Indo - Chinese Diplomatic & Economic Relations : News, Updates, Discussions & Analysis.

@Gautam Pls don't tell me you found it funny coz boozy Paddy here did.
Not teaming up with @BMD. If that's what concerns you.
If I am to describe my own feelings after reading it, I'd say I am amused and mildly entertained. Since we don't have a reaction for amusement, I went with funny.
The headline tells me its an article on how Modi is changing/re-orienting his foreign policy vis-a-vis China. Yet you read the article and it says nothing like that. I am always amused at the articles that come out during the "honeymoon phase" of any new govt. Especially articles about foreign policy and economy and stuff. Part of the reason for my amusement is curiosity mixed with a caution, we know how a lot of things promised don't hold out in politics.
If you look at the article it talks about how India doesn't have money/resources/time and we are basically doing our Foreign policy in the neighbourhood region by intimidation and threats. Yet look at India's one odd billion grant to the Maldives just a few days back when Modi visited, clearly that was more than intimidation. That will help them pay back the Chinese debt.
Then of course there is a long list of articles on how Nepal and Bhutan are basically waiting for a chance to break free and run away to China. We have problem with our relations with them, I will be the first one to admit that. But the foundations of those relations were set on much stronger base. Our relations with Nepal and Bhutan are an outcome of history, culture, geography, economy, traditions, people to people relations etc. We can't run away from them neither can they run away from us.
About the bombast of BRI, somebody call Sri Lanka please. When the Chinese were leasing the Hambantota port our "experts" were going on about how this will turn into a Chinese spy hub and how the R&AW won't ever catch up to them. Then came the Ester church bombings, somehow the Chinese were nowhere to be found, assuming they wanted to help at all. Wasn't it the R&AW proving critical info to the Sri Lankans ?

My amusement stems from fatigue I guess, I am tired listening/reading on how the Chinese are invincible in everything, everywhere. Yet when rubber meets the road its a different story.

IndoPacific_SCS_Info (@IndoPac_Info) Tweeted:
Thread: #India, #China voice differences over Kashmir but decide to rebuild bridges - S. Jaishankar asked Beijing not to deviate from the Wuhan summit & Astana consensus, while Wang Yi prompted New Delhi to make special efforts to build regional peace. India, China voice differences over Kashmir but decide to rebuild bridges ( )

Please do read the whole thread. It's an effective rebuttal to Praveen Sawhney's claims.