View attachment 19996
Saber Sniper Rifle by SSS Defence

View attachment 19997
Viper Sniper Rifle by SSS Defence

Do you guys think these two could become the standard issue Sniper Rifles of at least Indian SFs? (and maybe small numbers with specialized infantry - Ghataks, RR, etc...)

We might know more only if they enter a tender for such rifles for security forces. Doesn't matter if it's in India or elsewhere.

Reactions: SammyBoi
Going by recent acquisitions, orders and fast-tracked purchases (both indigenous and foreign) for the standard IA infantry, both frontline or otherwise, we can deduce that the IA is slowly transforming its fundamental fighting units, the sections, into something of an all-round, well-equipped war-machine that can engage targets on its own terms (and ranges), and accomplish objectives with maximum efficiency and minimum casualties. Also we are slowly trying to shift focus (hopefully) from counter-insurgency to massive, actual war fighting against similarly-equipped adversaries.
Now,
Let's talk about the IA sections, which we'll soon see similarly equipped and organised as the US Army fire-teams, which have 8-10 soldiers. There will be the :
-Commander
-2IC (2nd-in-command)
-Two squads of 4 soldiers each:
- Squad Leader
- Assault Rifleman
- Auto rifleman (Machine-Gunner)
- Designated Marksman (Acc. to mission objectives, there may be a sharpshooter(sniper) in this squad as well....)

Now, let's move to the weapons + kit(generalized):
-First, the assault rifle + accessories:
- Existing AKM clones (PM Md 90, ARM1F(?), etc..) + incoming AK-203 + FAB Defense accessories (Eotech, FALKE, magnifiers, Holographic(BEL,etc..), Tonbo Arjun TI, diff. red dot sights, Foregrips (verical, angled,) flashlights, lasers, cheekpads, suppressors etc...)
- Will be used by the Commander, 2IC, Squad Leaders + Assault Riflemen (Some will have UBGLs, situationally)
- Pics:
p1711745.jpg

DaeysCaVMAAUD0I.jpg

EBC1rhAUEAI1-Yv.jpg

yvxjbc1mk5861.jpg

Next, the autorifle(machine gun - light):
- Existing PKMs, FAB upgraded INSAS LMGs + brand new IWI Negevs
- Used by Autoriflemen in SAW role (2 per section)
- Pics:
WhatsApp Image 2019-02-02 at 20.26.52.jpeg

1578723553481.png

main-qimg-a1a55ad8b0ff51ff35b48d565ed02716.jpg

PKM_general-purpose-machine.jpg

Next, the Designated Marksman's Rifle (DMR):
- Existing SVD Dragunovs (SSSD upgrades, russian upgrades) + new Sig 716I Battle Rifles/DMRs (requisite scopes, bipods, suppressors, etc...)
- Used by Marksmen (1-2 per team, depending on number of snipers (if they are present))
- Pics:
999DEFFB-FFF4-4EA6-AD49-1CE12B71DD44.jpeg

main-qimg-92e1b22a5994f060c14649632af7e86c.png

Post to be continued......

..... (Continued from post #1823)
Next, the Sniper rifles:
- Existing Victrix Scorpio TGT(.338 Lapua) + Steyr SSG 08 + Steyr SSG 69 + Sako TRG 42 + new (erstwhile OFB) 7.62 Sniper Rifle + SSSD Viper + SSSD Sabre (+AMT) + requisite accessories(Tonbo sights + appropriate scopes, etc.) (some are exclusively PARA-SF, Ghatak acquisitions, though...)
- Used by Sharpshooter (varied numbers, 1-2)
- Pics:
1576642995399.png

scorpio-tgt-1-1 (1).png

SSS 338 Saber.jpg

Screenshot (485).png

download.jpg

Lastly, let's talk about CQBs:
- Knowing that the Caracal deal fell through, IA soldiers will be using the Sigs (due to shorter barrel that INSAS) + B&T MP9s:
- Pics:
1570718877220.png

SIG-Sauer-SIG516-10in.jpg

(or the Sig 516....)

