Naxalite–Maoist insurgency: Updates and Discussions

Gautam

Team StratFront
Feb 16, 2019
12,287
8,848
Tripura, NE, India
Maoists issue fresh threat to Odisha villagers for standing up to them

Around 1000 policemen from the Special Operations Group, District Voluntary Force and Border Security Force are guarding the affected Jodambo gram panchayat area since last few days.

Updated: Jan 30, 2020 20:33 IST
By Debabrata Mohanty
Hindustan Times, Bhubaneswar
Maoists left posters threatening consequences in the Malkangiri area that had stood up against the rebels before the Republic Day.(HT Photo/File/Representative)

Maoists have issued fresh threats to Odisha villagers who had refused to follow their diktats and fought them bravely a day before the Republic Day. The rebels left posters in the ‘Swabhiman Anchal’ area in Malkangiri district-- a hotbed of insurgency-- telling villagers to “stop being swayed by fake promises of the police”.

The handwritten note in Telugu also warned of fatal consequences for opposing the Maoists. The Thursday note was also an acknowledgment of their clash with villagers when the Malkangiri division of Maoists had only yesterday issued an audiotape denying any face-off with people in Janturai village.

On the night of January 25, tribals in Janturai village under Jodambo gram panchayat in the ‘Swabhiman Anchala’ area had killed one Maoist and injured another, when more than 25 rebels swooped down on their village opposing the construction of a road in the left-wing rebels’ stronghold.

The villagers armed with stones and arrows had resisted their move and killed local area committee member Ganga Madi alias Adma and injured Jipro Habika. In retaliation, Maoists burnt down about a dozen houses in Jodambo village of ‘Swabhiman Anchala’ and looted the locals.

Malkangiri SP Khilari Rishikesh Dnyandeo said police would always stand by the villagers who raised their voice against Maoists.

“Although we condemn the violence in any form but it seems that it was a natural outburst of the villagers, in their self-defence, against the unreasonable demands and illegal means of the Maoists. When the villagers asked had the Maoists done for the area in 30 years and why were they opposing the development, the rebels resorted to blank firing,” said the SP.

Referring to the video footage of the face-off between the villagers and the Maoists that is doing the rounds in social media, the SP said it clearly shows that the Maoists are threatening the villagers and holding explosives like grenades.

The SP said the ultras had mercilessly beaten up elderly persons and children in the Jodambo village, looted property and burnt down several houses. He promised protection to the villagers.

“The villagers in the ‘Swabhiman Anchala’ have nothing to fear and they will be protected,” he said.

Around 1000 policemen from the Special Operations Group, District Voluntary Force and Border Security Force are guarding the affected Jodambo gram panchayat area since last few days.

The police said new houses will be built for those whose houses were burnt. Several villagers had been given shelter in Kuntarpadar police camp till the situation normalizes and given Rs 30000 each.

Maoists issue fresh threat to Odisha villagers for standing up to them
 

Deathstar

Well-Known member
Jun 1, 2019
1,622
951
India
Maoists issue fresh threat to Odisha villagers for standing up to them

Around 1000 policemen from the Special Operations Group, District Voluntary Force and Border Security Force are guarding the affected Jodambo gram panchayat area since last few days.

Updated: Jan 30, 2020 20:33 IST
By Debabrata Mohanty
Hindustan Times, Bhubaneswar
Maoists left posters threatening consequences in the Malkangiri area that had stood up against the rebels before the Republic Day.(HT Photo/File/Representative)

Maoists have issued fresh threats to Odisha villagers who had refused to follow their diktats and fought them bravely a day before the Republic Day. The rebels left posters in the ‘Swabhiman Anchal’ area in Malkangiri district-- a hotbed of insurgency-- telling villagers to “stop being swayed by fake promises of the police”.

The handwritten note in Telugu also warned of fatal consequences for opposing the Maoists. The Thursday note was also an acknowledgment of their clash with villagers when the Malkangiri division of Maoists had only yesterday issued an audiotape denying any face-off with people in Janturai village.

On the night of January 25, tribals in Janturai village under Jodambo gram panchayat in the ‘Swabhiman Anchala’ area had killed one Maoist and injured another, when more than 25 rebels swooped down on their village opposing the construction of a road in the left-wing rebels’ stronghold.

The villagers armed with stones and arrows had resisted their move and killed local area committee member Ganga Madi alias Adma and injured Jipro Habika. In retaliation, Maoists burnt down about a dozen houses in Jodambo village of ‘Swabhiman Anchala’ and looted the locals.

Malkangiri SP Khilari Rishikesh Dnyandeo said police would always stand by the villagers who raised their voice against Maoists.

