Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning and F-22 'Raptor' : News & Discussion

1. Made no such claim.
2. India media made the claim and it was picked up by some in western media. Shame on western media for believing anything that comes out of Indian media.
-The Indian Air Force (IAF) is formally requesting a classified briefing by U.S. defense contractor Lockheed Martin on the capabilities of its fifth-generation stealth multirole F-35A Joint Strike Fighter Lightning II, the aircraft’s conventional takeoff and landing version, according to Indian media reports.

3. IAF air chief said no such request ever happened which also makes you Indians liars since many of you here claim India has gotten F-35 classified briefing.
Makes all Indians liars? I seem to be old enough to recall Dubya & his administration claim that I raq had weapons of mass destruction i.e "Nuculur" Weapons in Dubyaspeak - a language semi literate Americans such as yourself are familiar with, which was duly picked up & reported by your media & lapped up by half witted unwashed Americans which pretty much includes your entire population.

Gulf War -2 was initiated & 18 yrs later there's no trace of N weapons, millions are dead & still dying in I raq & neither the US media nor the unwashed Americans have ever asked - what about those N weapons?

All this makes Indians liars.

“General Bipin Rawat, India’s chief of defence staff, says that the technology has never been offered by the U.S. to India. Indian Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) General Bipin Rawat on Thursday scotched a longstanding rumor about India’s possible acquisition of American F-35 fighter jets, as he told a foreign policy conference that Washington had never offered New Delhi the multirole combat aircraft,” the ELE Times report states.
Could U.S. F-35 Stealth Fighters Soon Be Heading to India? | The National Interest

Lockheed Martin denies offering India fifth-generation F-35 fighter​

Lockheed Martin, the US aerospace giant, rebutted a report that was widely published in the Indian media, that it had offered the state-of-the-art F-35 Lightning II fighter to the country. The F-35, a fifth-generation fighter, that is only now entering service in significant numbers, is superior to the F-16 Block 70 fighter that Lockheed Martin is offering India in its proposed purchase of an estimated 100 single-engine fighters.
Lockheed Martin denies offering India fifth-generation F-35 fighter | Business Standard News (business-standard.com)

It's always MAY offer or THEY'D LIKE to offer, WILLING to offer or INTERESTED in selling but US has never OFFICIALLY offered the F-35 to India. Almost offering doesn't correlate to classified briefing.

Yeah, he's referring to MRFA. The F-35 wasn't offered for ToT and production.
Too many movies. With missiles, you're either undamaged or dead mostly, the 0.01% of cases falling between these two are negligible.

Er... no. Jets do receive plenty of damage and do fly back damaged, as long as they do not crash.

The first of the foundational agreements was signed way back in 2012 IIRC. This was preceded by the 123 Nuclear Agreement between India & the US which thereby allowed India a special waiver by the NSG. All this was sealed by 2008.

Are you arguing that India getting a waiver from the NSG & subsequent membership of the Australia Group, the MTCR & the Wassenaar Agreement - ALL ENABLED BY THE US is somehow less critical than India getting a briefing classified or otherwise on your gold plated sorry make that platinum plated F-35?
Why are you changing the topic? What does this have to do with US officially not offering F-35 or classified briefing that never took place?
Makes all Indians liars? I seem to be old enough to recall Dubya & his administration claim that I raq had weapons of mass destruction i.e "Nuculur" Weapons in Dubyaspeak - a language semi literate Americans such as yourself are familiar with, which was duly picked up & reported by your media & lapped up by half witted unwashed Americans which pretty much includes your entire population.

Gulf War -2 was initiated & 18 yrs later there's no trace of N weapons, millions are dead & still dying in I raq & neither the US media nor the unwashed Americans have ever asked - what about those N weapons?

All this makes Indians liars.
Again why are you changing topic and deflecting to something else?

Yeah, he's referring to MRFA. The F-35 wasn't offered for ToT and production.

Er... no. Jets do receive plenty of damage and do fly back damaged, as long as they do not crash.
And? Even before US has never officially offered the F-35 to India it's always MAY offer or THEY'D LIKE to offer, WILLING to offer or INTERESTED in selling but US has never OFFICIALLY offered the F-35 to India. Do you understand this?

Willing to offer F-35 to India if US govt approves: Lockheed | World News - Hindustan Times

Why are you changing the topic? What does this have to do with US officially not offering F-35 or classified briefing that never took place?
What does it look like dummy? It's called drawing a comparison. That's what it is.
Again why are you changing topic and deflecting to something else?
In response to your sweeping assertions of all Indians being liars. You don't like such statements, Puto, don't make such sweeping assertions. As simple as that.

What does it look like dummy? It's called drawing a comparison. That's what it is.

In response to your sweeping assertions of all Indians being liars. You don't like such statements, Puto, don't make such sweeping assertions. As simple as that.
Where did I call ALL you Indians liars?

"IAF air chief said no such request ever happened which also makes you Indians liars since many of you here claim India has gotten F-35 classified briefing"

See how you make my point that many of you Indians are liars? :ROFLMAO:

Where did I call ALL you Indians liars?

