Off-Topic Chit-Chat

Phew!
Thank Goodness the old forum is back again. Almost thought I lost these gems. Now saved for posterity:)

UCScreenshot20171207190611.png

UCScreenshot20171207190749.png

UCScreenshot20171207191023.png

Courtesy : @randomradio and @BMD

Reactions: Ashwin
Will the enlightened please show us a single nuclear plant producing an Exajoule per annum or 278TWh. Still waiting. The largest is 8GW, which running all year without stop gives 70TWh. And even the largest hydro plant falls short.

I assumed you meant 1EJ in a plant lifetime because the idea of 1EJ in 1 year hasn't been done, or even close.

Will the enlightened please show us a single nuclear plant producing an Exajoule per annum or 278TWh. Still waiting. The largest is 8GW, which running all year without stop gives 70TWh. And even the largest hydro plant falls short.

I assumed you meant 1EJ in a plant lifetime because the idea of 1EJ in 1 year hasn't been done, or even close.
Right because we were discussing TwH in lifetime scales:sneaky:

You were caught with your pants down.:LOL:

No amount of back-pedaling can change that now. Its a part of history bro. You thought 20 TwH is 'exajoule' scale.:eek: Period.

That aside, the fact remains, renewables are either the highly polluting and environmentally destructive biomass or the 'spent trillions still can't produce 1EJ' wind and solar.

that requires math and stuff

Wife : “Listen, shall we go to watch the circus ?”
Husband : “No......... I m busy.”
Wife : “It seems there's a girl riding on a lion without clothes ...!!!!!”
Husband : “You have become very stubborn .... in everything you want to be stubborn .....
okay ..let's go ..anyway I’ve not seen a lion for a long time ....!!!!!” ???
The rest of the story ...
Husband and wife went to watch the circus.
Husband had even bought the front row seats ... ?
Lion show started ....and also got over ...but no girl without clothes ..Soon, the entire Circus show was over...
Husband : “You told me there is a show where a girl comes without clothes?”
Wife : “I said a lion without clothes, not girl ........!”

Right because we were discussing TwH in lifetime scales:sneaky:

You were caught with your pants down.:LOL:

No amount of back-pedaling can change that now. Its a part of history bro. You thought 20 TwH is 'exajoule' scale.:eek: Period.

That aside, the fact remains, renewables are either the highly polluting and environmentally destructive biomass or the 'spent trillions still can't produce 1EJ' wind and solar.
Why not, it is a measure of total energy output over a period. And like I said, no current nuclear plant comes close to 1EJ/Year, so it was natural to assume you meant a longer period.

Still waiting to see this 1EJ/Year nuclear plant. Can you even show me any 0.5EJ/Year nuclear plant?

I've already explained sustainably managed forestry.

Now I know why my history teacher was always upset with me.... Especially after going thru the history thread....should meet her and apologise to her

do we get to have an investment thread? to discuss financial/investment strategies and stuff?