known as the Quad. In November, Australia joined the other quad countries in the annual Indian-led military exercises known as the Malabar. It was the first time since in over a decade that the Quad countries held military drills together.
Australia and Japan recently reached an agreement on a new military pact that will allow their militaries to operate on each other’s soil. Once the pact is implemented, it will mark the first time in 60 years that Japan allows another foreign military besides the US on its soil.

• Informative
Reactions: Bon Plan

Australian Senator Predicts War Between US and China in ‘Three to Five Years’

Both the US and Australia have stepped up military cooperation with other countries in the region to counter ChinaDave DeCamp Posted onDecember 28, 2020CategoriesNewsTagsAustralia, China
With US-China relations at their lowest point in decades, one of Washington’s closest allies in the Pacific is gearing up for a potential war between the two superpowers. In an interview with Australia’s Seven News, Australian Senator Jim Molan said he expects a conflict to break out soon.
“We are likely in the next three to five years or in the next five to ten years to be involved in a war between China and the United States,” Molan said. The senator made the comments while discussing the budget and capabilities of Australia’s military. “The ADF (Australian Defense Forces) has never been better than it is now,” he said.
Molan voiced his concern over Washington’s current military capabilities, particularly the size of the US Navy. “In 1991, the US Navy was 600 warships strong. Now it’s less than 300,” he said.
Like Washington, Canberra has taken an increasingly hostile stance against Beijing in recent years, and China-Australia relations have been rapidly deteriorating. Both the US and Australia have taken steps to boost military partnerships in the Indo-Pacific with the aim of countering Beijing.
The US, Australia, Japan, and India make up the informal alliance known as the Quad. In November, Australia joined the other quad countries in the annual Indian-led military exercises known as the Malabar. It was the first time since in over a decade that the Quad countries held military drills together.
Australia and Japan recently reached an agreement on a new military pact that will allow their militaries to operate on each other’s soil. Once the pact is implemented, it will mark the first time in 60 years that Japan allows another foreign military besides the US on its soil.

It's possible since China seems to be getting impatient over Taiwan.

I find 3 to 5 years unlikely since PLAN won't be ready to fight the USN within this time. Up to 10 seems more realistic considering the expected PLAN force projections, especially in terms of carriers, fighter jets and SSNs, but I'd actually say more than 10 years considering the time it takes to get something, train with it and implement it in a doctrine.

So a war within 3 to 5 years will need the US to make the first move. This would be the best time to sink most of PLAN's capital ships and delay their buildup by a decade. But it's unlikely the US will initiate a war with China, especially when sanctions are a better option and even that has not been done yet.

I feel this is just a PR stunt on part of the senator. He is merely preparing the Australian public for greater defence spending, which is most definitely needed. I'm hoping Australia joins the carrier game as well.

• Agree
Reactions: Bon Plan
It's possible since China seems to be getting impatient over Taiwan.

I find 3 to 5 years unlikely since PLAN won't be ready to fight the USN within this time. Up to 10 seems more realistic considering the expected PLAN force projections, especially in terms of carriers, fighter jets and SSNs, but I'd actually say more than 10 years considering the time it takes to get something, train with it and implement it in a doctrine.

So a war within 3 to 5 years will need the US to make the first move. This would be the best time to sink most of PLAN's capital ships and delay their buildup by a decade. But it's unlikely the US will initiate a war with China, especially when sanctions are a better option and even that has not been done yet.

I feel this is just a PR stunt on part of the senator. He is merely preparing the Australian public for greater defence spending, which is most definitely needed. I'm hoping Australia joins the carrier game as well.
The best policy for Taiwan is to station medium range nukes there with a firm policy to use them in the event of a Chinese invasion, that puts the emphasis on China not to attack.