Line of Actual Control (LAC) : India & Tibet Border Updates

I wa
This is quintessential nazism rising.
India US etc are doing what happened in lates 30s. Appeasement.
I was once on a flight from US to HK. As a co-passenger I was having conversation with a HK resident sitting next to me and the topic moved to how China has suppressed rights in Tibet. The HK resident defended China's actions by saying that Tibetans are exploitative within their society including practicing serfdom, and China is doing a big favor by accepting them in their country and the chinese society, and reeducating the Tibetans.

He wouldn't have spoken the way he did, but for the HK'ites being educated with some part of the curriculum imported from china.

By the same logic, it seems, now HK is getting dose of similar favor from China. And they are experiencing first hand what it feels to be undermined of their liberties.

Last edited:
I was thinking why not use tethered balloons for observation on the LAC ?
They can carry high quality cameras transmitting 24 x 7 to the ground from a much higher altitude and since its not a hot war , no danger of being shot down atm.
The cameras can be powered by a supply on the ground as the balloon is tethered. You can watch the Chinese movement easily.
The Chinese have built observation towers in some areas , this can be a cheap reply.
I was reading about the need for 200 drones on the lac and think this would be a much simpler solution.

• Agree
Reactions: JustCurious
I was thinking why not use tethered balloons for observation on the LAC ?
They can carry high quality cameras transmitting 24 x 7 to the ground from a much higher altitude and since its not a hot war , no danger of being shot down atm.
The cameras can be powered by a supply on the ground as the balloon is tethered. You can watch the Chinese movement easily.
The Chinese have built observation towers in some areas , this can be a cheap reply.
I was reading about the need for 200 drones on the lac and think this would be a much simpler solution.
They exist already, we call them remote sensing satellites. They revisit the same spot at least once in 24 hours. For more tactical observation, drones are used on a need basis.

They exist already, we call them remote sensing satellites. They revisit the same spot at least once in 24 hours. For more tactical observation, drones are used on a need basis.
Could you enumerate how 1 pass of a satellite in 24 hrs! is better than a continuous 24 hr real time transmission ?
Drones are useful, thats why said this can be a low cost , low effort supplement. In a war , the balloons will be the first casualties and the drones will become important. But for a border post , the balloons with cameras is a effective observation solution, deep into enemy territory.
Maybe someone can suggest this to the IA , with due credit to me ?

Could you enumerate how 1 pass of a satellite in 24 hrs! is better than a continuous 24 hr real time transmission ?
1 Pass minimum, if you need more frequent revisits add more satellites.

India has quite a few remote sats to re-visit the area.

BTW, 24 hours monitoring is simply not possible with visuals because of day and night. With a SAR satellite like NISAR you can also cover night time.

So, you are already down to 12 hours. 3 satellite to task and you have 4 hours revisit. Good enough for all early recon.

Note sats are at much higher altitude and cover much further distance.

Last edited:
There is One Big difference between
What the Chinese are saying and what they have achieved so far

They are saying that this place where they are squatting right now is theirs

But they have NOT achieved India' s agreement or consent on their CLAIM

That is why they have mobilised their forces

Because we have rejected their claims

Hmm. Yep. Big achievement by us.

PoJ&K - occupied by Pakistanis since forever. They have to keep their forces mobilized.
North Dokalam - great victory for us. They, the PLA, has to keep their forces mobilized.
Aksai Chin - great victory for us. PLA has to remain forward staged.

Yes. We have won.

Just like Pakistanis won after 1971 as they got rid of the 'pesky Banglas' and became land of the pure.
So you mean the parliament will pass another resolution to not rest until all the territory lost is recovered and that will be the end of it. Sigh....

Show is over folks!

They did a semi-Kargil and we decided to look away. Fine by me. But in return we did not do any sort of tit-for-tat move to counter their move.

I am still hoping we will do something where we have the advantage. Especially something they will never expect, like pitching tents right next to their North Doklam camp. Or even convert the LAC into LoC in many places and then tell them to go back in exchange for our withdrawal. Hopefully also make it clear that any new attempt will result in dead Little Emperors.

At this rate, they are definitely going to open up another front with their new walk in and squat technique. We just have to do it before they do.

That won't matter. If things go on for too long, then we end up with a new status quo.

We have already accepted a new status quo.

Only a delusive personality will claim 'militarily building up to throw PLA out.'

No political will. Nada.

Had there been, routine leaves and turnovers would not be on. Reserves would have been called up. Nothing

So, enjoy and look towards securing your own personal incomes and profession :)
I don't think PLA achieved its objectives because Global times is still churning out propaganda pics and speaking in threatening tone.

Their plan(s), whatever they were/are, surely didn't involve PLA troops KIA.

Now it's not about territory/LAC but teaching IA a lesson for what they did to PLA. We were expected to take a beating lying down.

They want to make sure nothing ever happens to their little emperors before disengagement.

That is pretty much the narrow perspective that Indians are known for.

We have got thousands of KIAs in Valley since 1947. What have we done of it? Did it make any difference to us? Apart from jingoism ... can you point out to me what difference did it make?

I dont think they are done yet. Their main goal is do something to secure CPEC. I am sure they have some plan for this.

They have secured it. Your leadership aka the present dispensation in power, is making tall claims as usual. GB is over with. The bombastic statements done with.

Apart from OSINTs killing PIA, hard reality is that the fire fight on LC is a generalistic affair. The only time we hit them hard, casualties will be told.

Rest all is OSINT bullshit that these many killed that many killed. Status quo ... prevails.
The funny times when territory claimed and controlled by Indian forces becomes "No mans land".

Don't worry, new no-mansland will crop up few years from now as we vacate territory in garb of disengagement. North Dokalam, was lightly patrolled and held by Chinese. Post Dokalam, look what has happened. And now they patrol into South Dokalam.

Yeahhhh .... we won.

Reactions: ArgonPrime
This thing I can never understand. India invaded Pakistan, dropped some bombs and failed to deploy any air defence in advance. There were no half way decent aircrafts patrolling the areas AND there were no long range rocket artillery or missiles to attack objectives in Pakistan present in Kashmir.

What the hell were we playing with? What was the expectation? Who was the idiot who came up with a battle plan with no reinforcement?

The moment Indian fighter was shot down, Pakistan's airbases should have been taken out by ballistic missiles or cruise missiles. Why the hell entire plan had no foresight or no second line of defence or action built into it?

Now compare and contrast this with China : There are forces, reinforcement, artillery, tanks and what not. We are paying the price of the idiots who run the show in new delhi and the idiots who agreed not to respond on Feb 27th.

Political imperatives.

As a soldier, and a leader, I also ask myself why should I get my men killed and families destroyed for spineless gutless nation .... so, you find armed forces are increasingly only means for a secured livelihood. And some insurance.

Better terms and conditions than civil life any day of the week, you have to admit.

And you have to survive in an environment where your probability of getting killed is much lower than the sum probability of being killed on a road in India.

Political imperatives.

As a soldier, and a leader, I also ask myself why should I get my men killed and families destroyed for spineless gutless nation .... so, you find armed forces are increasingly only means for a secured livelihood. And some insurance.

Better terms and conditions than civil life any day of the week, you have to admit.

And you have to survive in an environment where your probability of getting killed is much lower than the sum probability of being killed on a road in India.
Great point!
I do concur with you. I have a younger sister. She aspires to be a doctor. I have often nudged her towards AFMC.

Reactions: Hellfire
Drones are useful, thats why said this can be a low cost , low effort supplement. In a war , the balloons will be the first casualties and the drones will become important. But for a border post , the balloons with cameras is a effective observation solution, deep into enemy territory.
Maybe someone can suggest this to the IA , with due credit to me ?

We use aerostats for long range and drones for short range.

Just balloons will have line of sight issues, that's why drones are the better option.

@Falcon I wonder how the armed forces would keep themselves motivated in such situations. How do they keep their motivation even with Pakistan when they aren't allowed to retaliate hard quite often? If the rank and file are still kept motivated then it would be called brainwashing, no?

@Falcon I wonder how the armed forces would keep themselves motivated in such situations. How do they keep their motivation even with Pakistan when they aren't allowed to retaliate hard quite often? If the rank and file are still kept motivated then it would be called brainwashing, no?
Frankly even armed forces know their limits. Its mutual...

Show is over folks!

1596569625553.png

The person who deals with reality, especially life and death kind of reality is not fooled easily. Or shall I say, fools in such professions do not survive for too long.

• Love
Reactions: JustCurious