Off-Topic Chit-Chat

You're breaking my heart. Look, this isn't a place where you can get too serious, can you. There's no reward here for credibility. The downside being you lose your credibility if you make up too many stories.

🙄

What's so difficult to understand about a greater string of purchases coming up after 2022? There's a whole line of them ready to be signed over the next 2 years alone.

🙄

What's so difficult to understand about a greater string of purchases coming up after 2022? There's a whole line of them ready to be signed over the next 2 years alone.
Let's wait till Apr 2023. In the meanwhile let me introduce you to Faiz - the Urdu poet. When asked what did he think will happen to the state of affairs in Paxtan in the course of an interview...

Interviewer - kya khayal hain, faiz sahab, ab kya hoga?
Faiz - kuch nahin hoga barkhurdar. Bas aise hi chalta rahega.

Stop propagating blatant fake news/clickbait news videos. Search for actual news item and post here.
Explain it before debunking the video
1) LCH was ready long bac, why we arent inducting it?
2) ULH from kalyani? What happened?
3)The turkeish ship, what a shame. We threatened them earlier by telling that india will cancel the deal, but eventually we are going for it.
4) IA requirements for light tank is as old as a well aged wine.still no movement from drdo to materialise it.

Let's wait till Apr 2023. In the meanwhile let me introduce you to Faiz - the Urdu poet. When asked what did he think will happen to the state of affairs in Paxtan in the course of an interview...

Interviewer - kya khayal hain, faiz sahab, ab kya hoga?
Faiz - kuch nahin hoga barkhurdar. Bas aise hi chalta rahega.

Okay, so "from 2022" = "only 2022". Right... You do realise they take at least 2 years to negotiate a long term contract.

You've obviously forgotten, perhaps due to this higher power, but I provided dates and defence spending all the way to 2030. Pointed out that long term deals will begin around 2022 and we will be signing big ticket deals the same size as the superpowers do by 2030. For example, the FICV is already expected to cost $10B, and the tank version of FRCV alone will cost upwards of $40B, never mind the fmaily of dozen vehicles built around it.

The 2022 date is important because, other than it being the last 2 years of Modi's term, it also announces the end of India's import dependence and the beginning of long term indigenous projects, like the ATAGS, LCH etc, which will give a massive fillip to Modi's Make in India plan for defence. This has already begun, with imports being reduced to about 40% of our defence purchases already and exports seeing a massive rise riding on the string of reforms that happened under Parrikar.

The Ministry of Defence’s annual report 2018-19 records that the defence exports were worth Rs 10,745 crore, a growth of more than 100 per cent from 2017-18 (Rs 4,682 crore) and over 700 per cent since 2016-17 (Rs 1,521 crore).

So a little less higher power and a little more reading will go a long way to understand this subject.

Explain it before debunking the video
1) LCH was ready long bac, why we arent inducting it?
2) ULH from kalyani? What happened?
3)The turkeish ship, what a shame. We threatened them earlier by telling that india will cancel the deal, but eventually we are going for it.
4) IA requirements for light tank is as old as a well aged wine.still no movement from drdo to materialise it.
1) First, they have to order before inducting. DAC approved 15 of them, order by year-end.
2) Where is the outstanding requirement? Did they change IA artillery modernization plan?
3) So?
4) Which requirement? Is there a tender out? If its urgent why would they wait for DRDO?

There is nothing to debunk here. Some commonsense and ability to search can answer these questions.

Okay, so "from 2022" = "only 2022". Right... You do realise they take at least 2 years to negotiate a long term contract.

You've obviously forgotten, perhaps due to this higher power, but I provided dates and defence spending all the way to 2030. Pointed out that long term deals will begin around 2022 and we will be signing big ticket deals the same size as the superpowers do by 2030. For example, the FICV is already expected to cost $10B, and the tank version of FRCV alone will cost upwards of $40B, never mind the fmaily of dozen vehicles built around it.