"IAF air chief said no such request ever happened which also makes you Indians liars since many of you here claim India has gotten F-35 classified briefing"

See how you make my point that many of you Indians are liars? :ROFLMAO:
The same applies to Dubya & the Americans. He said Iraq had weapons of mass destruction & launched a war which many dumb Americans like you still believe. That makes your class of politicians liars & you dumbfucks. All put together, it's a huge clusterfuck which pretty much defines the F-35 program. How's that, Puto? 🤣🤣

The same applies to Dubya & the Americans. He said Iraq had weapons of mass destruction & launched a war which many dumb Americans like you still believe. That makes your class of politicians liars & you dumbfucks. All put together, it's a huge clusterfuck which pretty much defines the F-35 program. How's that, Puto? 🤣🤣
Again deflecting und purposely getting off a topic that has debunked you und your claims. And why the rage? I'm guessing it's not a misspelled and didn't mean Pluto. Don't know what you mean and aint gonna look it on work PC.

And? Even before US has never officially offered the F-35 to India it's always MAY offer or THEY'D LIKE to offer, WILLING to offer or INTERESTED in selling but US has never OFFICIALLY offered the F-35 to India. Do you understand this?

Willing to offer F-35 to India if US govt approves: Lockheed | World News - Hindustan Times

There are only two ways to have the F35 "offered". One is to set up a tender and LM decides to participate with it. The second is to officially request for it. The tender thing won't do because even the Russians participate in our tender. So the only other way is for India to ask for it, which it hasn't done so far.

However the F-35 is on "offer" to us. If we ask for it, we will get it.

'Cause...

Reactions: john0496 and Lolwa
Again deflecting und purposely getting off a topic that has debunked you und your claims. And why the rage? I'm guessing it's not a misspelled and didn't mean Pluto. Don't know what you mean and aint gonna look it on work PC.
Not at all Puto. You said all Indians are liars. I just showed you all Americans are dumb & liars. Not just that, you've lost every war you've ever fought. From Korea to Vietnam to Afghanistan. You don't count Iraq for it was under The UN mandate with an international force The first time & the next time so thoroughly weakened it doesn't count. The only war you ever won was against Granada. No wonder the Chinese are confident they can take your a r s e. I fancy you'd love it too, Puto. So much for your superior weapons & your F-35. 🤣🤣

There are only two ways to have the F35 "offered". One is to set up a tender and LM decides to participate with it. The second is to officially request for it. The tender thing won't do because even the Russians participate in our tender. So the only other way is for India to ask for it, which it hasn't done so far.

However the F-35 is on "offer" to us. If we ask for it, we will get it.

'Cause...
No the F-35 will not be offered to you if India ask for it. Many many things have to happen and conditions set before India can be offered the F-35.

Not at all Puto. You said all Indians are liars. I just showed you all Americans are dumb & liars. Not just that, you've lost every war you've ever fought. From Korea to Vietnam to Afghanistan. You don't count Iraq for it was under The UN mandate with an international force The first time & the next time so thoroughly weakened it doesn't count. The only war you ever won was against Granada. No wonder the Chinese are confident they can take your a r s e. I fancy you'd love it too, Puto. So much for your superior weapons & your F-35. 🤣🤣
Hmm. A lying Indian making my point that MANY of your kind in here are liars and raging over pointing his lie that I didn't say ALL INDIANS are liars.

And again you bring up topics that has nothing to do with what we're talking about. Shows how easily it is to get under your Indian skin.

• Haha
Reactions: BMD and _Anonymous_
Hmm. A lying Indian making my point that MANY of your kind in here are liars and raging over pointing his lie that I didn't say ALL INDIANS are liars.

And again you bring up topics that has nothing to do with what we're talking about. Shows how easily it is to get under your Indian skin.
Every comment of yours merely reinforces my point that all Americans are dumb & liars too - a fact which makes you twice as dangerous. I noticed you never contradicted my point merely overlooked it as all liars do when they're caught with their pants down .

No need to thank me . Always a pleasure to show an American the mirror.

You can change the goal post as much as you want. It’s your problem.
I just showed you that NATO membership is not necessary.

No shame in self correction.

So does Turkey and lots of other countries around the globe.
And as said by someone here , you and BMD think (or not) like brothers. You both know that what you said was totally false but that doesn’t deter you from uselessly argue on the same line
No, but alignment is, none of the other countries buy shed-loads of Russian hardware. You missed the boat 70 years ago.

The fact you use the example of Australia as being comparable to India just because it's not NATO shows complete political ignorance. Australia is 5 eyes and a commonwealth state. It's only for geographical reasons that they aren't NATO members, same with ROK as regards the geography part.

I never said NATO membership was necessary, I simply pointed out that Turkey was a NATO member, which would usually guarantee the ability to be an F-35 customer, but because they bought a SAM system from a rival they screwed themselves. Hence India, a non-NATO country, that also operates S-400s, MiGs, Flankers etc. and has a history of non-NATO alignment has no chance.

Reactions: Innominate
I am really surprised that so many of you are gobbling up troll baits here. Remember to ignore members trying to troll here, they will automatically lose interest.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Bon Plan and Ashwin
not FOC but a new engine already on the drawing board.... interesting.

The engine upgrade is very necessary though. A 10% increase in thrust will give it a signficantly higher TWR. Right now, with full fuel, it's slightly underpowered, until it gets to below 60% fuel.

The engine upgrade is very necessary though. A 10% increase in thrust will give it a signficantly higher TWR. Right now, with full fuel, it's slightly underpowered, until it gets to below 60% fuel.
If F-35 fully fueled is "slightly underpowered" I wonder how underpowered this is like this.
f7fe29f506e0fd9b7ab39afa6e0b94cf.jpg

Reactions: BMD