Sports in India : News and Debates

IMO facilities have improved and become accessible.. Not if you want everyone as sportsmen.

Only selectors need some Institutionalized criteria for selection, so players can prepare themselves.

Out of a billion people, if selection is alright we ll have much better outcome.

And if we want ground level improvement, our school and college students need to follow western pattern.

Img obviously wants to take over Indian football
That is a valid concern. But an equally valid concern is that lack of money, infra. and popularity. The I-league in a lot of ways is like Indian cricket before the world cup win in 1983. I know that's a bit extreme, but it sort of is correct when you compare I-league with other domestic leagues around the world.
IMO facilities have improved and become accessible.. Not if you want everyone as sportsmen.

Only selectors need some Institutionalized criteria for selection, so players can prepare themselves.

Out of a billion people, if selection is alright we ll have much better outcome.

And if we want ground level improvement, our school and college students need to follow western pattern.
Its an incremental thing, I understand. But what can we do about the domestic league quagmire ? Merge them to form a larger league ? Relegate one and elevate the other ?