Project-76 Indigenous Diesel-electric Submarine (SSK) Program

Yeah this is still with the WDB still per MDL, suggesting not fully mature by that time (it prob has , just to tie up some loose ends maybe). Hopefully a flurry of proposals in next 1-2 years time.

So 12 more in plan means how long timeline do you think? lead time of 3-5 years?

@Rajput Lion @Ashwin @Fatalis sir?

I've mentioned it a few years ago. P-76 will start as soon as P-75I is signed.

However it's already been delayed by 2 years. P-76 was supposed to have started this year, at best the next year, with the completion of P-75I in 2023. That's probably why IN is sitting with the PDP blueprint.

If IN pushes for the P-76 before P-75I is finalized to some extent, like at least contract negotiations, then the govt will take this chance to cancel it in favor of P-76. That will put the brakes on P-76 too 'cause the ToT is supposed to come with some new production techniques.

I've mentioned it a few years ago. P-76 will start as soon as P-75I is signed.

However it's already been delayed by 2 years. P-76 was supposed to have started this year, at best the next year, with the completion of P-75I in 2023. That's probably why IN is sitting with the PDP blueprint.

If IN pushes for the P-76 before P-75I is finalized to some extent, like at least contract negotiations, then the govt will take this chance to cancel it in favor of P-76. That will put the brakes on P-76 too 'cause the ToT is supposed to come with some new production techniques.
Was the AIP being retrofitted on scorpenes/additional scorpenes a plan from the start ? esp an indigenous aip yet to be tested? I thought they wanted a foreign aip fitted sub first for benchmarking , both for the forces and DRDO.

Was the AIP being retrofitted on scorpenes/additional scorpenes a plan from the start ? esp an indigenous aip yet to be tested? I thought they wanted a foreign aip fitted sub first for benchmarking , both for the forces and DRDO.

The Scorpene AIP came in much later. It wasn't part of the program initially.