Off-Topic Chit-Chat

Figured, with them being your acquaintances.
I believe that when a certain someone made that definitive tatement that man isn't perfect, he had the Irish in mind for how imperfect those imperfections could be. The advantage straight up is you come with such low expectations that you can only be pleasantly surprised assuming the subject is a non Irish to begin with.

That's the principle with which I operate when it comes to running an operation. Obviously, with such expectations ( low) to begin with, Sean Murphy didn't disappoint in the least. He'd overhaul a compressor in half the time with at least a dozen parts left out. If one could excuse mishaps like those, he was fine ( I mean , with the Irish, what else can one expect).

But I'd tell you this, he made one hell of a menial. He could do the job of 2 sometimes 3 helpers all alone. This is a great skill to have on a rig. That's how he was retained. To these you could add other defects like what I've described in the above post. I'm sure you'd learn what a great guy he is when he & cousin are above you. Gives you plenty of time to bond. Pun unintended. 😜🤣😂

I believe that when a certain someone made that definitive tatement that man isn't perfect, he had the Irish in mind for how imperfect those imperfections could be. The advantage straight up is you come with such low expectations that you can only be pleasantly surprised assuming the subject is a non Irish to begin with.

That's the principle with which I operate when it comes to running an operation. Obviously, with such expectations ( low) to begin with, Sean Murphy didn't disappoint in the least. He'd overhaul a compressor in half the time with at least a dozen parts left out. If one could excuse mishaps like those, he was fine ( I mean , with the Irish, what else can one expect).

But I'd tell you this, he made one hell of a menial. He could do the job of 2 sometimes 3 helpers all alone. This is a great skill to have on a rig. That's how he was retained. To these you could add other defects like what I've described in the above post. I'm sure you'd learn what a great guy he is when he & cousin are above you. Gives you plenty of time to bond. Pun unintended. 😜🤣😂
@Ashwin Could you please explain what this idiot is talking about?

• Haha
Reactions: _Anonymous_
Oh boy!!!! I still remember that fateful day, had driven 135 kms most of the time texting/tweeting/calling (reaching home without a scratch was a miracle).... in the end being called a pakistani or a pakistani agent😐😐

Those were days of struggle to build this forum......and I am (we are) happy with the outcome.....
Congratulations Team Strategic front!!! 4 years completed!!! (y)

Poor levina was on the receiving end, had to post a video of herself
Hahaha
That day he forced me to post a video and now I have a youtube channel. Hehe
I guess that's how life works.

Boy o boy, our friend Raj47 is back in the news. For all the wrong reasons.

@Milspec ; @suryakiran ; @Ashwin ; @nair ; @Falcon ; @vstol Jockey ; @Bali78 ; @BlackOpsIndia ; @RISING SUN ; @lcafanboy ; @Nilgiri ; @STEPHEN COHEN & other forum veterans.

@Gautam ; @hellbent

Lesson learnt.Not only images but articles too need watermarks.
KARMA! Absolute Karma!!!
Gokhale hd copied a Navy veteran's article and earned a million viewers for the video.
Col Raj Bhatt, well, he too received his Karma. Lol

I guess we finally completed a LONG karmic cycle, where one was copying and blaming the other. :D

Thanks..... Did not realise..... 4 years......

Hahaha
Oh yeah......... But then those incidents were a reason to get rid of some of those backpacks we picked up from the green forum and Older Forum......

Reactions: Levina
Thanks..... Did not realise..... 4 years......

Oh yeah......... But then those incidents were a reason to get rid of some of those backpacks we picked up from the green forum and Older Forum......
Yeah, ultimately everything happens for a reason. I guess! This one hd a happy ending. :)

1608199852513.png

Reactions: nair

Hahaha

KARMA! Absolute Karma!!!
Gokhale hd copied a Navy veteran's article and earned a million viewers for the video.
Col Raj Bhatt, well, he too received his Karma. Lol

I guess we finally completed a LONG karmic cycle, where one was copying and blaming the other. :D
Welcome back. I see you don't post here at all. It's more like twice a year, to be precise.

Welcome back. I see you don't post here at all. It's more like twice a year, to be precise.
I hd parted with the team in 2018, and then started to concentrate on my own stuff. I used to write articles, then I slowly moved to YT , and now my hands are full.

@_Anonymous_ - finally got Ravi Rikhye's book I was talking about.

Off topic but since we are discussing Ravi Rikhye - I have been looking for his book the fourth round for a few years. No Luck. Any leads will be much appreciated

If you're on Twitter , you can DM him. If not, I can ask him. Or maybe not. If he mails me a copy, I'd find it a bit too embarrassing.

1608829986655.png

An unhealthy obsession + hounding the publisher + reaching out to bookshops specializing in old books.

Finally found a copy at a bookstore in Mumbai. Got it shipped to Canada. Just in time for the Christmas break.

I now have a India Pakistan War Game and a superb book for my holidays
Which book shop? There used to be a time I got rare books from New & Used Bookstore from Kalbadevi. This was in the pre Amazon era when Strand bookstore couldn't deliver . Unfortunately both shut down - the former before Amazon set up shop & the latter a short while after Amazon set up shop.

