INS Vikrant (IAC1) & INS Vikramaditya - News & Discussions

From data it's possible to tell that INS Vikrant can take 4 aircraft in hanger out of 7 modern fighters, That is F35C & Not B, MIG29, Tejas, FA18..
If the Indian Navy chooses the RafaleM, where there is a problem, Dassault or Indian Navy engineers have solutions.

Concerning the Vikrant, a solution would be to dismantle/reassemble the wingtip rails.

Or:
https://i.ibb.co/nQ399GB/Rafale-Vikrant.png
(thx to the original poster)

Reactions: Ankit Kumar

The original poster making an impression..

If the Indian Navy chooses the RafaleM, where there is a problem, Dassault or Indian Navy engineers have solutions.

Concerning the Vikrant, a solution would be to dismantle/reassemble the wingtip rails.

Or:
https://i.ibb.co/nQ399GB/Rafale-Vikrant.png
(thx to the original poster)

This continuous switch between MRSAM/LRSAM terminology is confusing. I thought LRSAM & XRSAM systems were under development & both increase MRSAM 80-100km range considerably. Now they call it LRSAM already?

Large parts of the aviation complex have been procured from Russia, another shipyard official said.

Does that mean the basic facilities? Will SH/rafales need own complex?

This continuous switch between MRSAM/LRSAM terminology is confusing. I thought LRSAM & XRSAM systems were under development & both increase MRSAM 80-100km range considerably. Now they call it LRSAM already?

Large parts of the aviation complex have been procured from Russia, another shipyard official said.

Does that mean the basic facilities? Will SH/rafales need own complex?
Think about it from the perspective of service requirement. For navy a 70km missile is long range but for airforce it's just a medium range.

LR/MRSAM is Barak 8 JV with Israel.But XRSAM is independent development of DRDO. Also, keep in mind IAI has a long range varient called Barak 8 ER with a booster which looks a lot like our XRSAM program.

A doctrinal question: is the navy air force supposed to be able to deliver nuclear fire?
(if not classified)
Not until Indian Navy has Catobar Aircraft carrier with TEDBF which should be available by 2035-40.
Mig29s are not suitable for nuclear weapons delivery.
As per doctrine we have TRIAD goal which clearly states nuclear weapons delivery by Land, Air Sea. So no problem with doctrine. The only thing holding us back is nuclear capable fighter planes flying off from capable aircraft carrier (having longer combat ranges most probably a nuclear powered) ..😊

Reactions: Amarante
Not until Indian Navy has Catobar Aircraft carrier with TEDBF which should be available by 2035-40.
Mig29s are not suitable for nuclear weapons delivery.
As per doctrine we have TRIAD goal which clearly states nuclear weapons delivery by Land, Air Sea. So no problem with doctrine. The only thing holding us back is nuclear capable fighter planes flying off from capable aircraft carrier...😊
Thank you.
Then my answer in a single word: Rafale :whistle:

No, naval aviation will never have the role.
In the german case, the americans had refused to adapt the f-18 to carry the nuclear delivery system (which was one of the reasons why the germans chose the f-35).
So, for this mission, it is to be hoped that the tedbf will enter service in due course. In the meantime, the rafale could carry out this mission.

i found that (ASPI, nov.01): (...) It’s unclear whether India will escape CAATSA if it accepts delivery from Nevskoe Design Bureau of the aviation facility complex for INS Vikrant that’s scheduled for the end of next year. The bureau was among 29 entities of Russia’s defence establishment sanctioned by the US State Department in April. An aviation facility complex is a crucial assembly that supports an aircraft carrier’s air wing, and without its integrated airpower the Vikrant will remain essentially a floating hull.(...)

Any news?