So, we see that within a couple of years, our fire-teams(sections) will be able to engage enemies at their will and desired range:
--> 500 m+ with the AK-203s + other assault rifles
--> 300 - 400 m+ suppressive fire with the SAW (Negevs + others)
--> 800 m+ with the DMRs (Sig 716 + SVDs)
--> 1000 - 1300 m+ with the snipers

Furthermore, these near-future sections will be deployable via the IA's current, upgraded BMP-2s, ALH helos and even TATA Kestrel (WhAP)....
For tactical equipment, post to be continued.....

Attachments

• 1617914064017.png
    1617914064017.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 115
..... (continued from post #1824)
Now, let's talk about all equipment that have been in use, have been recently bought, or are under order.....

1) Headgear:
- MKU Mukut ACH - Standard Issue, Full Cut + MACS integrated + Integrated Comms. variant (for Commander, 2IC, Squad Leaders...)
- Also High Cut helmets by SRG Tactical
- Other troops have SDRs with separate earwear
- Pics:
strongdetailmukut.png

EIxSrmKVUAEiFv6.jpg

d97d59fb33f1b386462f01c36be89d9b.png

MACS (Multi Accessory Connector System)

2) Head Mounted Accessories:
- NVGs: BEL Gen 3 devices, AN/PVS -7, Tonbo dual-tube NVGs
- GoPro cams + some flashlights (mission-dependent)
- Pics:
EGIXRnPUwAEMM52.jpg

5.jpg

ddd.jpg

3) Body Armour:
- SMPP Level III+ , FLCs with front and back plate inserts + possible acquisition of MKU Laser-cut MOLLE...
-Pics:
1580011928026.png

4) Tactical "Load Bearer" ;)
-Wildcraft India got an order to manufacture rucksacks in 2019, so....
-Camel Packs, made by Armasen Tactical, I think (pic to be posted later)...

5) -Standard Issue gloves(hard-knuckle), elbow pads(optional), knee-pads, ballistic eyewear, tough, all-weather, light, water-resistant, fire-resistant combat boots + survival kit(medkit) Like Norway's NFM Group, Armasen Tactical can be made the single source of purchase for points 4 + 5, to ensure lower costs, better logistics and standardization....
-Pics:
1573136362675.png

(Some specialized infantry can also be issued their square-cut BP Vests...)

6) Mission computer (for Commander, 2IC, both Squadleaders) + mini GPS devices for all soldiers(WIP)....
-Pics:
tuQVLr.jpg

Post to be continued....

..... (Continued from post #1823)
Next, the Sniper rifles:
- Existing Victrix Scorpio TGT(.338 Lapua) + Steyr SSG 08 + Steyr SSG 69 + Sako TRG 42 + new (erstwhile OFB) 7.62 Sniper Rifle + SSSD Viper + SSSD Sabre (+AMT) + requisite accessories(Tonbo sights + appropriate scopes, etc.) (some are exclusively PARA-SF, Ghatak acquisitions, though...)
- Used by Sharpshooter (varied numbers, 1-2)
- Pics:
View attachment 20065

View attachment 20067

View attachment 20068
View attachment 20069
View attachment 20070

Lastly, let's talk about CQBs:
- Knowing that the Caracal deal fell through, IA soldiers will be using the Sigs (due to shorter barrel that INSAS) + B&T MP9s:
- Pics:
View attachment 20071
View attachment 20072
(or the Sig 516....)

So, we see that within a couple of years, our fire-teams(sections) will be able to engage enemies at their will and desired range:
--> 500 m+ with the AK-203s + other assault rifles
--> 300 - 400 m+ suppressive fire with the SAW (Negevs + others)
--> 800 m+ with the DMRs (Sig 716 + SVDs)
--> 1000 - 1300 m+ with the snipers

Furthermore, these near-future sections will be deployable via the IA's current, upgraded BMP-2s, ALH helos and even TATA Kestrel (WhAP)....
For tactical equipment, post to be continued.....