The 2022 date is important because, other than it being the last 2 years of Modi's term, it also announces the end of India's import dependence and the beginning of long term indigenous projects, like the ATAGS, LCH etc, which will give a massive fillip to Modi's Make in India plan for defence. This has already begun, with imports being reduced to about 40% of our defence purchases already and exports seeing a massive rise riding on the string of reforms that happened under Parrikar.

The Ministry of Defence’s annual report 2018-19 records that the defence exports were worth Rs 10,745 crore, a growth of more than 100 per cent from 2017-18 (Rs 4,682 crore) and over 700 per cent since 2016-17 (Rs 1,521 crore).

So a little less higher power and a little more reading will go a long way to understand this subject.
All your arguments are contingent on how our economy behaves. There were plenty of indicators even before the Chinese virus overtook our economy & flattened it to suggest we were hitting a recession in fiscal 2021. With this virus, our economy is in a recession & the longer the virus lasts the longer would be our recovery. This much is obvious. Add war clouds to it hovering over our heads & the rest will see why it's hard to be as optimistic as you are about that magical year & totemic 2022 that you love holding up.

All your arguments are contingent on how our economy behaves. There were plenty of indicators even before the Chinese virus overtook our economy & flattened it to suggest we were hitting a recession in fiscal 2021. With this virus, our economy is in a recession & the longer the virus lasts the longer would be our recovery. This much is obvious. Add war clouds to it hovering over our heads & the rest will see why it's hard to be as optimistic as you are about that magical year & totemic 2022 that you love holding up.

It's the import programs that will take a hit. It's the indigenous production and export programs that will get a boost because of the significant cost difference.

Add war clouds hovering over our heads, if in case of a full blown war, then war economy will take hold. Govt spending will get diverted to making weapons. But it's unlikely to get to that point.

Regardless, if the govt is aiming for yearly exports of $5B, then one can only imagine how much money has to be spent on domestic orders first. Even a debt-fueled expenditure in defence will yield dividends. A lot of countries, especially the ASEAN, will want to buy weapons due to the Chinese belligerence. Combine that with DRDO's new found success in weapons R&D, we have a lot of stuff to make in just a few years.

Reactions: jetray
It's the import programs that will take a hit. It's the indigenous production and export programs that will get a boost because of the significant cost difference.

Add war clouds hovering over our heads, if in case of a full blown war, then war economy will take hold. Govt spending will get diverted to making weapons. But it's unlikely to get to that point.

Regardless, if the govt is aiming for yearly exports of $5B, then one can only imagine how much money has to be spent on domestic orders first. Even a debt-fueled expenditure in defence will yield dividends. A lot of countries, especially the ASEAN, will want to buy weapons due to the Chinese belligerence. Combine that with DRDO's new found success in weapons R&D, we have a lot of stuff to make in just a few years.
Imports will definitely be hit but so will domestic production. The operating mantra here is more import substitution than anything. So all those big ticket purchases viz NLH gets postponed till ALH - Mk3 comes online, MMRCA 2.0 gets indefinitely postponed if not scrapped, etc.

The rest of your post is too optimism fuelled for me to comment on.

Imports will definitely be hit but so will domestic production. The operating mantra here is more import substitution than anything. So all those big ticket purchases viz NLH gets postponed till ALH - Mk3 comes online, MMRCA 2.0 gets indefinitely postponed if not scrapped, etc.

The rest of your post is too optimism fuelled for me to comment on.

See for yourself.

Indonesia has already hinted at increasing defence spending by 21% this year.

Once their economies go back on track next year, what do you think will happen?

Just wait and watch. GOI needs money. Indian economy is likely to go into deflation. What does that mean? Indian govt can print more currency to come out of deflation to rise to about 3% inflation. That will give more money to GOI to play with finances.

Okay, like that. Yeah, quantitative easing is one such answer.

But this will mainly help the domestic industry. Imports will suffer with a much weaker rupee during this time.

