Project 75 India Diesel-electric Submarine Programs (SSK) : Updates and Discussions

Who will win the P75I program?

• L&T and Navantia

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • MDL and TKMS

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • It will get canceled eventually

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters
No japanese hardware fits our requirement. We either have equivalent systems and superior systems or we are working on them. The Japanese aren't going to export us anything worthwhile though. Maybe they will participate in future navy procurements.
US-2

Profect75I is now latest Japnese subs with Indian AIP and to be jointly produced. A tech far beyond what has been offered by any western nation to us.
It's Combat Management Systems, it's optronics, weapons and ew systems are in some cases co-owned and in other fully owned by US based companies. Soryu or any Japanese SSK will never happen. They will not be able to fullfill the ToT. Even the very basic terms.

Manohar parrikar when he was DM said the same. If navy actually follows through we would have had a design ready by now to utilise MDL production line.
We do have a concept imo. Testing it fully is the issue.
But again P76 if and when it happens is a solution that comes in after around mid 2030s.

Till then , we are swaha....

Both P-75I and P-76 will happen. P-75I still has 2 submarines in the fray. They will push ahead even if it drops to one.

P-76 was planned to begin right after P-75I is done with, so that was never a question.

Reactions: Valhalla
Defence Ministry has once again extended the deadline to submit responses to the Request For Proposal (RFP) in the over ₹40,000 crore deal for six advanced submarines under Project-75(I) to December end. At the same time, the Navy has approached the Ministry for relaxation of certain specifications which has made most submarine manufacturers non-compliant. “The earlier RFP deadline of June 30, which was already an extension, has been extended by another six months,” two defence sources independently confirmed.

Got it from another site.

• Informative
Reactions: Amarante