For Snipers , Minimum 338 Caliber OR 12.7 is necessary

For DMR , 7.62 x 51 ie 308 is OK

7) Specialized Equipment:
- RCL : Carl Gustaf Mk 4, can fire literally anything (HE, AT, AP, etc...)
- MPATGM : Spike + Milan 2T + DRDO's MPATGM(Nag-based, right?)
- Explosives, tactical rope, wire cutters (all situation- dependent), smoke grenades, DRDO MMGs, flashes, chem light sticks, backup SATCOM comms(I guess 1-2 guys would carry it), Spotter scopes(1 guy), (DRDO) MRE, etc...
-Pics:
unnamed.jpg

spike_ant_1530095140.jpg

So here I end my, uh, analysis(?).... @randomradio, @Parthu, @Milspec, @Ashwin, @Gautam, if you guys and others can give suggestions, additions, corrections, opinions, improvements, etc... I'll be really grateful...

So here I end my, uh, analysis(?).... @randomradio, @Parthu, @Milspec, @Ashwin, @Gautam, if you guys and others can give suggestions, additions, corrections, opinions, improvements, etc... I'll be really grateful...

Great set of posts.

The AK-203 is not for the infantry though. The standard issue will be a 7.62x51mm option. So it's the SIG and possibly more SIGs or whatever wins the upcoming assault rifle tender.

What unit is this? Seems to be a dedicated SF unit.

Interestingly, if we spend the same amount on every Ghatak trooper, we are going to have to spend more than $300M on just 7000+ troops. And these are frontline troops.
Norwegian troops are actually one of the best equipped Nato militaries at infantry level. The only other infantry to be that we'll equipped are the Dutch. For a small country investing in this equipment is far easier. Even thai SF units are extremely well equipped..

A general query...
What, according to you guys, should be the standard loadout/kit of an IA soldier?
(And where these might be procured from, in the near future?)
Thanks!
I think we have partially met our requirements for general infantry when it comes to small arms atleast.
Sig 716 and NG7 fulfill our infantry roles extremely well. Both are light weight. But we need a standard loadout for the rifle. So something like this.
images - 2021-07-02T174544.818.jpeg

AN/PEQ2 and a foregrip apart from with acog or a sig sight like Romeo or whiskey.Same for the NG7 loadout. We are halfway there.

I'm aiming for our section
Screenshot_20210702-184508__01.jpg
should be something like this. Now unlike in the case of the Swedes where they have to use a seperate rifle for a sharpshooter role for us we just need the one guy to have a sniper optic(also a silencer if the budget allows) because of the sig 716 already using the 7.62x51. We already use the Carl Gustaf. The grenadiers will be given the ofb mgl since the 716 doesn't seem to support the m203.
Now on the personal equipment we need to shift to multicam and the IA itself seems to have selected the multicam which is good.
images - 2021-07-02T193700.930.jpeg

But I hope they use the snow camo version of the multicam for Siachen and other areas in the north.And its Jungle version too. Instead of sticking to a single camo. We are not really fighting in areas like Afghanistan so I hope they dont cost cut on that. And IA fights in a lot more variety of environments so I hope they take the camo transition seriously..
Apart from that More modern plate carriers. This has already been discussed here but even with modernisation we haven't really switched to a modern plate carrier.
The way things are going we would look most similar the British army. So they have virtus programme that is already going on. So the average brit soldier looks like this
images - 2021-07-02T194409.035.jpeg

Pretty similar to what IA might be planning.
The only thing missing is integrated kneepads. Apart from rifle difference. We are already using PASGT I assume. We need ballistic protection glasses though they seem more of a luxury right now than a necessity.
Basically a molle plate carrier with a multicam camo is the primary need. It's pretty cheap and manageable if the private sector is involved.
Apart from that integrated comms,go pros,tacticool gloves(extremely important) since we use weird mittens for fast roping which looks goofy and I think they really don't offer much use apart from the initial usage so you will have to remove them after fast roping..
Now apart from this we need a disposable launcher something like the Matador
It's basically an Israeli system and a successor to the German panzerfaust 3/armbrust so a good replacement for the instalza c90 we are using and every section should get atleast two. It's extremely flexible for CQB and anti armour situations. It's an expensive idea which I don't think the IA will like to invest in but an extremely flexible and fast capability.

