Analysis Satellite Imagery thread

Do you know where those blocked bases are? If yes, its not too hard. You may have to pay though. Try this :
www.landinfo.com

Yes. It's easy to find them. For example, if you move southeast of Kandahar, you will find that Google Earth has blocked the image. It's greyed out and you can't zoom in below 200m. Kandahar International Airport.

The Americans build pretty big bases, look at Bagram and then switch to Kandahar, you will easily notice the difference.

The same with Camp Dwyer and Leatherneck. Just empty pieces of land on both. But I'm not really that interested in army bases, more interested in air bases.

Look what I found.
Screenshot (29).png

Another nuclear submarine in an advanced state of construction. Most likely a follow on of the Arihant class. Notice the hydroplanes on the conning tower. Anyway, those sneaky *censored*s left just enough of the floating roof open for everybody to know what's going on.:sneaky:
Screenshot (35).png

Chakra and Arihant sitting together. Arihant has a missile silo open. What's in that white shed ahead of chakra, another sub ?
Screenshot (36).png

Look another sub, fully built, probably undergoing dry dock repairs. What is that a kilo class ?
Screenshot (37).png

Screenshot (65).png

Google earth image dated 12/11/18. Two ships under construction in Mazagaon Docks Limited(MDL), co-ordinates at the bottom right. Military vessels both of them, no doubts there, just look at the helicopter deck. One of them is smaller than the other. The longer vessel seems to have a radar tower/housing which is very reminiscent to the EL/M-2248 MF-STAR housing in the P-15/P-15B class destroyers. The shorter vessel seems to be in a relatively early stage of construction.
My personal take :
The larger vessel is a Vizag class destroyer.
The smaller vessel is a P-17A class frigate.
Considering construction of P-17A started on 28/12/17 in MDL, that's less than a whole year of build time. Yet what we see is startling levels of progress. This is India, how on earth did this happen ? @Parthu @randomradio @Sathya

INS Arihant from a year back :
Screenshot (530).png

The other SSBN. The sheds seems to have been retracted a bit more than before :
Screenshot (531).png

A Rajput class destroyer moving out, the VC11184 on the side :
Screenshot (532).png

Reactions: Hellfire
Updated pics from Google Earth :

At MDL, INS Mormugao(below) and INS Imphal(top) :
Screenshot (720).png

INS Vishakapatnam(below) along with INS Nilgiri(top) :
Screenshot (718).png

Nilgiri is one massive "frigate". For comparison, Vizag is 163 m long and 7,400 tons in displacement where as the Nilgiri is 149 m and 6,670 tons. I can't tell the difference between frigates and destroyers anymore. With the Nilgiri class we are essentially making a slightly smaller Vizag class with nearly the same firepower and range and we are making 7 of them. Kind of difficult to justify the Vizag class now with out an serious improvement of firepower from them.

INS Himgiri in that shed there. The empty shed here was used to lay down and assemble the INS Nilgiri before she was launched. You can see the before launch pic on post #28 of this thread.
Screenshot (719).png

From GRSE, INS Taragiri on the right shed. INS Vindyagiri was just laid down, the satellite pic is not that recent. I imagine it was laid down on the empty dry dock on the left seen here :
Screenshot (723).png

Updated pics from Google Earth :

INS Visakhapatnam :
Screenshot (831).png

I can see the two RBU-6000 launchers on the deck. Also the Barak-8 VLS seems to be complete as well. The Brahmos VLS is covered, maybe still under construction. Curiously the gun is not covered, the exhaust stacks are ready.

INS Imphal :
Screenshot (833).png

Everything is yet to be built.

INS Mormugao along with INS Nilgiri :
Screenshot (832).png

I've said it before & I'll say it again, that's one massive "frigate". The destroyer has the tower built, the rest is work in progress.

INS Taragiri in GRSE. No progress visible :
Screenshot (835).png

This is most interesting. Two ships under construction in MDL. Going by official documentation there are two still un-launched ships in construction in MDL currently. INS Porbandar(Vizag class destroyer) and INS Himgiri(Nilgiri class frigate) :
Screenshot (834).png

Porbandar and Himgiri were laid down on 19th July 2018 and 7th May 2019 respectively. So the top one must be Porbandar and the bottom one Himgiri going by their state of construction. I've previously identified the top one to be Himgiri, I think I was wrong.

Some miscellaneous photos :

FDN-1 in INS Jarawa, Andaman & Nicobar Islands :
Screenshot (837).png

FDN-2 repairing two coast guard vessels simultaneously in the Semiramis Bay :
Screenshot (836).png

INS Kadamba, Naval Base in Karwar with Vicky parked along with other ships :
Screenshot (828).png

INS Arihant and INS Arighat in SBC, Vizag :
Screenshot (829).png

INS Varsha, Rambilli :
Screenshot (830).png

By the colour of the water I'd say plenty of dredging is going on. The mouth of the base has been widened.

Can anyone geo locate this BMD radar site? It's in central India @Gautam @South block @Ashwin @screambowl
This is just my two paisa mate. No need to take it seriously.

I think this is a ISRO Telemetry Tracking and Command Centre not a BMD radar. We have plenty of them through out the country. If you look at the ground you can clearly see red soil and it is said to be in central India. There is only one facility that matches the description, the ISRO's TTC in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. From there the radars can look deep into Tibet in the North, Pakistan in the West and some other SE Asian nations like Thailand, Cambodia etc in the East.

The facility is primarily civilian oriented, but it does have undeniable military use too. This facility probably played a role in tracking the Microsat during the ASAT mission.

I think its an ISRO facility because our BMD radars are truck mounted. They have an elaborate set up but are still road mobile. ISRO on the other hand has many stationary facilities both in India and abroad. If you recall ISRO setting up a facility in Vietnam faced a lot of protest from the Chinese, this is because the most of the TTC facilities are dual use.

This is just my take. I'll see if I can get some photos in the future.

Reactions: Nikhil
Are these Next Generation Hardened Aircraft Shelters (NGHAS)? There seem to be two of such structures being constructed in almost every airbase with fighter squadrons. If yes, why only two?

1590144220387.png

1590143538614.png

1590143671073.png

1590143829421.png

View attachment 15997