Which book shop? There used to be a time I got rare books from New & Used Bookstore from Kalbadevi. This was in the pre Amazon era when Strand bookstore couldn't deliver . Unfortunately both shut down - the former before Amazon set up shop & the latter a short while after Amazon set up shop.
Try these guys

These guys actually sold me the book
Amazon.in

These guys have some very good collections as well.
Best Book Centre | Buy Books Online | Popular Books - Hyderabad
Half Price Books India - Pune

I remember the days when I got a hardbound 1940 print of Gone with the wind in the open book market of Chandigarh for 20 Rupees

I used to buy Tom Clancy novels there for 40-50 rupees in 2004. Those were the days

Try these guys

These guys actually sold me the book
Amazon.in

These guys have some very good collections as well.
Best Book Centre | Buy Books Online | Popular Books - Hyderabad
Half Price Books India - Pune

I remember the days when I got a hardbound 1940 print of Gone with the wind in the open book market of Chandigarh for 20 Rupees

I used to buy Tom Clancy novels there for 40-50 rupees in 2004. Those were the days
Thanks for the tip. Do remember to write a review.
My late uncle had a what's now yellowing copy of the book from the same vintage autographed by Margaret Mitchell. It's now a family heirloom with his kids - my cousins.

Reactions: Jaymax
@randomradio @_Anonymous_ @Ashwin

I came across something interesting.

I hope you guys remember post-URI Ajai Shukla and a few other well known analysts and retired officer insisted that such actions have been taken multiple times in the past but just were under the radar.

I was watching an old NDTV video where Ajai Shukla States that India really has zero options to retaliate because of unpredibility of the escalation ladder.

16:30 onwards

And then produces this clueless piece on his blog (read the user comments- they are quite funny too)

The options he states for India starts off with
"India’s first option is to retaliate through fires (the effect of weapons) without Indian forces physically crossing the LoC. This would involve “fire assaults” on targets across the border, using artillery, missiles, and multi-barrel rocket launchers and Brahmos cruise missiles for deeper-lying targets. A fire assault involves suddenly opening up intense fire with massed weapons on an unsuspecting and carefully chosen target, catching people in the open and inflicting heavy casualties."

It pretty much solidifies that the chap is completely oblivious of what our Para guys are capable off, and precedences where IA operatives have carried out actions across the LOC.

Thought you guys will find it interesting.

@Killbot @Lolwa @nair @Parthu @STEPHEN COHEN

@randomradio @_Anonymous_ @Ashwin

I came across something interesting.

I hope you guys remember post-URI Ajai Shukla and a few other well known analysts and retired officer insisted that such actions have been taken multiple times in the past but just were under the radar.

I was watching an old NDTV video where Ajai Shukla States that India really has zero options to retaliate because of unpredibility of the escalation ladder.

16:30 onwards

And then produces this clueless piece on his blog (read the user comments- they are quite funny too)

The options he states for India starts off with
"India’s first option is to retaliate through fires (the effect of weapons) without Indian forces physically crossing the LoC. This would involve “fire assaults” on targets across the border, using artillery, missiles, and multi-barrel rocket launchers and Brahmos cruise missiles for deeper-lying targets. A fire assault involves suddenly opening up intense fire with massed weapons on an unsuspecting and carefully chosen target, catching people in the open and inflicting heavy casualties."

It pretty much solidifies that the chap is completely oblivious of what our Para guys are capable off, and precedences where IA operatives have carried out actions across the LOC.

Thought you guys will find it interesting.

@Killbot @Lolwa @nair @Parthu @STEPHEN COHEN

Colonel Shukla has always been a part of the " Peace lobby " or the Wagah Candle kissers

Anyway , for me the Really Funny thing Post Uri Surgical Strikes was when Pakistan Army had to bring 2 Divisions from Afghanistan border , to plug the gaps on LOC

Even they were surprised by the Para SF raids at 7 places at once

And when the Artillery shelling restarted ie the 155 mm , it was like
" Thank God , Man Mohan Singh has been finally buried "

PS : Colonel.Shukla was from the Armoured Corps

An Infantry officer would never have said such a thing

L1 was declared in Q1 2015. Its now 6th year.

Rafale and M777 tender were canceled. M777 was cleared under FMS route.
I was clearly referring to the prices. I'm aware of the cancellation of the tender. To quote you on me - He may be suffering from STML but he's not a fool.

Kindly do not mistake me for Hydra.
Yes, this can fill both aircraft's roles with better performance.
If you have a replacement coming 3 decades later , quite obviously it'd be better isn't it. What's today, Eshwin? Counter Intuition Day at work.

I was clearly referring to the prices.
Where exactly were you referring to prices?

This is the thread ->
Only thing interesting here how the deal is alive after close to 5 years of negotiations.
Is this the first such instance?
I think so.
The M777 saga comes to mind & so does the Rafale saga, first off the bat.
Memory loss is acute than I expected.