Also we need a drone jammer so Droneshield DroneGun Tactical
anti-drone-guns-bastille_resize_md.jpg

Its effective to 2.5km so the next time something embarrassing like the Jammu afs attack happens we have good infantry level anti drone system. Smash 2000 still is pretty limited in capability and is honestly a gimmicky system unlike this. Both the French and US army have started inducting this system and garuds should really get this system as afs protection is under there jurisdiction..

Now for the ghatak I wanted them to create dedicated spec op unit like 75 Rangers regiment from the various platoons to create a seperate force as a shock super infantry and other sof related roles instead of using para sf for the job. But that's not happening anytime soon anyway.
But ghatak needs to be updated to atleast get better. They can stay with the ak203's and mp9 combo they are using since they are essentially a CQB force and 7.62x39 is still an amazing round. So basically equipment similar to the 75th RR.
For RR they need to be re-equipped on the lines of the GIGN and RAID in terms of equipment though they need to stick to the multicam. Since their roles are quite similar.
Also Assam rifle and RR need to come under one command and have cross training with standardised equipment. These guys are hardcore but they are quite underequipped built for fighting insurgencies..

..... (continued from post #1824)
Now, let's talk about all equipment that have been in use, have been recently bought, or are under order.....

1) Headgear:
- MKU Mukut ACH - Standard Issue, Full Cut + MACS integrated + Integrated Comms. variant (for Commander, 2IC, Squad Leaders...)
- Also High Cut helmets by SRG Tactical
- Other troops have SDRs with separate earwear
- Pics:
View attachment 20074
View attachment 20075
View attachment 20076
MACS (Multi Accessory Connector System)

2) Head Mounted Accessories:
- NVGs: BEL Gen 3 devices, AN/PVS -7, Tonbo dual-tube NVGs
- GoPro cams + some flashlights (mission-dependent)
- Pics:
View attachment 20077

View attachment 20078
View attachment 20079

3) Body Armour:
- SMPP Level III+ , FLCs with front and back plate inserts + possible acquisition of MKU Laser-cut MOLLE...
-Pics:
View attachment 20080

4) Tactical "Load Bearer" ;)
-Wildcraft India got an order to manufacture rucksacks in 2019, so....
-Camel Packs, made by Armasen Tactical, I think (pic to be posted later)...

5) -Standard Issue gloves(hard-knuckle), elbow pads(optional), knee-pads, ballistic eyewear, tough, all-weather, light, water-resistant, fire-resistant combat boots + survival kit(medkit) Like Norway's NFM Group, Armasen Tactical can be made the single source of purchase for points 4 + 5, to ensure lower costs, better logistics and standardization....
-Pics:
View attachment 20081
(Some specialized infantry can also be issued their square-cut BP Vests...)

6) Mission computer (for Commander, 2IC, both Squadleaders) + mini GPS devices for all soldiers(WIP)....
-Pics:
View attachment 20082

Post to be continued....

7) Specialized Equipment:
- RCL : Carl Gustaf Mk 4, can fire literally anything (HE, AT, AP, etc...)
- MPATGM : Spike + Milan 2T + DRDO's MPATGM(Nag-based, right?)
- Explosives, tactical rope, wire cutters (all situation- dependent), smoke grenades, DRDO MMGs, flashes, chem light sticks, backup SATCOM comms(I guess 1-2 guys would carry it), Spotter scopes(1 guy), (DRDO) MRE, etc...
-Pics:
View attachment 20083
View attachment 20084

.... (continued from post #1827)

8) Handguns/ Sidearms :
- Pistol Auto 9mm, + Sig Sauer P226 + Glock 17, 19 + Smith&Wesson M&P
- To be issued to all 8-10 soldiers of the fire team (sharpshooters can also be issued PDWs, like ASMI, MP9, etc...)
- Pics:
View attachment 20091
View attachment 20092
View attachment 20093
View attachment 20094