1) First, they have to order before inducting. DAC approved 15 of them, order by year-end.
2) Where is the outstanding requirement? Did they change IA artillery modernization plan?
3) So?
4) Which requirement? Is there a tender out? If its urgent why would they wait for DRDO?

There is nothing to debunk here. Some commonsense and ability to search can answer these questions.
1) thats what i am saying, while purchasing from a PSU they end up with countless negotiations and waisted years.the video clearly says that only.
2) again same point, when we have time.we didn't ordered any thing and DM.is running here and there like a headless chicken.
3) so.it is true that india is constructing few turkish tankers asper video. Then why the hell.you ask.me to stop fake news? Its a facy.
4) Google is everybody's friend, go and search FMBT requirements
At the end of the day the things.mentioned in that viseo all are facts, but a fake video asper you...

1) thats what i am saying, while purchasing from a PSU they end up with countless negotiations and waisted years.the video clearly says that only.
2) again same point, when we have time.we didn't ordered any thing and DM.is running here and there like a headless chicken.
3) so.it is true that india is constructing few turkish tankers asper video. Then why the hell.you ask.me to stop fake news? Its a facy.
4) Google is everybody's friend, go and search FMBT requirements
At the end of the day the things.mentioned in that viseo all are facts, but a fake video asper you...
1)It has been always like that. Nothing new.
2)There is no requirement. What will DM do?
3)Go to the respective thread and follow the discussion there. You will know why.
4)FMBT is not a light tank genius. So fake news.

This is not the whatsapp group to post without a basic spell check or fack check.

• Haha
Reactions: _Anonymous_
That Aviator Anil Chopra guy is serial list, for few RT and likes he claim any thing, was caught few days back sharing old pics of coffins when 20 soldiers died, have done it regularly in past too.
Read his tweet again, he doesn't say its Pangong Tso ,he says looks so much like Pangong.

Read his tweet again, he doesn't say its Pangong Tso ,he says looks so much like Pangong.
I know, he just plants a doubt with current situation, don't claim anything outright, shares a pictures, quotes a recent event and resemblance and it's intentional as he has done it couple of time. Followers get wrong idea and then becomes creation of new fake facts and narrative, they pass it as orginal. Perfect system, when someone questions you can say I never claimed it but you did put a fake picture, video knowing the reality to be different and didn't tell it even when people were misinterpreting it. Half truths it's called, more dangerous than any falsehood.

Example -

Man followed by Nirmala Sitaraman and other political heavy weights, getting the ideas from that fraud and misleading. Don't be surprised if some news channel picks it up and show it as Pangong Tso.

Last edited:
I know, he just plants a doubt with current situation, don't claim anything outright, shares a pictures, quotes a recent event and resemblance and it's intentional as he has done it couple of time. Followers get wrong idea and then becomes creation of new fake facts and narrative, they pass it as orginal. Perfect system, when someone questions you can say I never claimed it but you did put a fake picture, video knowing the reality to be different and didn't tell it even when people were misinterpreting it. Half truths it's called, more dangerous than any falsehood.

Example -

Man followed by Nirmala Sitaraman and other political heavy weights, getting the ideas from that fraud and misleading. Don't be surprised if some news channel picks it up and show it as Pangong Tso.
Its fault of those who interpret it wrong and not his. He didn't deceive anybody. He clearly mentions that it looks so much like Pangong implying our Apaches will perform similar over the lake.

@hellbent you are right.i was reading your comments on India China lac thread. I am urging the same to my indian friends. I want them to behave like one behave in real world.imagination can only destroy image of your country. Today they build helipad,tomorrow they will grab more land. Think about other countries who is watching this.no indian action doesn't serve any purpose. If you say that the land belongs to you,it should belongs to you. You should be willing to fight on your own.united states will not help. Their Navy might help you. Be realistic and do something. Tomorrow they will bring civilians in galwan.window of opportunity is small.