Line of Actual Control (LAC) : India & Tibet Border Updates

FB_IMG_1628249224436.jpg

Keep watch, change tacticts, as they now know the strength, swiftness of the Indian armed forces , they have tested the Indian army by themselves deploying the superficial force as a fodder. Next incursion will be deadly, very swift and deep and more diplomatically supported.

Reactions: Paro
Keep watch, change tacticts, as they now know the strength, swiftness of the Indian armed forces , they have tested the Indian army by themselves deploying the superficial force as a fodder. Next incursion will be deadly, very swift and deep and more diplomatically supported.
Anything swift actions needs a surprise factor ..........Chinese with their actions in ladakh made sure IA is deployed through out the LAC to deny them the surprise factor , not a great strategy by Chinese I would say . Lets not make a 7 feet superman out of these PLA guys

Anything swift actions needs a surprise factor ..........Chinese with their actions in ladakh made sure IA is deployed through out the LAC to deny them the surprise factor , not a great strategy by Chinese I would say . Lets not make a 7 feet superman out of these PLA guys
Surprize factor means intrude when the counter part is not in alert. No matter what is deployed where and since when.

Chinese intruded last year when India had multiple eyes in the sky, sat imagery, already high alert on the western border. You can have as many resources but timely action using these resources is what known as alertness.

Adversary waits until you are no more in alert.

For a country like India, you need both political alertness more than military alertness.

Can't tell if the gentleman here is diagnosing the situation as it will unfold or is superimposing his views on what he believes the situation would pan out to be. Incidentally he was also the military advisor to the NSC Secretariat between 2011-14 post which he was an OSD.

I've noticed a lot of political appointees notably SS Menon, S Sharan & now this general echo more or less the same Nehruivian tripe adapted to the current age.

How exactly is partition remembrance Day on 14th Aug going to disrupt the national security calculus is beyond me & I'd be grateful if someone can explain this .

Its actually a nicely worded reminder to India that US support isnt worth jackshit and that India will probably end up facing China alone.

@_Anonymous_ do you see a CPEC like framework coming up with Afghanistan. China is showing eagerness to tap the mineral wealth in Afghanistan and with NATO presence finished and the Taliban desperate for foreign approval they seem to be pretty well placed. It will be a good excuse to get some PLA presence there and opens up a lot of options for them against us.

Reactions: _Anonymous_
Its actually a nicely worded reminder to India that US support isnt worth jackshit and that India will probably end up facing China alone.
I don't think India is looking at the US for relentless & limitless support. If you read the other piece in the same article on the situation at the LAC, I think you'd come to the same conclusion.

@_Anonymous_ do you see a CPEC like framework coming up with Afghanistan. China is showing eagerness to tap the mineral wealth in Afghanistan and with NATO presence finished and the Taliban desperate for foreign approval they seem to be pretty well placed. It will be a good excuse to get some PLA presence there and opens up a lot of options for them against us.
Difficult to say. If I were the Chinese I'd wait & watch to see the Taliban effectively establish it's writ all over 🇦🇫 or at least prevent debilitating attacks of the kind witnessed at Kabul Airport today before I commit investment to it.
Clear message to India. They will intrude again when Indian political alertness will be weak and inputs will be ignored by the leaders and this time it will be massive than ever before. They are only waiting India to have a weak leader.
Frankly they've done whatever they've done when a "strong" leader is at the helm of affairs.

Reactions: Jaymax
Frankly they've done whatever they've done when a "strong" leader is at the helm of affairs.

China doesnt give a crap who is in power.

They are sitting pretty with the difference in power as forces sit currently. (I know people will jump at this remark)

They are smug about the difference in Industrial deficit. Hypothetically they can replace 200 tanks in 4 months if we take them out. Same for planes - frontline fighters can be replaced at a decent rate.

Our equipment levels will be extremely sensitive to attrition.

China doesnt give a crap who is in power.

They are sitting pretty with the difference in power as forces sit currently. (I know people will jump at this remark)

They are smug about the difference in Industrial deficit. Hypothetically they can replace 200 tanks in 4 months if we take them out. Same for planes - frontline fighters can be replaced at a decent rate.

Our equipment levels will be extremely sensitive to attrition.
There's another fallacy here which needs debunking & which this government hasn't done anything to eliminate such a thought. It's not the prospect of victory but the cost of it too which the Chinese would've factored in.

Let's say that if they were convinced this is going to be a pyrrhic victory, would they actually go thru with what they've presently undertaken? Here's where our government ought to have taken a leaf from the Paxtani playbook.

Unfortunately, the impression we've given the world, not just the Chinese is we're anxious to achieve peace. The Chinese will take it to mean at any cost & that's precisely what's being negotiated on the LAC with those various meetings between corps commanders & what have you.

Another problem with those tactical retreats which is eventually how this will be sold by this government & it's apologists as similar moves in the past have been sold with due process followed which in turn has been pounced upon by their critics as this will be too, is that there's no day of reckoning being considered either on the Western or the Eastern front. Merely more tactical retreats .

@Falcon