@randomradio, @Parthu, @Milspec, @Ashwin, @Gautam, @GuardianRED

I think we have partially met our requirements for general infantry when it comes to small arms atleast.
Sig 716 and NG7 fulfill our infantry roles extremely well. Both are light weight. But we need a standard loadout for the rifle. So something like this.View attachment 20117
AN/PEQ2 and a foregrip apart from with acog or a sig sight like Romeo or whiskey.Same for the NG7 loadout. We are halfway there.

I'm aiming for our sectionView attachment 20138 should be something like this. Now unlike in the case of the Swedes where they have to use a seperate rifle for a sharpshooter role for us we just need the one guy to have a sniper optic(also a silencer if the budget allows) because of the sig 716 already using the 7.62x51. We already use the Carl Gustaf. The grenadiers will be given the ofb mgl since the 716 doesn't seem to support the m203.
Now on the personal equipment we need to shift to multicam and the IA itself seems to have selected the multicam which is good. View attachment 20143
But I hope they use the snow camo version of the multicam for Siachen and other areas in the north.And its Jungle version too. Instead of sticking to a single camo. We are not really fighting in areas like Afghanistan so I hope they dont cost cut on that. And IA fights in a lot more variety of environments so I hope they take the camo transition seriously..
Apart from that More modern plate carriers. This has already been discussed here but even with modernisation we haven't really switched to a modern plate carrier.
The way things are going we would look most similar the British army. So they have virtus programme that is already going on. So the average brit soldier looks like thisView attachment 20144
Pretty similar to what IA might be planning.
The only thing missing is integrated kneepads. Apart from rifle difference. We are already using PASGT I assume. We need ballistic protection glasses though they seem more of a luxury right now than a necessity.
Basically a molle plate carrier with a multicam camo is the primary need. It's pretty cheap and manageable if the private sector is involved.
Apart from that integrated comms,go pros,tacticool gloves(extremely important) since we use weird mittens for fast roping which looks goofy and I think they really don't offer much use apart from the initial usage so you will have to remove them after fast roping..
Now apart from this we need a disposable launcher something like the Matador
It's basically an Israeli system and a successor to the German panzerfaust 3/armbrust so a good replacement for the instalza c90 we are using and every section should get atleast two. It's extremely flexible for CQB and anti armour situations. It's an expensive idea which I don't think the IA will like to invest in but an extremely flexible and fast capability.

Also we need a drone jammer so Droneshield DroneGun Tactical
View attachment 20152
Its effective to 2.5km so the next time something embarrassing like the Jammu afs attack happens we have good infantry level anti drone system. Smash 2000 still is pretty limited in capability and is honestly a gimmicky system unlike this. Both the French and US army have started inducting this system and garuds should really get this system as afs protection is under there jurisdiction..

Now for the ghatak I wanted them to create dedicated spec op unit like 75 Rangers regiment from the various platoons to create a seperate force as a shock super infantry and other sof related roles instead of using para sf for the job. But that's not happening anytime soon anyway.
But ghatak needs to be updated to atleast get better. They can stay with the ak203's and mp9 combo they are using since they are essentially a CQB force and 7.62x39 is still an amazing round. So basically equipment similar to the 75th RR.
For RR they need to be re-equipped on the lines of the GIGN and RAID in terms of equipment though they need to stick to the multicam. Since their roles are quite similar.
Also Assam rifle and RR need to come under one command and have cross training with standardised equipment. These guys are hardcore but they are quite underequipped built for fighting insurgencies..
Do you know how much money we spend per soldier on our infantry?
Cuz most of the changes you guys have proposed are going to be relatively extremely expensive to what they’re spending right now. Excluding helmets and guns which are already coming, suppose we‘re ever planning on equipping every single infantry man with plate carriers, comms, optics, Laser aiming devices like PEQs,
decent well made plate carrier+plates(level 3+) best case scenario=$600
AN Peq 15=$1000-1200
3M Peltor equivalents with PTT=~$700
If we’re going for a variable power optic that’s suitable for the SIG 716i like the Sig Sauer Tango 6t 1-6x24=$1200-1300.
Good mil grade tactical gloves=$~70
All in all so far a total of ~$2700-3000 not including ballistic helmet and firearm….. add another $1500-2000 if you want to include them too along with elbow and knee pads.
IMO at present I don’t even think we spend even a quarter of this ($2700-3000) amount including helmets and firearms per soldier . This amount may not even be feasible in the eyes of our Generals even for our SFs too, so at this point we can only keep dreaming for this stuff unless a miracle happens. I genuinely hope I turn out to be wrong in the future about this.
@Milspec @randomradio @Parthu @Gautam and others please correct me if I’ve made any mistakes.

