Off-Topic Chit-Chat

FB_IMG_1512882965100.jpg

Reactions: Avi and Aashish
Why not, it is a measure of total energy output over a period. And like I said, no current nuclear plant comes close to 1EJ/Year, so it was natural to assume you meant a longer period.

Still waiting to see this 1EJ/Year nuclear plant. Can you even show me any 0.5EJ/Year nuclear plant?

I've already explained sustainably managed forestry.
Here. Converting TwH and Exajoule for dummies
LMGTFY

For the record a 1000MWe plant operating at 100% capacity will produce about 8.76TwHr.

This was my original quote
Nuclear went from 1EJ to 10 in 12 years. How many will Wind + Solar take to reach ONE?
It's meaning is abundantly clear. The claim easily verifiable

125997_5_.png

OTOH you claimed that a single biomass plant can produce 72 Exajoules of power.

I am not going to wait on you to prove yourself as such a mind is clearly the product of anti-nuke greenie asylum. Only such minds can believe that sloshing off the world's trees and forests and burning them will reduce CO2 levels in the air. And continue to ignore the 7 million dead annually from this activity whilst obsessing over the few hundred deaths from a single freak accident in Soviet Ukraine and the zero deaths from the 2 other accident in the entire history of safe Nuclear operations comprising millions of reactor hours, whilst renewables (excluding biomass) already killed over a million people and kill several dozen annually.

Thank You​

PS : there should be a thread on the lines of 'Renewables are Rubbish' or something.

Last edited:
Here. Converting TwH and Exajoule for dummies
LMGTFY

For the record a 1000MWe plant operating at 100% capacity will produce about 8.76TwHr.

This was my original quote
It's meaning is abundantly clear. The claim easily verifiable

125997_5_.png

OTOH you claimed that a single biomass plant can produce 72 Exajoules of power.

I am not going to wait on you to prove yourself as such a mind is clearly the product of anti-nuke greenie asylum. Only such minds can believe that sloshing off the world's trees and forests and burning them will reduce CO2 levels in the air. And continue to ignore the 7 million dead annually from this activity whilst obsessing over the few hundred deaths from a single freak accident in Soviet Ukraine and the zero deaths from the 2 other accident in the entire history of safe Nuclear operations comprising millions of reactor hours, whilst renewables (excluding biomass) already killed over a million people and kill several dozen annually.

Thank You​

PS : there should be a thread on the lines of 'Renewables are Rubbish' or something.
What does that statement mean though? 1EJ in 12 years or 10EJ in 12 years? Or is 10EJ the amount produced by all nuclear plants in 1 year? You measure installed capacity in MW not Joules. If you'd use the correct terminology it wouldn't confuse people. I was talking about a single biomass plant putting out 20TWh in one year. And that's TWe not TWth assuming you know the difference.

20TWh is 72PJ/annum, so comfortably EJ-scale over it's lifecycle. Largest nuclear plant's theoretical maximum is 70TWh/year, but likely less in practice.

I am still waiting to see your 1EJ/annum (278TWh/annum) nuclear plant.

Sustainable forestry is how it should be done.

The problem wasn't me, it was you with your introduction of the term exajoule-scale, which could mean literally anything. E.g. energy produced by one plant in one year, energy produced by one plant in a lifetime, or total combined production of all sources of that sort in one year. If you wish to use open-ended terms you can't criticise people for misunderstanding you. Aside from that, nobody bloody uses joules where electricity production is concerned. The fault is your own.

In UK alone.
E.4 Renewable Energy -- The 'Energy' (E) Handouts -- Free Range 'Energy Beyond Oil' Project

e04-renewable_history.png

In US. 1BTU = 1.06kJ. 4E15 BTU = 4.248EJ. Total of all renewables ~10EJ.
Biomass: The World’s Biggest Provider Of Renewable Energy
usbiomass2013.png

Last edited:
Lol @BMD I saw top headline news in BBC- there is a HOLE in the brand new Aircraft Careener QE. What happened? You ran out of welding supplies post Brexit? :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Yes he is here whenever you are not there and vice versa.

Strange isn't it

you just told me you banned him. I was travelling for several weeks so couldn't sign up. Plus everyone knows I support left and he is not like that :) . This is @dray 's mischief. :)

you just told me you banned him. I was travelling for several weeks so couldn't sign up. Plus everyone knows I support left and he is not like that :) . This is @dray 's mischief. :)

Lol did I say anything ?
Who banned whom ? I don't ban anybody.

Don't make a fool of yourself.
Stop the one liners , you can have a good time here minus the nonsense that you are upto.