“Although we condemn the violence in any form but it seems that it was a natural outburst of the villagers, in their self-defence, against the unreasonable demands and illegal means of the Maoists. When the villagers asked had the Maoists done for the area in 30 years and why were they opposing the development, the rebels resorted to blank firing,” said the SP.

Referring to the video footage of the face-off between the villagers and the Maoists that is doing the rounds in social media, the SP said it clearly shows that the Maoists are threatening the villagers and holding explosives like grenades.

The SP said the ultras had mercilessly beaten up elderly persons and children in the Jodambo village, looted property and burnt down several houses. He promised protection to the villagers.

“The villagers in the ‘Swabhiman Anchala’ have nothing to fear and they will be protected,” he said.

Around 1000 policemen from the Special Operations Group, District Voluntary Force and Border Security Force are guarding the affected Jodambo gram panchayat area since last few days.

The police said new houses will be built for those whose houses were burnt. Several villagers had been given shelter in Kuntarpadar police camp till the situation normalizes and given Rs 30000 each.

Maoists issue fresh threat to Odisha villagers for standing up to them
Enough of this Naxalite nonsense. We need to start using UCAVs and beat the shit out of them. Terror cuts terror. We need to become terrorists for these people.
Why are we so lax against these rats.
I really believe cheap way is to buy those Kalashnikov drones developed by Russia and use it to kill these terrorists.
It will be a sweet justice if we use Chinese drones to kill these Mao lunatics.
 

GASOLINE_ON_FIRE

Active member
Dec 3, 2017
144
177
Sukma Attack News: Bastar Maoist ambush: 17 security personnel killed, 15 injured | India News - Times of India

Bastar Maoist ambush: 17 security personnel killed, 15 injured
Joseph John | TNN | Updated: Mar 22, 2020, 15:48 IST

RAIPUR: In one of the worst incidents of Maoist violence in the last two years, 17 security personnel were killed, 15 injured and 16 weapons were taken away by the Naxalites after Saturday night’s deadly ambush in the forests of Sukma district in Bastar region of Chhattisgarh.

"17 bodies of security personnel belonging to Special Task Force (STF) and District Reserve Guards have been recovered ", Director general of police Durgesh Madhav Awaasthi told TOI on Sunday afternoon.
He said 15 security personnel, who were injured in the deadly ambush, have already been hospitalised while Maoist rebels have looted 16 weapons from the security forces after the ambush.

While the attack took place on late Saturday evening, security reinforcements could reach the ambush site only this afternoon due to inclement weather. Besides, they had to take extra precautions in view of the possibility that Maoists could unleash a fresh attack on the security personnel trying to retrieve the bodies from the encounter spot.

The encounter took place in the dense forests closer to Minpa and Kasalpad, where Maoists had laid an ambush and opened indiscriminate fire upon the security personnel. The forces retaliated to the gunfire, leading to an encounter that continued for about five hours.
 
  • Informative
Reactions: Gautam

GASOLINE_ON_FIRE

Active member
Dec 3, 2017
144
177
Same incident different news source

hindustantimes.com
13 security personnel missing after encounter with Maoists in Chhattisgarh

Ritesh Mishra

2 minutes

Home / India News / 13 security personnel missing after encounter with Maoists in Chhattisgarh

Thirteen security personnel have gone missing after a major encounter on Saturday evening with Maoists in Sukma district of Bastar region, police said. Police said that 14 other personnel were injured and were brought to Raipur , about 400 km north of Sukma for treatment on Saturday night. Chhatisgarh’s Director General of Police (DGP) D M Awasthi said the encounter took place at around 1 pm on Saturday near Korajguda hills in Chintagufa area when a joint team of security forces was out on an anti-Maoist operation.

“There were multiple encounters after 1pm, which took place in that area till evening. After the force came back we found that 13 jawans of state police were missing and 14 were injured,” Awasthi said. The operation was launched by the police’s District Reserve Guard (DRG), Special Task Force and CoBRA (Commando Battalion for Resolute Action) had launched the operation from Chintagufa and involved 150 security personnel, A large reinforcement was sent to encounter spot on Sunday morning, the DGP said.

“We have launched operation for 13 missing security personnel on Sunday and waiting for the results,” said the police chief.
The DGP further said that the encounter took place with battalion number one of CPI (Maoist), which is led by Mandavi Hidma. “There were about 300 Maoists who were led by Hidma … We have information that the cadres of other states have also gathering near Minpa,” the DGP added.

Earlier this month, two Chhattisgarh Armed Forces (CAF) personnel were killed and a Central Reserve Police Forces (CRPF) trooper was injured in an ambush by Maoists in Bastar district.