Cuz most of the changes you guys have proposed are going to be relatively extremely expensive to what they’re spending right now.
Actually most of the investment is halfway done. When it comes to scopes and IR sigh. Some of our forces have been using a mix of BEL holo sight and acog. What we need is to standardise and you will have to increase your budget for infantry if you plan to fight modern wars. Instead of investing in outdated t90's. For a billion dollars invested in your own industry for specifically infantry we could pretty much equip our army to tier 2 nato militaries like Turkey,Greece, Portugal and so on.
suppose we‘re ever planning on equipping every single infantry man with plate carriers, comms, optics, Laser aiming devices like PEQs,
I never said to equip peq 15's. I was talking about PEQ 2's which are at 600-900$. They are older and will still be an upgrade for our guys in the infantry we could even get directly from some Indian private company at a cheaper cost consider it's a decade old tech. Even most US army soldiers don't use peq 15 and it's reserved for spec ops units.
comms are not an immediate requirement but modern plate carriers should be ordered. We have already ordered jackets but we need modern and better carriers. These are not that expensive anyway. It's more do to wth effective procurement rather than blinding buy stuff without deciding on config. Even after buying new helmets and jackets we are still floundering and mixing up camo. Honestly it looks embarrassing. The Chinese and even Pakistanis seem to have far better standardisation.
If we’re going for a variable power optic that’s suitable for the SIG 716i like the Sig Sauer Tango 6t 1-6x24=$1200-1300.
That could be limited for sharpshooter role I was recommending Acog or BEL sights which are far more cheaper and much easier to procure. Also sig sights are known to be expensive and sig uses them to earn profits more than their gun sales.
This amount may not even be feasible in the eyes of our Generals even for our SFs too
Our generals are more focused on buying t90 junk with an outdated gun which are barely used anyway instead of investing on modernising the infantry and SOF units which would give us far better results than in investing on Soviet junk and at much cheaper cost.
As I said we are 25% through our modernisation. Our standard issue rifle,LMG and camo has already been decided. Plates and bpj, helmets have already been ordered. The remaining pieces of the puzzle are comms, gloves,IR. Which should be ordered as time goes.
Things like Matador and Droneshield are capabilities that need to be invested. I know they won't come true but it's a wishlist since the question was like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aditya b7777
Actually most of the investment is halfway done. When it comes to scopes and IR sigh. Some of our forces have been using a mix of BEL holo sight and acog. What we need is to standardise and you will have to increase your budget for infantry if you plan to fight modern wars. Instead of investing in outdated t90's. For a billion dollars invested in your own industry for specifically infantry we could pretty much equip our army to tier 2 nato militaries like Turkey,Greece, Portugal and so on.

I never said to equip peq 15's. I was talking about PEQ 2's which are at 600-900$. They are older and will still be an upgrade for our guys in the infantry we could even get directly from some Indian private company at a cheaper cost consider it's a decade old tech. Even most US army soldiers don't use peq 15 and it's reserved for spec ops units.
comms are not an immediate requirement but modern plate carriers should be ordered. We have already ordered jackets but we need modern and better carriers. These are not that expensive anyway. It's more do to wth effective procurement rather than blinding buy stuff without deciding on config. Even after buying new helmets and jackets we are still floundering and mixing up camo. Honestly it looks embarrassing. The Chinese and even Pakistanis seem to have far better standardisation.

