Off-Topic Chit-Chat

Bong food starts and end with rice and hilsa fish. They are like the other extreme of punjabis. I am more north east than bong actually.
I’m yet to explore NE food. Also in South Ex NE people owned restaurants are popular for their Chinese Dishes.
This one is right at the corner
Owner is Manipuri. But the chefs are mostly locals and few Nepali
4563D9A2-7205-4A9D-A7BC-26E9E0C32B14.jpeg
11EF8C54-F896-4902-9E4F-02AFE0496910.jpeg
97F06A64-742D-47AD-8BD9-967FF03520D1.jpeg

45150FAB-739D-4E0C-82B0-3E86022AE434.jpeg
C8F8984F-9ECA-4A9B-814B-62DF1168A690.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: AbRaj
@hellbent you are right.i was reading your comments on India China lac thread. I am urging the same to my indian friends. I want them to behave like one behave in real world.imagination can only destroy image of your country. Today they build helipad,tomorrow they will grab more land. Think about other countries who is watching this.no indian action doesn't serve any purpose. If you say that the land belongs to you,it should belongs to you. You should be willing to fight on your own.united states will not help. Their Navy might help you. Be realistic and do something. Tomorrow they will bring civilians in galwan.window of opportunity is small.
We know how to deal with Chinese. 1962 should not be taken as our weakness. The reason for losing the battle were anything but valour and fighting potential of our men.

Reactions: Arsalan123
He he he he

Just wait till I put put up my plans for Pakistan , hopefully it will be embraced with the same eagerness 🤣🤣🤣

And on another matter I do not understand the delusion that seems prevalent here , reality is we do not matter in real life on issues of national or even local importance , otherwise why spend time online going forth and back , when ironically few don't have the patience to read first .

Reactions: Arsalan123
ByteDance's Total revenue is $20 billion. Revenue from India is like $5 million. (That much they contributed to PM cares COVID fund!). And China is their biggest market hands down.

ERNP_EnUUAAx-1C

People should be looking at it from the point of view of national security not monetary. All serious money making is perceived, say 5 years down the line.

The difference between TikTok and Douyin - SupChina
Excellent counter Eshwin. It's a pity for all your erudition you remain an underachiever. You ought to post what you did here in the form of a tweet under the head of strat front to counter the other guys tweets. That way you boost the forums reputation, burnish your own & perhaps one day you'd laugh all the way to the bank. Like Ameit Kashyap does so today.

Folks a bit of off topic... (@Mods Please delete if you find it offensive, feel free to thread/full ban me)

On my personal side, I have decided one thing : If Modi / deep-state do not push Chinese back and yield and take this aggression lying down, I am done with being Indian much less being into Indian defence matters. Sorry if it sounds hypocritical or "attention-seeking" or "drama-baaz" etc. But this time around we had a government not short on political capital and were in a position with as much diplomatic strength as possible coupled with a defensible monetary situation. If they still yield, then I guess we are a nation losers and bow-downers as some folks call us. I know it will matter nothing, rather I don't matter at all and I won't be the first person to do this but this is the red line for myself. If I am from a nation and community of losers then I should make the best out of it -- by running away for good.

Yeah, no one is going to buy that first of all, and if they blame the military... They're guaranteeing their political suicide because no one wants to touch that hornet's nest with 10 foot barge pole and get their nationalism questioned.

It's a holy cow above reproach and BJP with their soldiers in Siachen rhetoric have amplified that. (I'm not saying anything negative about military, I'm pointing out it's position in the Indian politics). Opposition will rip them to shreds.

Modi will be soundly blamed and the best case scenario will be Shah having to do an orchestrated Brutus and Ceasar Modi politically. Worst case, "Neheru atleast fought '62 " gets traction and BJP is finished. There's only one way, and banning Pubg isn't it.
Its not as much as Modi covering his posteriors but deep state covering theirs. Modi is trying --though very feebly-- for something else : pivot from his nationalist image to a more of "Gareeb friendly" image. Trouble is, that place has too many contestants.

Last edited:
Folks a bit of off topic... (@Mods Please delete if you find it offensive, feel free to thread/full ban me)

On my personal side, I have decided one thing : If Modi / deep-state do not push Chinese back and yield and take this aggression lying down, I am done with being Indian much less being into Indian defence matters. Sorry if it sounds hypocritical or "attention-seeking" or "drama-baaz" etc. But this time around we had a government not short on political capital and were in a position with as much diplomatic strength as possible coupled with a defensible monetary situation. If they still yield, then I guess we are a nation losers and bow-downers as some folks call us. I know it will matter nothing, rather I don't matter at all and I won't be the first person to do this but this is the red line for myself. If I am from a nation and community of losers then I should make the best out of it -- by running away for good.
:ROFLMAO: grow up dude. We have been like that for through the history this is nothing new. It is not chinese land grab that should have opened our eyes but our own inaction against corrupt ppl.

Just think about few years back ministers from karnataka of current ruling party were caught exporting iron ore illegally to china. They looted the state and provided china with low cost raw materials.

Somehow, my gut tells me that we have grown up a bit too much. May be we misunderstood meaning of maturity.

Wars are NOT FOUGHT on empty Stomachs

Lockdowns have already screwed the Economy

Oil prices are rising

Poor people have been promised free ration till November

In case you are Not aware , After 1971 Victory there were severe economic hardships from 1973 onwards

That led to agitations and imposition of emergency

Onion prices in India have led to election defeats for BJP in 1998 and the First Non Congress govt in 1980
Was defeated in election that year

It Was also blamed for mismanagement In controlling onion prices

Wars are NOT FOUGHT on empty Stomachs

Lockdowns have already screwed the Economy

Oil prices are rising

Poor people have been promised free ration till November

In case you are Not aware , After 1971 Victory there were severe economic hardships from 1973 onwards

That led to agitations and imposition of emergency

Onion prices in India have led to election defeats for BJP in 1998 and the First Non Congress govt in 1980
Was defeated in election that year

It Was also blamed for mismanagement In controlling onion prices

Wars are also not always fought at your convenience. Should we tell the Chinese to wait till our economy improves?

Reactions: Hydra
You wouldn't think so given the size and colour of font you're using.

I used that font size so that you wouldn't need bifocals at your age to check on what I've written & the colour was to check if you're colour blind.

Strategic partner with no influence in the region. The EU is only concerned with its own bottom line, it would happily give China head if there was money to be made.
As far as I know France has conducted FONOPs in the SCS many times.How many times has UK done so? @Picdelamirand-oil

As far as your assessment of the EU goes, it's pre Chinese pandemic. Not true of them anymore. OTOH you're up shit creek without a paddle.

A bridge too far.

In the event the G-7 meeting in the US will see Russia's participation courtesy Trump.

Not really, as I've pointed out we still found out anyway, just without the need of an interpreter. Ah yes Iran, that heavily sanctioned nation.
Twice the shame Paddy. In spite of being in such a weakened state they managed to pull it off & all you could do was watch being cuckolded. Btw - Isn't being cuckolded an old British hobby?

This news seems to be the closest thing you've had to sex all week arseling. Have the cows been taken for milking again?

You seem very concerned & curious about my sex life Paddy. I'm fairly satisfied with it. Thanks for enquiring. I think I understand where it comes from - No sex please, we're British, stiff upper lip & all that blah.

Here. From one of my favorite shows. Still rings true after all these years.

And for the last time, I'm not interested in your mom, your sister or your wife or whoever the Irishwoman you plan to hook me up with.

Last edited: