Pakistan Economy : Updates and Discussions

Had pointed out that CPEC projects were overpriced back in 2016-17 on PDF. Had even provided links for equivalent projects elsewhere for comparison. I even pointed out that it will be cheaper to simply take commercial loans and use Pakistani companies to build the power plants by themselves.

Someone from the grass is greener side even argued that since projects were funded by loans, the power projects are more expensive, which was quite funny.

Let's not forget that a lot of powerplants are actually second hand, but come with guaranteed profits requirement.
Biggest loot is the PPAs. Chinese companies are taking them for a ride

Had pointed out that CPEC projects were overpriced back in 2016-17 on PDF. Had even provided links for equivalent projects elsewhere for comparison. I even pointed out that it will be cheaper to simply take commercial loans and use Pakistani companies to build the power plants by themselves.

Someone from the grass is greener side even argued that since projects were funded by loans, the power projects are more expensive, which was quite funny.

Let's not forget that a lot of powerplants are actually second hand, but come with guaranteed profits requirement.
Why do you even bother explaining people who won't even try to understand ?

Reactions: AbRaj
lahore is named after Lord rama's son Lav.
Kasur is named after Kusha, Multan takes from mulasthan, peshawar used to be purushapura, karachi used to be kolachi ( after the fisherfolk named kolis) etc etc. These cities ceased being Hindu cities long ago. Nobody remembers the etymology too. Not even in India. All that's left is to change the names. That'd happen too.

Kasur is named after Kusha, Multan takes from mulasthan, peshawar used to be purushapura, karachi used to be kolachi ( after the fisherfolk named kolis) etc etc. These cities ceased being Hindu cities long ago. Nobody remembers the etymology too. Not even in India. All that's left is to change the names. That'd happen too.
they still claim they converted from budhism directly to Islam. and claim to be decendents of Arabs to Turks to anyone outside of Indic civilizations

We should be worried too , our biggest source of remittance is the gulf. Our domestic market isnt better either
We don't depend on gulf remittances as much as biradar mulk except for maybe God's own & there too w.r.t single source. You take away foreign remittances especially from the Gelf & about a third of the Paxtani mahishat if not more is fatally affected.

Moreover most of the remittances from Paxtan are from essentially the unskilled / semi skilled labour class . Here they're increasingly facing competition from the Bangladeshis , Afghans, Nepalis , etc.They rarely comprise the executive / skilled or professional classes in the Gelf.

Not so in the case of the Indians where Indian engineers, doctors, clerks / accountants , other professional classes & businessmen clearly dominate across the MENA region & spectrum & can't be easily replaced. Bottom line, Paxtanis easily replaceable, Indians not so much.

I was brand new there at the time and took the forum quite seriously for a year. After that I gave up.
Or banned 🤣 🤣
Nevermind , though I’m not a member there, I visit there once in a while to see what’s happening. Sheer degeneracy of that society is what amazes me. Petty but entertaining place.
And so is their News channels with journalistwho are more no more than Stand-up comedians. Debaters use words like Kaayar Hindu (Hindu coward), Hindu Baniya to mention India as routine. Govt and
Indian Army as RSS Army.
All these things makes me feel that This society is Degenerating
@safriz As an Expat pakistani what do you think(I admit I’m biased because of being an Indian)

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackOpsIndia
Great but freedom is more important than money. Good for India.
Thank you Jinnah. Enjoy your freedom. Freedom wont feed you rotis or build roads or else China wouldn't be a Communist regime.
Whose living a better life ,a chinese with no FoE but high standard of living or Pakistan , not completely free yet lowest standard of living. Hmm