That could be limited for sharpshooter role I was recommending Acog or BEL sights which are far more cheaper and much easier to procure. Also sig sights are known to be expensive and sig uses them to earn profits more than their gun sales.

Our generals are more focused on buying t90 junk with an outdated gun which are barely used anyway instead of investing on modernising the infantry and SOF units which would give us far better results than in investing on Soviet junk and at much cheaper cost.
As I said we are 25% through our modernisation. Our standard issue rifle,LMG and camo has already been decided. Plates and bpj, helmets have already been ordered. The remaining pieces of the puzzle are comms, gloves,IR. Which should be ordered as time goes.
Things like Matador and Droneshield are capabilities that need to be invested. I know they won't come true but it's a wishlist since the question was like that.
As of now BEL is only capable of making Holographic/ Reflex sights so we‘re good on that front, they have no ability as of now to make their own modern magnified sights(fixed or variable) hence we‘re lacking there, unfortunately Holo/reflex sights are not exactly suitable for the Sig 716 but definitely is better than just iron sights. Those sights are suitable enough for Carbines and AKs.
You are wrong about Sig Sauers sights being expensive though as they’re defini cheaper than their rivals, mind you their Tango 6t 1-6x24mm LPVO(new standard issue optic and ACOG replacement for the US army) costs the same as a Trijicon ACOG. Sigs red dot sights though are cheap because they are just rebadged Holosun sights but the bravo and tango sights are made by directly by them. The rest of the world is moving onto variable optics for their 5.56 and 7.62 NATO rifles, so we can’t afford to be left behind.

L3 Harris AN-PEQ 15 is now standard issue to the US army infantry and their SFs are moving on to the L3 Harris New Generation Aiming Laser(NGAL). If I’m not wrong the PEQ 2Nis now out of production too. Buying such expensive laser aiming devices is of absolutely no use if the regular infantry has no access to night vision devices, until then we can hold of on this till there is sufficient night vision for the regular infantry ,SFs definitely should use and we have seen it a couple of times with them too(Peq 15). Peq 2 is there in a relatively higher number with PARA SF.

Rest I can agree with what you have replied.

• Informative
Reactions: Lolwa
hence we‘re lacking there, unfortunately Holo/reflex sights are not exactly suitable for the Sig 716 but definitely is better than just iron sights. Those sights are suitable enough for Carbines and AKs.
For 300-400m engagement range holos are fine. Considering the limited budget only the sharpshooter gets the magnified sight. A better cost saving method.
Also yes the PEQ 2's are out of production but I was thinking of getting them from US army reserves or develop something like that from bel. The tech is pretty old so could be developed and procured pretty fast...

Reactions: Aditya b7777
suppose we‘re ever planning on equipping every single infantry man with plate carriers, comms, optics, Laser aiming devices like PEQs,
decent well made plate carrier+plates(level 3+)

That is the plan. The only question is how long it will take to implement it.

The AK-203 is still stuck in negotiations.

But I think the overall infantry modernisation effort will begin from 2022 onwards, ie, after the economic growth stabilises again, after all these lockdowns.

E6LY4beVIAQo5zx.jpg

IA soldier with Sig Sauer 716I Battle Rifle + Tata Advanced Systems Thermal Weapon Sight - Medium Range (TWS-MR) + MKU Mukut ACH + FLC.
I have to say, our standard infantry has started looking good enough (+good weapon posture + great trigger discipline ;)), somewhat comparable to NATO Tier-2 forces. If only, these could be sent on the various Bilateral Exercises and not the ones with crappy, 30-year old gear........
I have a question, can these thermal sights (usable 24/7), supplement the standard 2x, 3x, 4x sights?
@randomradio, @Parthu, @Milspec, @Ashwin, @Gautam, @GuardianRED ?
E6LY4w4VEAYY4o-.jpg