Pakistan Navy: News & Discussions

So the Indian submarine was intercepted at about 130 kilometres from the nearest Pakistani coast.
Still in international waters but within range of a Klub missile attack on Pakistani assets.
Good job Pakistan navy.

• Haha
Reactions: Amal

MBDA wins first contract for its new Albatros NG system​

Albatros NG is a new CAMM-ER based air defence system for naval applications

MBDA press release

Albatros NG is a new generation Naval Based Air Defence (NBAD) system, based on the CAMM-ER, which is the extended range variant of the Common Anti-air Modular Missile (CAMM) family already delivered to customers around the world for both ground based and naval air defence.

Under the terms of this recent order, Albatros NG will be in service in 2024.

Albatros NG, deriving its name from the legacy Albatros systems which have been in service with the Italian Navy and several export customers for years, is suitable for different kinds of vessels providing air defence capability for platforms ranging from patrol vessels and corvettes to destroyers. It also allows a complementary layer for larger vessels such as frigates and destroyers already equipped with a long range air defence system. It can be easily integrated, without significant changes, in the ships’ design; its Command & Control (C2) is designed to enable flexible integration with both new and existing naval Combat Management Systems (CMS).

CAMM-ER-firing-front-view_cut-1024x743.jpg

The CAMM-ER missile is capable of providing self and local area defence against the evolving airborne threat at ranges exceeding 40km; it will be integrated in the new ground based air defence systems for the Italian Army and Italian Air Force. CAMM family systems have already been delivered to the British Army, to the Royal Navy and to several export nations.

Air defence systems utilising the CAMM and CAMM-ER missiles can provide armed forces with advanced protection against the ever-evolving air threat, including manned and unmanned aircraft, precision guided munitions, terrain-following/sea-skimming missiles, and low radar cross section (RCS) targets; all in the presence of the latest countermeasures.
-End-

Naval News comments:
The Albatros NG customer could be the Brazilian Navy for its future Tamandaré-class frigate.

Reactions: Chain Smoker

MBDA wins first contract for its new Albatros NG system​

Albatros NG is a new CAMM-ER based air defence system for naval applications

MBDA press release

Albatros NG is a new generation Naval Based Air Defence (NBAD) system, based on the CAMM-ER, which is the extended range variant of the Common Anti-air Modular Missile (CAMM) family already delivered to customers around the world for both ground based and naval air defence.

Under the terms of this recent order, Albatros NG will be in service in 2024.

Albatros NG, deriving its name from the legacy Albatros systems which have been in service with the Italian Navy and several export customers for years, is suitable for different kinds of vessels providing air defence capability for platforms ranging from patrol vessels and corvettes to destroyers. It also allows a complementary layer for larger vessels such as frigates and destroyers already equipped with a long range air defence system. It can be easily integrated, without significant changes, in the ships’ design; its Command & Control (C2) is designed to enable flexible integration with both new and existing naval Combat Management Systems (CMS).

CAMM-ER-firing-front-view_cut-1024x743.jpg

The CAMM-ER missile is capable of providing self and local area defence against the evolving airborne threat at ranges exceeding 40km; it will be integrated in the new ground based air defence systems for the Italian Army and Italian Air Force. CAMM family systems have already been delivered to the British Army, to the Royal Navy and to several export nations.

Air defence systems utilising the CAMM and CAMM-ER missiles can provide armed forces with advanced protection against the ever-evolving air threat, including manned and unmanned aircraft, precision guided munitions, terrain-following/sea-skimming missiles, and low radar cross section (RCS) targets; all in the presence of the latest countermeasures.
-End-

Naval News comments:
The Albatros NG customer could be the Brazilian Navy for its future Tamandaré-class frigate.

There's nothing in this article to suggest PN is getting the Sea Cepter or CAMM missiles nor is there any mention of it anywhere in the internet. Am I missing something or is this article misplaced i.e in the wrong thread?

There's nothing in this article to suggest PN is getting the Sea Cepter or CAMM missiles nor is there any mention of it anywhere in the internet. Am I missing something or is this article misplaced i.e in the wrong thread?
Actually this rumour was started by some porkistani troll accounts in Twitter.

I did manage to find about a Turkish defence journal where this news was broken allegedly. However as most Turkish sources aren't convertable in English hence difficult to locate the original source.

Unfortunately India will have to send special envoy sunny Leone to warm some beds and stop this missile from being sold to Pakistan 😅😅

Unfortunately India will have to send special envoy sunny Leone to warm some beds and stop this missile from being sold to Pakistan 😅😅
Col. RAWjesh is already present inside Pakistan he will do the remaining job for us.
I been hearing about this upgrade since I was in chaddi and used to suck my toe 😅😅
Even if it's upgraded we will never know just like random prithvi missile tests.

• Haha
Reactions: safriz
Maamu , the only Europeans doing business with you today are the Swedes & the Italians. MBDA is a British company. Given their extensive contracts with the GoI ,I highly doubt they'd jeopardize all that & that too for an account like Paxtan. I'm not including Turkiye here for obvious reasons.

Going ahead , I'm betting that it'd be increasingly difficult for the Italians & the Swedes to do business with Paxtan too. Why ? It's very simple. GoI will make them an offer thet can't refuse.

Besides , I've yet to see a credible source confirming this bit of news.

Maamu , the only Europeans doing business with you today are the Swedes & the Italians. MBDA is a British company. Given their extensive contracts with the GoI ,I highly doubt they'd jeopardize all that & that too for an account like Paxtan. I'm not including Turkiye here for obvious reasons.

Going ahead , I'm betting that it'd be increasingly difficult for the Italians & the Swedes to do business with Paxtan too. Why ? It's very simple. GoI will make them an offer thet can't refuse.

Besides , I've yet to see a credible source confirming this bit of news.
Well we can't sacrifice our own defence industry for beggar state rather we should opt for some trade deal. Anyway I have a feeling that this missile will be ripped off by china.